Page 10 of 35 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLanternRanger View Post
    Agreed, it's what alot of people thought the Wii-U should have been. I have a feeling this will do really well for Nintendo!

I also find it funny the haters are very pathetically trying to find ways to diss it. Nintendo Haters/ nay sayers are like Trump supporters. Loud, obnoxious & not very bright!

Also I am glad to see from the short snippet of the new Mario game that the system will most likely still have amiibo support.

March 2017 can't come fast enough!!!

P.S. And yes this is the PERFECT system for a Monster Hunter game!
    If hater means ...waiting to see more games and more...sure. We will hate away. But I have seen many say , lets wait and see what more games come out for the system before leaping to buy one. Nintendo has a lot of ground to make up. They have watched as Sony and Microsoft have left them in the dust console wise this generation.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    If hater means ...waiting to see more games and more...sure. We will hate away. But I have seen many say , lets wait and see what more games come out for the system before leaping to buy one. Nintendo has a lot of ground to make up. They have watched as Sony and Microsoft have left them in the dust console wise this generation.
    Eh, caution is fine, but it has already been confirmed the system will have alot of third party support (although I still find that silly such a thing is a big deal as the main draw for a Nintendo system is the actual Nintendo games)

Also saying Microsoft & Sony left them in the dust is abit of an exaggeration. Sure the Wii-U may have underperformed in sales, but Nintendo still made money on it. And the 3DS has done great all through its life cycle

Heck the only reason the Wii-U underperformed is due to people being overly obsessed with Video games being uber realistic interactive movies instead of actual games, and the ridiculous dude-bro mentality that somehow playing every genaric war game, FPS Shoot-em up & rockstar gang video game somehow made you cooler or more adult then playing an all ages game for fun. Which is flat out ridiculous.

But hey, on the bright side, with the new system getting 3rd party support the dude-bros can play their call of duty on the system while the rest of us enjoy the actual Nintendo games.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

2017: When the console generation we're in should have actually started.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Eh, caution is fine, but it has already been confirmed the system will have alot of third party support (although I still find that silly such a thing is a big deal as the main draw for a Nintendo system is the actual Nintendo games)

Also saying Microsoft & Sony left them in the dust is abit of an exaggeration. Sure the Wii-U may have underperformed in sales, but Nintendo still made money on it. And the 3DS has done great all through its life cycle

Heck the only reason the Wii-U underperformed is due to people being overly obsessed with Video games being uber realistic interactive movies instead of actual games, and the ridiculous dude-bro mentality that somehow playing every genaric war game, FPS Shoot-em up & rockstar gang video game somehow made you cooler or more adult then playing an all ages game for fun. Which is flat out ridiculous.

But hey, on the bright side, with the new system getting 3rd party support the dude-bros can play their call of duty on the system while the rest of us enjoy the actual Nintendo games.
    I'd say that if your building a game system you went all ranges of folks playing games on it. The WiiU is looked at as a failure. One article claimed Nintendo felt the system would move just as many units as the Wii. Then saw it fail. If Nintendo is gonna make a return , they need the Dude Bros ya claimed to play on it and possibly get more games for it.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Until we see what that support is it doesn't really mean much of anything. Just like they're getting a port of a five year old game, my guess would be a lot of that support they'll have is going to be ports of things that are out right now, and probably a Switch version of some new stuff we already know is coming. The only thing that actually makes the prospect of ports of older games kind of an interesting selling point is you'll be able to play them wherever because the console is also a handheld.

The Wii-U was hurt before it even came out of the gate when it was said it wouldn't be all that much more power than the 360 & PS3. It was hurt by still not really getting any western developers on board. It was hurt by Nintendo calling it a Wii. And it was hurt again when it was found out, and this was like within the first year of its release, that they were already working on what became this new system.

In terms of the power of the system, Sony and Microsoft did leave Nintendo in the dust. And that was a huge problem with the Wii-U given it didn't have the same inherent interest the Wii had built into it thanks to the gimmick of its control.

That said, this thing is also Nintendo's new handheld system. Their handhelds, unlike their home console aren't hurting for developer support, so that shouldn't really be a problem. So I guess expect to see series that basically went 3DS exclusive coming back to the home market and looking good again.

