Page 28 of 35 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    Nintendo is apparently working on an achievements system

http://realotakugamer.com/nintendo-a...evement-system
    Finally. They'll probably go with the Stickers/Stamps style that a few nintendo games already do, but deep down I hope they call them Stars instead. Collecting Stars is just hardwired into the Nintendo parts of my brain.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Nintendo confirms that the NES Classic Mini will be available for purchase once more in Summer 2018, whilst also confirming the SNES Classic Mini will be available to buy for a much longer period.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/09...n-next-summer/

If they did a double pack of both consoles for £100 I'd consider it. Though the lack of Chrono Trigger would still bum me out. I could just wait to see if there's a N64 Classic Mini too, though I would expect Goldeneye would be off the board for similar reasons...

New Nintendo direct!

I got so excited when I saw a new Mario Party, but... I think it's just the mini-games? And for 3DS? Ugh, I was really hoping for a new entry for the Switch.

However, Project Octopath or whatever looks amazing. It's right up my alley.

As is the fat rabbit woman in the Mario Odyssey with the chain chomp. I love her already.

Main takeaway is how excited I am for DOOM on Switch. Partly since it's a good sign, along with Wolfenstein 2: So Much For The Tolerant Left, that the big publishers are starting to give the Switch a fair shake rather than side-eyeing it as a vague novelty like they did with the WiiU, but moreso because DOOM effin' rules and I'll happily accept a bit of a graphics downgrade in exchange for, essentially, a portable version.

Also:

shirtlessmario.jpg

I'M, TOO SEXY FOR MY SHIRT
    TOO SEXY FOR MY SHIRT
    SO SEXY IT HURRRRRTS
    The X-Books Board is wretched and does not deserve the Domino Appreciation Thread.

Extraordinary Member

Doom and Id Tech 6 run on Switch. (Nearly) All arguments about it being underpowered to run AAA third party games are invalid. It'll be downgraded, but it's Doom on the same engine. There is no excuse not to bring COD over now.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Doom and Id Tech 6 run on Switch. (Nearly) All arguments about it being underpowered to run AAA third party games are invalid. It'll be downgraded, but it's Doom on the same engine. There is no excuse not to bring COD over now.
    Not only that. The reason the graphical fidelity is being lessened is to ensure a smooth 60fps experience

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    Not only that. The reason the graphical fidelity is being lessened is to ensure a smooth 60fps experience
    There will be no 60 fps experience, only 30 fps. Low resolution, low details and low framerate.

Extraordinary Member

Did anyone hear about the Satoru Iwata Golf Tribute?

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Well today ladies and gentlemen ....I have acquired the sacred ....SNES Classic.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

And Nintendo has destroyed free Nintendo Switch advertising all in one fall swoop of being a stupid company. They announced no one can stream Nintendo games on the Nintendo Creators Program. Yes...its that damn dumb.

https://kotaku.com/nintendo-creators...ium=Socialflow

Its like the company takes a couple positive steps forward and then shoots themselves right straight in the balls with dumb decisions.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

BANNED

Well, if they say you can't I'm sure people will just not do it then. Seems weird, only seems to be about live streaming on YouTube, which isn't even the big video game streaming site. How are they going to stop the streaming anyways?