Page 14 of 35 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Got my NES Classic Edition via UPS today. Pretty solid plug n play system. My only complaint is my TV only has 2 HDMI outlets, so i'm going to have to get a splitter if I want to have my SNES, Wii-U & Blu-Ray player all at the same time.

Also Super Mario Run was officially announced for December 15th for Apple, but still no date for android devices.
    https://supermariorun.com
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

Some new Switch Rumors.

Zelda will not be a launch title, but Mario, Splatoon & Skyrim will.
    http://nintendoeverything.com/rumor-...latoon-skyrim/

Mario Kart Switch will be avalible within the first 3 months of the consles release. Will feature new tracks & characters

http://nintendoeverything.com/rumor-...-three-months/

The price of the consle could be anywhere from $250 to $350 dollars (depending on which source you look at)

Also Nintendo teamed up with Scrap for a live action Zelda Experience.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

Well, apparently the Famicom Mini is already hacked. It's a little pointless, since you can run an NES emulator on anything, but still interesting.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

A buddy of mine posted an article where pirates weren't happy as Nintendo brought down the ban hammer on those getting Pokemon Sun & Moon early. A number won't be able to use the Nintendo shop anymore due to this. It was pretty funny seeing the reaction from them.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLanternRanger View Post
    Some new Switch Rumors.

Zelda will not be a launch title, but Mario, Splatoon & Skyrim will.
    http://nintendoeverything.com/rumor-...latoon-skyrim/

Mario Kart Switch will be avalible within the first 3 months of the consles release. Will feature new tracks & characters

http://nintendoeverything.com/rumor-...-three-months/
    Yesss. Honestly, a new Mario is enough to sell me on it, but Mario Kart soon after release? I'm ready to preorder.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLanternRanger View Post

I will agree it never hurts to expand the demographics you go after, but lets be honest, the COD crowd just likes to feel more "grown up" so even if Nintendo did make a "Hardcore" system there is no gurantee the dudebros would adopt to it since in their narrow eyes Nintendo is "for kids".
    Yeah, most kids and teens these days(and even some people barely past their early 20s) tend to look down on just about any game that isn't rated M and doesn't have "ultra realistic" graphics with blood, gore, tons of profanity etc and will label them "kiddy". As well as judging the people that play them. They want to badly be perceived as adults or mature. The problem is, that most of them actually have no idea what that is yet. It's like the kids who start smoking and drinking when they're underage in order to look grown up and to fit in among their friends and do stupid crap thinking that getting high and wasted is adult. No...its not. It's not kiddy, but it sure as hell isn't mature.

It's pretty much the same thing with people that call Nintendo "kiddy". They have no idea what adult means yet, so if they watch a movie or play a game that has profanity or some blood, they think they have entered mature territory. I've reached the point where anytime I see someone use the term "kiddy" to describe something and in a negative and derogatory way, I don't take that person seriously.

People that grew up during the NES/SNES/N64 days are now in their mid to late 20s/30s and have long grew out of the whole teenage "I want to be an adult" phase and have learned that being an adult means doing what you enjoy instead of letting peer pressure decide for you. Though this kind of insecurity never really does go away for some people and stays with them for the rest of their lives.

Quote Originally Posted by KCJ506 View Post
    Yeah, most kids and teens these days(and even some people barely past their early 20s) tend to look down on just about any game that isn't rated M and doesn't have "ultra realistic" graphics with blood, gore, tons of profanity etc and will label them "kiddy". As well as judging the people that play them. They want to badly be perceived as adults or mature. The problem is, that most of them actually have no idea what that is yet. It's like the kids who start smoking and drinking when they're underage in order to look grown up and to fit in among their friends and do stupid crap thinking that getting high and wasted is adult. No...its not. It's not kiddy, but it sure as hell isn't mature.