Yeah, the Switch right now looks like Everything I Ever Wanted: The Console. Pretty, pretty psyched. And launching the month of my birthday.
    The X-Books Board is wretched and does not deserve the Domino Appreciation Thread.

Extraordinary Member

It's going to dominate in Japan. The rest of the world is more iffy, but having Mario, Zelda, Mario kart, and splatoon at launch should help.

I feel like Nintendo totally fucked up their messaging with that trailer. I think the way they're selling it there gives too much of an impression that it's a home console that you can take on the go, which can get people in the mindset of just thinking about Nintendo's console side of things, problems they've been having for many years now, and that this is just another gimmick console. Those are things they do not want you thinking about.

They really needed to make it clear that this is both the home console and their handheld system. They needed to have at least one game in that trailer that's been handheld exclusive being played on the Switch while on the go, then being plugged into the stand and being played on a tv. We should have seen something like Pokémon, Monster Hunter, or Dragon Quest looking like a console release titles in that trailer. Because those handheld games are something we're most likely 100% going to see on this new system, but I'm not really sure everyone is in the mindset of seeing things like Pokémon and Phoenix Wight looking like console games soon from the video. I mean I've know for years now that Nintendo consolidated their home and handheld development into one, that on the handheld side of things they've continuously outperformed all the home consoles, that they don't seemingly have any problem getting developers for their handheld juggernauts, and even I was being put in the mindset of just thinking about Nintendo's home console failures. And I'm pretty sure a lot of people are as well, given I've seen enough talk about it in other place about being a console gimmick as opposed to being Nintendo's new handheld.

That might be the most beautiful controller I've ever seen. I wasn't sold until I saw them take the buttons off the screen and it still play, but now I'm on board the hype train and the hype train can't stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Death&Return of Superman View Post
    I feel like Nintendo totally fucked up their messaging with that trailer. I think the way they're selling it there gives too much of an impression that it's a home console that you can take on the go, which can get people in the mindset of just thinking about Nintendo's console side of things, problems they've been having for many years now, and that this is just another gimmick console. Those are things they do not want you thinking about.

They really needed to make it clear that this is both the home console and their handheld system. They needed to have at least one game in that trailer that's been handheld exclusive being played on the Switch while on the go, then being plugged into the stand and being played on a tv. We should have seen something like Pokémon, Monster Hunter, or Dragon Quest looking like a console release titles in that trailer. Because those handheld games are something we're most likely 100% going to see on this new system, but I'm not really sure everyone is in the mindset of seeing things like Pokémon and Phoenix Wight looking like console games soon from the video. I mean I've know for years now that Nintendo consolidated their home and handheld development into one, that on the handheld side of things they've continuously outperformed all the home consoles, that they don't seemingly have any problem getting developers for their handheld juggernauts, and even I was being put in the mindset of just thinking about Nintendo's home console failures. And I'm pretty sure a lot of people are as well, given I've seen enough talk about it in other place about being a console gimmick as opposed to being Nintendo's new handheld.

Well it is technically a hybrid. It can be whatever you want it to be. If you want to use it as a consle you can, and if you want to use it as a handheld you can.

And overall it is more of a replacement for the Wii-U then the 3DS. The 3DS still has new games coming out for it in 2017 and will most likely continue to have steady support till at least fall 2018. Where as the next Legend of Zelda will most likely be the last Wii-U game.

As for Pokemon. I don't see an NX port of Sun and Moon coming anytime soon. Maybe a port/sequel to Pokken Tournrment, but not a main series game. But yea, I could definitely see a Dragon Quest game on the system at some point.

Also "gamers" need to stop looking at any gimmick/innovation thats not related to graphics as a bad thing. Seriously, its not like Sony & Microsoft didnt copy the Wii with their Move & Kinect. Heck i'd say Nintendo's gimmicks are more fun then putting on a VR headset, but hey, that's just my 2-cents.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    It's going to dominate in Japan. The rest of the world is more iffy, but having Mario, Zelda, Mario kart, and splatoon at launch should help.
    I can't imagine Nintendo releasing all four of those games at launch. They'll have to spread out the releases a little.

Gamestop is now letting people sign up on their site for updates about the Nintendo Switch. (My guess is just e-mailing you when pre-orders become avalible for the system &/or launch titles.)

http://m.gamestop.com/pages/storefront/switch

Amazon is also doing that