Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TotalSnorefest View Post
    How would you think Pokkén would rate for someone who isn't huge on fighting games? I've played a fair share of Smash Bros, but could never really get much fun out of Mortal Kombat/Capcom vs SNK and stuff. Considering to try it again with Pokkén though because, well because Pokémon! Just not convinced yet I wanna spend 60 bucks on it.

Well I would say the game is abit more complex then smash in terms of controls but not so hard that you wouldn't be able to enjoy it. If that makes any sense.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLanternRanger View Post
    Well I would say the game is abit more complex then smash in terms of controls but not so hard that you wouldn't be able to enjoy it. If that makes any sense.
    Awesome, thanks! Yeah it's just I don't have the patience/time to learn endless button combos like many fighting games almost demand. Glad to hear this isn't hugely complicated, I'll give it a go soon! Particularly curious how Suicune plays, being a quatroped and all.

Got my copy of Hyrule Warriors Legends today. Pretty fun game IMO, easier then the Wii U version.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

Can we talk about games exclusively released to Nintendo systems but are developed by other companies?
    I'm a huge fan of the Metroid style Castlevania games, and with the exception of Symphony of the Night, they all belong to handheld Nintendo systems.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

So apparently Miitomo will launch in the U.S. and Europe this Thursday.
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/03/...a-release-date

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/syste...060961/?page=1

New NX rumors

I stumbled across a New user on Reddit called 'desmotor' - claims to be another Nintendo employee from NOA marketing. So i couldn't resist asking some questions. The threads are quite recent so if you enjoy the rumormill, i encourage you to jump on the bandwagon.

Here are some highlights from what he has said already:

- Says previous leaker/colleague was embarrassingly fired.

- His colleagues know he is leaking stuff but Nintendo won't find out who he is. He won't take the risk like Trevelyan's source by proving his validity to the internet. He is doing for the 'fun and told you so factor'. Apparently Nintendo doesn't treat him well considering what he does, and things have gotten worse since the Trevelyan leak (a.k.a. SupermetalDave64), and he has no respect for them. Those leaks are the only ones which have been legit btw.

So, first off,

A media event will be announced in mid April. Event in late April after Starfox Zero Launches.

And... here we go again guys,

- 'Nintendo Reach' a.k.a. NX will be a staggered launch with console holiday 2016 and handheld mid 2017. Comes with a standard controller similar to the Pro.

"This is the name of Nintendo's new console - From what I have seen the logo is stylized in a variety of ways - One of them is stylized in a 90's Nintendo fashion and the other in a Wii/DS style -The marketing is split between hardcore gamers and Casuals."

- Is not backward compatible with Wii U but games will be ported to NX through a Reach setting and Wii U setting.

- The OS is one and the same for the console and held, sort of like Google chrome being used on different devices. Some games are shared.

- Is cartridge based, similar in size to 3DS carts, but more rectangular. Carts that can be used on both devices and have red and blue markers. Carts only on console have a blue marker and handheld only carts have the red marker.

- Handheld is about the size of the bottom screen of a 3DS XL with a freeform display which will be marketed as "The full immersion" display. it has some form of head tracking.

- Only major things online being pushed in regards to online are Voice chat, cloud saves and My nintendo missions.

- It lies in between The XBONE and PS4. Powerful and affordable.

NX will be launching with flagship titles The Legend of Zelda - The Fields of Dawn & a new 3D Mario dubbed Mario Underground (title TBD)

"Takes place in Truffle Kingdom underneath our familiar setting -You can explore this Kingdom to discover "Tunnels" to levels and "Gem" coins -it has all the Mario world's we have come to know and love but with a subterranean twist to each - A new Crystal Power up which lets Mario turn into a drill to tunnel around and for him to shoot projectiles -This is probably the most Story centric mainline game yet with the familiar crew meeting their Truffle Kingdom counter parts. -Bowser is playable. - "A graphic I saw showed a cross section of the Mushroom Kingdom then subworld then the Truffle kingdom."

Also,

- A new Animal Crossing is in the works.

- Retro Studios is making a 2017 holiday title dubbed Nintendo's All Stars (title TBD) and is an action RPG.

Well, what do you reckon SW? Worth a discussion providing that plenty of the old Sodium Chloride is at hand!

He has a few threads on the go so here's the forum link (on my phone btw so somebody could fix the link if the want).

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoNX/More info:

UPDATE:

- What Kimishima said about it being a totally new experience was a load of crap. NX is pretty traditional apart from the carts and handheld console interaction.