It's pretty much the same thing with people that call Nintendo "kiddy". They have no idea what adult means yet, so if they watch a movie or play a game that has profanity or some blood, they think they have entered mature territory. I've reached the point where anytime I see someone use the term "kiddy" to describe something and in a negative and derogatory way, I don't take that person seriously.

People that grew up during the NES/SNES/N64 days are now in their mid to late 20s/30s and have long grew out of the whole teenage "I want to be an adult" phase and have learned that being an adult means doing what you enjoy instead of letting peer pressure decide for you. Though this kind of insecurity never really does go away for some people and stays with them for the rest of their lives.
    ^ Agree 1000%! I need this post turned into a poster and hung on the door of every Gamestop in the U.S.! XD

http://enthusiast.gg/7206/rumor-mari...ming-to-switch

Rumor: Mario & Raving Rabbids Crossover RPG Coming to Switch

http://enthusiast.gg/7203/eurogamer-...intendo-switch

Eurogamer: Third Version of Pokemon Sun and Moon Coming to Nintendo Switch

So went to the midnight release party at my Gamestop last night to get Sun & Moon. There were more people there then I thought there would be, I was expecting maybe 10-12 but there were like 35 people there waiting for the game!

Anywho I started with Moon, played last night till around 3.a.m till I was too tired to stay awake any longer and again from around 5-10 this evening. Overall I will say the game is alot better then X/Y so far, but not nearly as fun as ORAS, IMHO anywho. I am also sad I won't be able to transfer all my pokemon from ORAS to S/M till January. I was hoping to add Genesect, Lucario and Mewtwo to my game right off the bat. Oh well at least I got Ash's GreNinja and the special Munchlax since I got the game on release, and Magearna is coming December 5th, hopefully I have the main story beat by then.

Beat the main story in Moon. Here's my thoughts on the game overall.

+Great Story: The story is actually well done in this one. Probably the most actually RPG/JRPG feeling game in the series
    + Likable cast: The characters are actually interesting instead of annoying (accapt for your player avatar who has a creepy face that won't change expressions most of the time.)
    + Island Trials are alot more fun then grinding through gym battles.
    +: Easy enough to get through, but challanging enough to keep things interesting
    -Tutorial is waaay too long!: Understandable given the new rules/mechanics, but still aggrivating
    -Not enough Diversity of pokemon in tall grass: like with XY there isn't enough diversity in different locals. Way to many Ratitattas & Raticates!
    -Legendaries are nerfed: This bugs me in Pokemon games in general. Legendaries are supposed to have god like powers, but when you actually catch them they are not nearly as tough as they should be!

But yea, overall fun game, will probably try to tackle the post-game today.

http://realotakugamer.com/koji-igara...a-metroid-game

Koji Igarashi “Would Be Honored To Make A Metroid Game”

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    http://realotakugamer.com/koji-igara...a-metroid-game

Koji Igarashi “Would Be Honored To Make A Metroid Game”
    ...do it. DO IT!
    If the "vania" doesn't want him anymore, let the "metroid" have him.

I'm playing Sun (very little due to work and exams), in fact I have barely progressed, and yet I'm already sick of the cut scenes. I'm confident that the rest of the game will make up for the constant cut scenes, but still annoying...

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    ...do it. DO IT!
    If the "vania" doesn't want him anymore, let the "metroid" have him.
    Agreed 1000%! We need a new Metroid game for the Switch and he would be perfect!

Quote Originally Posted by Hayman View Post
    I'm playing Sun (very little due to work and exams), in fact I have barely progressed, and yet I'm already sick of the cut scenes. I'm confident that the rest of the game will make up for the constant cut scenes, but still annoying...
    Yea, its more story heavy then past games, but hey at least its an interesting story.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Jim Sterling takes aim at Nintendo's idea to create scarce and rarity with the Nintendo Classic. And how they have done this with Ambibo's. That as he claims his local Target as he was told got ...3 NES Classics. As he joked in this video the next shipment was take a guess.....50 ? NAH....30 ? NOPE....10 ? NO WAY. Try.....2 !

"The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.