Page 13 of 35 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Well, I always name my characters after the president elect and so after 8 years of Obama it looks like all my Links are going to be called Trump!
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    Well, I always name my characters after the president elect and so after 8 years of Obama it looks like all my Links are going to be called Trump!
    Poor Link.

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

speaking of Link, heres some new photos of the upcoming 30th Anniversary Legend of Zelda Amiibo.
    http://nintendoeverything.com/photos...ersary-amiibo/
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

I'm pretty sure the only Capcom games on those systems are Resident Evils.
    And yeah, it would be nice to have a portable RE4, even if it's not as good as the Wii Edition.
    I'm still waiting on news about Monster Hunter.

The new Miitomo update is now live!
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

The NES Classic Mini is in stores, and unsuprisingly selling out in mear minutes both at retail & online. I managed to get one off of Gamestop's website but I don't know how much longer they will be up there. Amazon will start taking orders at 2PM Pacific/4PM Central time. Best of luck to everyone going after one!

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

Nintendo could be incredibly dominate if they just stop being against the grain console wise.

Tried to get a classic mini at gamestop, they got a whopping 4 consoles in so that was a no go. Just tired amazon but every time I add it to the cart it won't actually add, I'm guessing from everyone like myself F5ing constantly the past 20 minutes waiting for it. I wish Nintendo would cut it out with this false scarcity crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor-of-Dragons View Post
    Nintendo could be incredibly dominate if they just stop being against the grain console wise.
    Eh, I like the fact Nintendo does things by the beat of there own drum. Being unique has its advantages.

Quote Originally Posted by Panfoot View Post
    Tried to get a classic mini at gamestop, they got a whopping 4 consoles in so that was a no go. Just tired amazon but every time I add it to the cart it won't actually add, I'm guessing from everyone like myself F5ing constantly the past 20 minutes waiting for it. I wish Nintendo would cut it out with this false scarcity crap.
    Agreed. As much as I love Nintendo they are the worst when it comes to pulling this ploy. I mean even Apple isn't as bad at that anymore as Nintendo still is.

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLanternRanger View Post
    Eh, I like the fact Nintendo does things by the beat of there own drum. Being unique has its advantages.

Agreed. As much as I love Nintendo they are the worst when it comes to pulling this ploy. I mean even Apple isn't as bad at that anymore as Nintendo still is.
    Nintendo need to continue targeting modern core gamers, and stop being very regressive. They need the dude bro gamers. And not just 30 years olds with a nostalgia filter (I'm included in that group lol)
    Last edited by Madam-Shogun-Assassin; 11-12-2016 at 09:29 AM.

I plan on getting that mini when nintendo stops being stupid and make senough
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Madam-Shogun-Assassin View Post
    Nintendo need to continue targeting modern core gamers, and stop being very regressive. They need the dude bro gamers. And not just 30 years olds with a nostalgia filter (I'm included in that group lol)

They don't just go after Nostalgic adults though. They go after EVERYONE! Kids, Teens & Adults alike can all pick up Mario, Pokemon or Splatoon and have fun with em! Nintendo puts fun first and that is by no means a bad thing.

I will agree it never hurts to expand the demographics you go after, but lets be honest, the COD crowd just likes to feel more "grown up" so even if Nintendo did make a "Hardcore" system there is no gurantee the dudebros would adopt to it since in their narrow eyes Nintendo is "for kids".

But yea to the techies/ small amount of people that do care about things like specs and are'nt just using that as an excuse to pointlessly hate on A company I can understand where you are coming from. If Nintendo came out with a consle as powerful as a high-end gaming PC that would be great! But it does'nt seem to be thier M.O. And honestly I am fine with that. The Switch looks like it will be a solid system. And the ability to finally have a product that you can use as a home consle and a handheld will most likely attract alot of consumers.

I do agree with Critics though that the Number, quality & diversity of launch and first year titles will be a big deciding factor on weather the Switch is a success or not.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLanternRanger View Post
    The NES Classic Mini is in stores, and unsuprisingly selling out in mear minutes both at retail & online. I managed to get one off of Gamestop's website but I don't know how much longer they will be up there. Amazon will start taking orders at 2PM Pacific/4PM Central time. Best of luck to everyone going after one!
    Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I plan on getting that mini when nintendo stops being stupid and make senough
    I got one yesterday , a buddy of mine sold me his. He didn't want it and I got it more for my niece to play,
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Madam-Shogun-Assassin View Post
    Nintendo isn't targeting nostalgia gamers, they're targeting families. They're the Disney of gaming. Looking at Nintendo and asking why they don't make hardcore titles for adults is like looking at Disney Feature Animation and asking why they don't make any R-rated animated films. I mean, sure, Disney used to have Touchstone Pictures and they currently have ABC, ESPN, Marvel and Lucasfilm. But Nintendo isn't really that big and sprawling of a company. They don't have the ability to expand into stuff like that.

Anyway, I'm actually kind of amazed at how well the NES Classic Edition is doing. Why? Because it's a pre-loaded plug-and-play console. I mean, we've all seen those around. You walk through the game section of the toy store and there they are. But very few people have ever taken them all that seriously. Why? Well, probably because there were some really ridiculous branded ones (Star Wars, Spider-Man, Scooby-Doo, etc) with silly reskins of classic games on them. Yet, there were some that had legit stuff like Atari titles or Namco arcade games on them. So, why is this such a big deal? Thinking about it, I figure it's two things. For one, there's the nostalgia factor. The fact that it looks like a tiny NES control deck with a real NES controller stirs up the old nostalgic feelings. And two, Nintendo seems to be taking this product oddly seriously. It's being sold in packaging that looks like something a real console would be sold in. It has a lot of third-party support. Heck, it even connects to the TV via HDMI rather than through an AV cable like other plug-and-play systems do. That makes it seem like a much more legit piece of machinery. Personally, I'm not sure I'm going to get one since I've already bought and re-bought many of these games before in different forms, but I'm definitely keeping my eye on this thing.