- Split marketing - casual (handheld) and core (console and console+handheld)

- Reach setting adjust the game to be able to play without the gamepad, Wii U setting requires the game pad and plays like a normal Wii U game.

Will ship with controller, console and 5 virtual console games, there is also a bundle that comes with 'MiiWare.'

- Scrollable wheels and haptic analogue are used for Drilling with the crystal power up in Super Mario UNDERGROUND and power up switching.

- Doesn't know what architecture is being used.

- No info on SCD

UPDATE 2:

- Ubisoft's, EA's and Activision's yearly titles aimed for Launch.

- Console @ $350.

- Handheld Launches in the Spring of 2017 @ $199.

- High Budget and Retro styled ad campaign, using red and blue as color themes. No gimmick advertised in relation to the console.

- Handheld graphics described as 'jaggy Wii U games'

UPDATE 3:

He only seems to be be answering PM's at the moment, so i asked him to clarify a few things and here are the answers he gave:

- Mario is sort of like octo valley from splatoon just expanded.

- All stars is very amiibo heavy but you can buy characters for around 5 bucks.

- Virtual console is being heavily marketed.

- Reggie hosts the NX media event a sneak peek of Mario and Zelda will be shown there.

- E3 is a conference with prerecorded footage being filmed in a couple of days.

- Nintendo and I think this thing will do well and probably surpass xbone.

If you have any questions that haven't already been answered i can try to get them answered via PM... bear in mind he says he's in marketing so he doesn't know specifics about power etc.

So Miitomo came out today. Anybody else download it yet? If so what do you think?

A new reddit user has come forth claiming to be a dev on an NX game

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoNX/...or_the_nx_ask/

From the bits of info we have

Not a Japanese game, will likely be revealed in April, definitive console edition and an rpg

About the NX

Very marketable name

NOT backwards compatible

If the rumors of a ps4.5 are true then it will be equal to NX ( this was the part that I thought will get a lot of attention)

The most powerful console the dev ever worked on.

Here are quotes

"*It is more powerful than the PS4 by any sensible metric. Overall, it is at least slightly more powerful
    *12GB on ours. A substantial portion may not be available to games (we can only go as high as 6GB right now)
    *1TB embedded HDD, pretty sure this is not the case for the consumer version, though
    *I'll tell you it's not x86 (but you can probably guess what it is)"

Connectivity with mobile devices seems to be the goal.

"Our devkit uses discs. At least one controller has a screen, albeit there are at least two separate kinds of controllers. More powerful than a PS4, but these things are naturally hard to quantify, there are so many things to keep track of. I will say, there is no single metric where the console is weaker than the PS4. At worst it matches it. Development is extremely easy, no obvious bottlenecks on the hardware. Our game is a port."

"There are scrolling shoulder buttons. They are the L and R buttons. They depress too. We are using them for weapon and spell switching (though we are programming remapping for controls, too). The scroll buttons are my favorite part of the controller, to be honest, they are a sensible and practical evolution for controllers. We're just using the screen for inventory and maps. Nothing special. We might do Remote Play on the controller, but we are waiting on Nintendo for guidelines on that, I believe."

"I know nothing about the handheld- if it exists, we weren't shown it. I know there is at least one extension port on the devkit, I don't know what that is for. There is no 'new way to play,' that's just marketing speak. It's a fairly traditional console with some sensible evolutions. From what I can gather about targeted specifications for the retail release, I think Nintendo may have some AR gimmicks, but they are definitely not the central point of the console to the best of my knowledge."

"Nintendo plans a Q2 reveal of the console, that is honestly all I know (we've been told to have a trailer and demo build ready, to be deployed at short notice any time starting April)"

"I couldn't tell you anything about what games Nintendo has planned.I know they had a meeting with the upper management, and I think that their own lineup was discussed in that meeting, but the most I hear is that Nintendo will have 'a good lineup.' Which, I mean, that goes without saying, right? The online is definitely far better this time around. In general, it seems like we can 'plug in' (so to speak) loads of online features into our games without having to worrying about whether the backend even supports them, that we never could on Nintendo systems before. There's not much online functionality in our game, but even basic features that were missing before are present here."

"I couldn't speak to what the final OS will be like at all. Right now, it's a hog. I think 6GB is reserved for it. It seems to run mostly fine. It resembles Android the most- a very bloated Android."

"*The touch screen is capacitive. Very high quality, in my experience.
    *I think this version of the game is definitive, at least on consoles. It looks the best, performs the best, and has extra content included.
    *We're pretty excited about it. We have never worked on a Nintendo system before (by which I mean specifically my team), and we are pleasantly surprised
    *I do not wish to speak of the name
    *It is a powerful, flexible traditional console, with very minor gimmicks that don't get in the way. Very unlike Nintendo, at least the Nintendo of the last 15 years."

"There will be a new Nintendo console out this year. As of right now, we have a launch window for December, and I am pretty sure we are aiming to be a launch game."

"The OS seems to be fully accessible while the game is running. I can confirm that multitasking is a thing. The devkit can interact with Android and iOS tablets and phones, as well as PCs and Macs (I specifically tested for a Mac). From what I have been able to gather- and this part is strictly speculation- I think that the console will be able to construct a full profile for you by having you just pair up with a smartphone or tablet or PC, without you having to set one up."

"You can do this with games, although obviously, you need to have the other device programmed to be able to communicate with the console. In simple terms, games with smartphone apps will be able to instantly connect with their apps on phones or tablets, without nonsensical logins and pairings and synchronizations, and what not."

"It's a marketable name. Not like Wii U, which was inherently a terrible one. This is my final answer for now! I'll make a new thread (or bump this one) when I return!"

"It's flat out the most powerful console I have ever worked on, with no bottlenecks."

"Uh, I'll make this my last answer for now: if the PS4.5 is real, I think it and the NX should be reasonably matched."

"Interactive achievements are a thing. They're not EXACTLY like achievements, they're more like challenges (or 'missions'), but we're implementing them like achievements. "

After falling for the controller fakes I don't believe anything anymore.

The "dev'-leak" actually sounds more reasonable - mainly for one reason only: the lack of a cartridge-system.

A cartridge-system just isn't economically feasible today - they cost of making itty-bitty compact cartridges that can actually fill up 1080p -games is simply unreasonable! To compete with Xbone and PS4, Nintendo needs Bluray - that means data-sizes from somewhere around 12 - 25 gb! It's possible, but this would make Nintendo-games more expensive than their competitors - and Nintendo can't afford to do that these days.

Though, I will say this - if what the dev'-leak says ends up being true, then that would be awesome, as that's basically what Nintendo have needed to do for some time now.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLanternRanger View Post
    So Miitomo came out today. Anybody else download it yet? If so what do you think?
    Miitomo is cute, and I intend to mine it for all the My Nintendo points that I can, but it's also a pile of bugs and crashes. I have 2 tablets, one that won't run it at all and another that will run it but the keyboard keeps crashing so I can't type anything. Hopefully they'll get the stability up in a few updates, but I'm still miffed. This is why I don't trust Nintendo to launch things except on their own hardware.

On a separate note: Everything Reddit says is wrong about everything ever.

I was pretty miffed that I can use parental control to buy eshop games for my 10 year old, but he's too young to get a my.nintendo.com account - not even via parental control! It seems silly, but why can other people get discounts and other perks and he/we can't? It's not as if kids 13 and over are buying titles anyway - it's the parents!

That aside, am I to believe that there will be a new handheld Nintendo system coming out next year?
    With the release of the New 3DS, that doesn't seem logical... but I certainly won't spring for a DSXL if that's the case.

By the way, does anyone know how to rearrange the icons on the 2DS menu?

See, we've deleted some demo's and there are these annoying empty spaces between the icons (most of which are games)... The other thing is that crap like YouTube, which is never used on that system, are right at the beginning of the menu, whereas the cartridge and the most popular games are waaay further back, meaning needless scrolling.

Nintendo should address the annoying little things like this, rather than try to sell themes... which is pretty much a total waste of money.

Quote Originally Posted by VivaChiba View Post
    By the way, does anyone know how to rearrange the icons on the 2DS menu?

See, we've deleted some demo's and there are these annoying empty spaces between the icons (most of which are games)... The other thing is that crap like YouTube, which is never used on that system, are right at the beginning of the menu, whereas the cartridge and the most popular games are waaay further back, meaning needless scrolling.

Nintendo should address the annoying little things like this, rather than try to sell themes... which is pretty much a total waste of money.
    Pretty sure you just take the stylus, and then tap & hold on the icon for a few seconds. It becomes able to move and you can drag it into another spot!

For real?
    That must mean that there's something up with our system then, because we can't get those stupid badge from the arcade to decorate the screen either (damn things just ping back up into the selection area when the stylus is lifted).

Anyway, we're using a 2DS and thanks a lot for the advice - I'll give it another go next time I'm about to play Pokemon Shuffle.