Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLanternRanger View Post
    Funny, I've never heard anyone call the N64 a failure. Hell, everyone I knew had one when I was a kid. Gamecube wasn't as well recived, but still had some solid first & third party games & the Wii was one of the best selling consles of all time! I think only certain kinds of people would ever associate Nintendo with failure. And even then most would solely use the Wii-U for that scapegoat. I think you are just projecting your thoughts/opinions on those systems as some sort of greater truth.
    Yeah, I've never heard anyone call the N64 a failure before. Sure the PS1 sold more than N64, but that doesn't mean its a failure. I guess it stems from an 'all or nothing' mentality which is pretty common in communities defined by the other, i.e. DC comics has outsold Marvel again!! Their going to collapse!! Its pretty silly.

As for VR being the future of gaming.... eh, i'd have to disagree. Its the future in the same way 3D movies were. It is something that may be an option from now on, but it won't be the only way to play a game from now on. We will still have a choice between regular & VR.
    I haven't heard a single positive review of any VR system by any of my usual sources and from what I have been reading both the Oculus and HTC Vive are DOA sales wise. Essentially the tech-hungry early adopters bought out the stock and when unit shelves were refilled, no one else was interested.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I can't imagine Nintendo releasing all four of those games at launch. They'll have to spread out the releases a little.
    I think Nintendo is in such a spot , they have to have 2 big titles ready at launch with a few minor ones to lure fans back. To lure the people to the console and give the company a shot again.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I think Nintendo is in such a spot , they have to have 2 big titles ready at launch with a few minor ones to lure fans back. To lure the people to the console and give the company a shot again.
    Oh, there will be some big games at launch. I don't doubt that. But Mario, Mario Kart, Zelda, and Splatoon at launch? These are four huge titles.

Ultimate Member

The key for Nintendo is third party support.

The last Nintendo system i bought was the Wii and I had to sell it after a while because of the lack of third party games.

I really like what see regarding the Nintendo Switch but I want to see what games are going to be on it first. The traditional first party games won't be enough to bring me back in.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    The key for Nintendo is third party support.

The last Nintendo system i bought was the Wii and I had to sell it after a while because of the lack of third party games.

I really like what see regarding the Nintendo Switch but I want to see what games are going to be on it first. The traditional first party games won't be enough to bring me back in.
    I agree. With the Wii-U Nintendo bent over backwards to try getting 3rd parties over, and they just didn't sell well. So this is as much on the customers as it is on Nintendo.
    Life is but a dream

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLanternRanger View Post
    Funny, I've never heard anyone call the N64 a failure. Hell, everyone I knew had one when I was a kid. Gamecube wasn't as well recived, but still had some solid first & third party games & the Wii was one of the best selling consles of all time! I think only certain kinds of people would ever associate Nintendo with failure. And even then most would solely use the Wii-U for that scapegoat. I think you are just projecting your thoughts/opinions on those systems as some sort of greater truth.
    I can't believe that. I can't believe someone that plays video games and post on forums about them has never heard anyone call the N64, the system on which they lost all their big third party series to the PS1, a failure. The system was a failure, it had some great games, it didn't really have much of them outside of what Nintendo themselves made for it—and that's a problem they've had ever since the N64. The Wii sold great, it also didn't have anyone really making games for it, and even Nintendo seemingly gave up on that thing half way through its lifespan.

And again would have to disagree on the Pokemon front. We may get Pokemon games on the consle, but I highly doubt we will see a main series game anytime soon,And if we did it would'nt be Sun & Moon but whatever game they did after those. Maybe Gen 8 come the early 2020's.
    This is my point about their messaging being terrible. This is not just a console. This is also their new handheld. You are thinking of the Switch all wrong. This will have a real Pokémon game on it because this is also their new handheld and their handheld systems are where Pokémon goes. They aren't going to be making systems that are just home consoles and just handhelds anymore, that became clear in 2013 when they merged those divisions. This is was Nintendo consoles and handhelds are now, they're just one thing.

I didn't say it would be Sun & Moon. Or that we would see a new one soon. Then again new main Pokémon games can come about just ever year. So it wouldn't be too crazy if there was a Switch on in 2017. Would be surprised if one came in 2018.

The Wii-U is Nintendo's 8th Gen console. The 3DS falls right into that same 8th gen timetable.
    As for VR being the future of gaming.... eh, i'd have to disagree. Its the future in the same way 3D movies were. It is something that may be an option from now on, but it won't be the only way to play a game from now on. We will still have a choice between regular & VR.
    No, it's not the future in the way 3D movies were. This actual changes games, and changes how games feel.

And as for the overall presentation, I don't see how they could have done any better. They showcased people playing it at home and on the go. But hey, just have to agree to disagree I guess.
    I already said exactly how you do it better. You show someone on the go playing any series that's known as a handheld series, so like Monster Hunter, you show this new great looking Monster Hunter being played like a handheld like they always are. Then, you show the Switch being plugged into the stand and this once handheld series being played on the TV looking like you've never seen a Monster Hunter game look before. This would tell your brain that it's goes both ways, that their handhelds are consoles and this console is a handheld, that this IS both things equally, and that you'll be seeing handheld series here too as well. What they did instead what just show off only console series being taken on the go.

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Death&Return of Superman View Post
    I can't believe that. I can't believe someone that plays video games and post on forums about them has never heard anyone call the N64, the system on which they lost all their big third party series to the PS1, a failure. The system was a failure, it had some great games, it didn't really have much of them outside of what Nintendo themselves made for it—and that's a problem they've had ever since the N64. The Wii sold great, it also didn't have anyone really making games for it, and even Nintendo seemingly gave up on that thing half way through its lifespan.

This is my point about their messaging being terrible. This is not just a console. This is also their new handheld. You are thinking of the Switch all wrong. This will have a real Pokémon game on it because this is also their new handheld and their handheld systems are where Pokémon goes. They aren't going to be making systems that are just home consoles and just handhelds anymore, that became clear in 2013 when they merged those divisions. This is was Nintendo consoles and handhelds are now, they're just one thing.

I didn't say it would be Sun & Moon. Or that we would see a new one soon. Then again new main Pokémon games can come about just ever year. So it wouldn't be too crazy if there was a Switch on in 2017. Would be surprised if one came in 2018.

The Wii-U is Nintendo's 8th Gen console. The 3DS falls right into that same 8th gen timetable.

No, it's not the future in the way 3D movies were. This actual changes games, and changes how games feel.

I already said exactly how you do it better. You show someone on the go playing any series that's known as a handheld series, so like Monster Hunter, you show this new great looking Monster Hunter being played like a handheld like they always are. Then, you show the Switch being plugged into the stand and this once handheld series being played on the TV looking like you've never seen a Monster Hunter game look before. This would tell your brain that it's goes both ways, that their handhelds are consoles and this console is a handheld, that this IS both things equally, and that you'll be seeing handheld series here too as well. What they did instead what just show off only console series being taken on the go.

The only forum I am on is this one. I don't talk about games alot, nor do I play them alot compared to "hardcore gamers". So no I have never heard anyone claim the N64 to be a failure.

And again I think people extremly over exaggerate how game changing or popular VR will be.

But yea, again we are going to have to agree to disagree.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

Gamestop will NOT be taking pre-orders for the NES Classic edition. It will be first come first serve.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/201...lassic_edition
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Nintendo has been facing some controversy as 2 games in the promo for the Switch aren't confirmed for the game. One is Skyrim and the other is NBA 2K17. Not only has this came up before (back when WiiU launched) one youtube channel picked Nintendo apart for this shady type promotion. That they had done this for the WiiU and games they promised , 3rd party support they claimed was gonna happen...didn't.

As this youtuber pointed out , Nintendo needs that 3rd party support. Some people will only buy certain games for a system , be it sports games. Be it 1st person shooters etc.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Eh, its not that big of a deal, both Bethseda & EA are already confirmed as partners. Odds are we will see the various sports games on the system. Weather we will get Skyrim or not is anybody's guess, however we know the company will be making something for the switch at some point.

In more positive news, Nintendo held a party at a Children's hospital. Always nice to see a company try to help/cheer up sick kids.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/201...ens_foundation

New trailer for Mario Party: Star Rush and the Amiibo compatibility.

Somwthing interesting I noticed, there seems to be a SMB style Bowser Jr. Amiibo in the game, but Bowser Jr. Is'nt part of the new SMB Amiibo set, so far he only has a Smash Bros. Series Amiibo. Wonder if this means he will be in a future wave or if that is just how he will look on the screen when using the existing amiibo?

Nintendo will be holding a worldwide Switch Stream/event from Japan on January 12th!

Ectoplaza is now avalible for download on the WiiU!

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Nintendo has been facing some controversy as 2 games in the promo for the Switch aren't confirmed for the game. One is Skyrim and the other is NBA 2K17. Not only has this came up before (back when WiiU launched) one youtube channel picked Nintendo apart for this shady type promotion. That they had done this for the WiiU and games they promised , 3rd party support they claimed was gonna happen...didn't.

As this youtuber pointed out , Nintendo needs that 3rd party support. Some people will only buy certain games for a system , be it sports games. Be it 1st person shooters etc.
    Its likely Nintendo asked the publishers not to say what games were coming until the reveal. Look at what 2K games said and what Bethesda said...they are identical. Its likely Nintendo wants a major blowout in January.

A Nobunaga's ambition game was confirmed for the Switch