Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 501
  1. #16
    Senior Member Step's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    796

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Endless_Legend View Post
    Other M was *excellent* in every way, except for story. The story and cutscenes were kinda rubbish. But the levels, the enemies, the movement and mechanics, the design, all of that was excellent. I absolutely loved every moment of it that was live gameplay and not Sakamoto's faltering attempts to turn Samus into some kind of... whatever.
    I disagree in regards to the gameplay, in a franchise that invented a genre based around exploration and back-tracking, having a game that was a linear corridor after linear corridor with no chance to backtracking is not my idea of fun, I thought the environments were nowhere near as captivating as they are in the previous games, especially compared to Super Metroid or Metroid Prime, I also found the combat incredibly simple and I just kinda went on auto-pilot after a while, I also found a lot of the designs to be completely unmemorable, only things I remember is spoilers:
    Baby/adolescent Ridley
    end of spoilers, and the Gravity Suit changing from Purple to some kind of of glow, neither of which I was a fan of.

    I will give it one thing though, Samus felt really nice to control, that's one thing I always liked more about the 2D games, Samus just always felt faster and more agile than in Metroid Prime, where she felt a bit more clunky, I mean, it worked well for the kind of game Retro wanted to make, but I always did kind of want a 3D Metroid that had the feel of the 2D games, and Metroid: Other M delivered on that front, but that is the only plus I will give it.
    Last edited by Step; 01-14-2016 at 05:40 PM.

  2. #17
    Fighting Injustice on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    WV ...in the Middle of Nowhere !
    Posts
    12,171

    Default

    So I been playing some awesome Super Mario Maker and been playing the courses people make as well as the "Event Courses" which people make. Anyhow folks , I was wanting to know how you played the older event courses. Because I like getting those cool figures at the end on the map. I have the last like 10-20 of them and would like to get from 1-100 at least.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.

  3. #18
    Postmania Champion Gryphon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,324

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    So I been playing some awesome Super Mario Maker and been playing the courses people make as well as the "Event Courses" which people make. Anyhow folks , I was wanting to know how you played the older event courses. Because I like getting those cool figures at the end on the map. I have the last like 10-20 of them and would like to get from 1-100 at least.
    Only certain event courses give costumes. You otherwise have to play the 100 Mario challenge. You can get 20 from the easy mode then have to go to the normal and hard

  4. #19
    Fighting Injustice on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    WV ...in the Middle of Nowhere !
    Posts
    12,171

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    Only certain event courses give costumes. You otherwise have to play the 100 Mario challenge. You can get 20 from the easy mode then have to go to the normal and hard
    Ok...I will do that tomorrow I guess. I played the 1 challenge and I guess its why it only let me go back so far.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.

  5. #20
    Postmania Champion Gryphon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,324

    Default

    http://nintendoeverything.com/rumor-...-launch-title/

    Rumor: Bandai Namco working on several NX games, Smash Bros. a launch title

  6. #21
    Fighting Injustice on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    WV ...in the Middle of Nowhere !
    Posts
    12,171

    Default

    One of the latest stories that has came out about the NX is ....it won't be more powerful than the PS4 or X-BOX One. Instead it will run close to those systems power wise which has had people do this reaction....





    Because the big complaint is Nintendo needs the NX to hit big since the WiiU has failed to do good sales wise. That the company will fall further behind Sony and Microsoft in the console wars.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.

  7. #22
    Postmania Champion Gryphon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,324

    Default

    That came from a survey that turned out not to have correct info

  8. #23

    Default

    So many NX rumours are floating around constantly, it's barely worth paying attention to in my opinion. We'll find out more at E3; until then we'll be plenty busy with Star Fox, Pokkén Tournament, Twilight Princess HD or any of the bazillion RPGs they're releasing for 3DS soon.

    Might pick up a new game soon though, I'm thinking Splatoon, Yoshi or Captain Toad - they all look so fun!

  9. #24
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    621

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    One of the latest stories that has came out about the NX is ....it won't be more powerful than the PS4 or X-BOX One. Instead it will run close to those systems power wise which has had people do this reaction....

    Because the big complaint is Nintendo needs the NX to hit big since the WiiU has failed to do good sales wise. That the company will fall further behind Sony and Microsoft in the console wars.
    "People" don't understand the market, then, if that's their reaction.

    Nintendo falling behind was never about the system's lack of power. Nintendo fans don't care about power. The Wii U fell behind because there were no games for it for the first two years.

    Nintendo made the mistake of believing the lies that the rest of the industry told them, that they needed third-party support. So Nintendo deliberately delayed releasing most of their first-party franchises for the first year that the Wii U was out, to give the third parties time to release theirs.

    Trouble was, then alot of third-parties back out and decided not to develop games for the Wii U at all. Which caused sales to crater (because hardware sales are driven by titles and content, not power) which then caused the remaining third-parties to pull out. Nintendo was left alone in the cold with nothing ready to ship. THEN they experienced problems and delays for their First-party games (which they were now trying to rush to market) which caused almost nothing to come out for the second year.

    What Nintendo should have done from the beginning, what they had always done successfully in the past, was go-it-alone. Screw third parties, and just dump a ton of cash into lots of great First-party titles.

    They're doing that now, and the Wii U is selling a lot more (although still not well, due to very poor/nonexistant marketing of the Wii U, and also because it's name sucks and confuses the casual buyers who can't tell it apart from the Wii)

    The system's power doesn't matter. The NX doesn't really even need to be any more powerful than the Wii U. What it needs is titles. Lots of first party titles.

  10. #25
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Texas, USA
    Posts
    781

    Default

    With the recent development of Puni-chan, and the different Zygarde forms, I'm curious how they will integrate this into future Pokémon games.

    Also, it's February and we haven't gotten any news on major announcements for the franchise. It's the 20th anniversary! Come on, Nintendo/Gamefreak!

  11. #26
    Postmania Champion Gryphon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,324

    Default

    There is a 41 minute Nintendo direct starting in 15 minutes

  12. #27
    Postmania Champion Gryphon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,324

    Default


  13. #28

    Default

    Thanks Gryphon! Some cool stuff in there. The new Paper Mario looks gorgeous, Tokyo Mirage Sessions Sharp FE looks absolutely ridiculously over the top (so naturally I'm interested) and honestly, Metroid Federation Force will probably end up okay. Not the kind of Metroid I'm interested in personally, but I doubt it will be bad.

    I'm not fully getting Star Fox Guard though, looks like that's either digital or a pack-in for a limited release with the main Star Fox Zero? Looks like a cool version of tower defense.

  14. #29
    Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Don't Know Anymore
    Posts
    3,117

    Default

    Personally I love my Wii U. Sad it didn't do better then it did, its a solid system in my book. Hopefully the NX will get off to a stronger start.

    Anywho, been playing a lot of Pokken Tournament lately and been enjoying it, also looking forward to the release of Hyrule Warriors Legends on the 3DS this Friday!
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

  15. #30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GreenLanternRanger View Post
    Anywho, been playing a lot of Pokken Tournament lately and been enjoying it, also looking forward to the release of Hyrule Warriors Legends on the 3DS this Friday!
    How would you think Pokkén would rate for someone who isn't huge on fighting games? I've played a fair share of Smash Bros, but could never really get much fun out of Mortal Kombat/Capcom vs SNK and stuff. Considering to try it again with Pokkén though because, well because Pokémon! Just not convinced yet I wanna spend 60 bucks on it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •