Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WebCrawlComics View Post
    Nintendo has a lot to live up to this time, and I think many fans are very perturbed the way the last year or so has went. I hope things get better for them and the company!
    I thought 2015 was a solid year, I mean we got Splatoon, Super Mario Maker & Yoshi's Woolly World for WiiU. 3DS gave us a port of Majora's Mask and Xenoblade Chronicles 3D. and heck the year before that we got Hyrule Warriors, Mario Kart 8 and Super Smash Bros for Wii U & 3DS.

And this year so far we've gotten Pokken Tournament and Starfox Zero/Guard on the Wii-U, and we have 2 new Fire Emblem games on 3DS, a port of Hyrule Warriors, as well as Kirby Planet Robobot coming out this summer. and 2 new Pokémon Games coming out this Holiday season.

So yea I really don't get why people seem to rag on Nintendo, we still get fun games, and personally i'm more of a quality over quantity person when it comes to electronics.

Then again though despite playing video games since the SNES era i'm not really a gamer, just someone who plays video games to have fun and destress and what not, so I fully admit I have no idea what modern gamers want. Personally as long as I have games I can have fun with i'm happy.

But yea, I do hope the NX can help Nintendo jump back up to #1.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    Koei Tecmo has confirmed they are working on NX games

http://realotakugamer.com/koei-tecmo...g-games-for-nx
    There was a game on DS where an evil nutty professor unleashed robot monster things on a village and you were a good nutty professor who unleashed your own Frankenstein robot to defeat them. The game-play was basically trading blows, destroying limbs, gathering new parts and merging them onto your creation to buff it up enough to fight the tougher machines on your way up to the evil nutty dude's castle.
    Unfortunately, I can't for the life of me remember what it was called and I'm not finding any clues online.

That said, I can't imagine why Nintendo would want to remake a Famicon game that nobody in the west has heard of, especially when Sega should instead remake Virtual On, which actually was popular.

But I just want a Guardian Heroes remake/reboot... or a Code of Princess with much longer levels.

Oh, okay, a Guardian Heroes remake.

Quote Originally Posted by WebCrawlComics View Post
    Nintendo has a lot to live up to this time, and I think many fans are very perturbed the way the last year or so has went. I hope things get better for them and the company!
    I really do too-after such a rotter, just my opinion, of a year like 2015 when it really didn't even feel like I owned a WiiU I have just become so disillusioned with Nintendo and no longer feel like it's a gamer friendly or safe to follow company for me.

Nintendo need to get back to delivering fresh experience on tech' relevant machines and giving many good 1st and 3rd party games per year....when that happens I'm the first guy in store to get my NX...

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    Is that including PS+?
    Nope that doesn't include hardware sales or games. Its basically what PSN earns from subscriptions and all. That is what made everyone do a whoa. I think with everything else it climbs into the billion of yen for Sony.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Rumor: Retro Studios' NX game might be a new IP

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1212933

Quote Originally Posted by gobSIDES View Post
    I really do too-after such a rotter, just my opinion, of a year like 2015 when it really didn't even feel like I owned a WiiU I have just become so disillusioned with Nintendo and no longer feel like it's a gamer friendly or safe to follow company for me.

Nintendo need to get back to delivering fresh experience on tech' relevant machines and giving many good 1st and 3rd party games per year....when that happens I'm the first guy in store to get my NX...

I gotta ask, how is a company that focuses on video games not gamer friendly? I mean sure the Wii-U gamepad was different then a traditional controller, but it's not by any means unusable.

Again maybe it's just me cause I'm not really a gamer myself and have no idea what "real gamers" want, aside from the yearly installment of the same generic FPS or Sports games. But yea, Nintendo has had solid games on the WiiU and 3DS.

As for other things. I don't really get the whole technical side of gaming. People talk about the specs, graphics etc. That's fine and all, but really it seems people focus more on the Video side of video games then the game side. Again maybe it's just me, but I don't need a high def nteractive movie, I just want a game to be well as game.

But hey that's just me.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

Starter Pokémon for Sun & Moon Revealed!

The Ice Climbers Costume for Super Mario Maker is now available.

Pokken Tournament has outsold Street Fighter V!

http://comicbook.com/2016/05/16/pokk...hter-v-on-ps4/

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLanternRanger View Post
    Pokken Tournament has outsold Street Fighter V!

http://comicbook.com/2016/05/16/pokk...hter-v-on-ps4/
    With the caveat that it outsold it at Retail in NA and Japan. Digitally SF V outsold Pokken

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLanternRanger View Post
    Again maybe it's just me cause I'm not really a gamer myself and have no idea what "real gamers" want
    (Disjointed rant coming on...)

They want to be able to sit in a darkened room with a headset on, talking to strangers as they move their little soldier around on screen.

They want to be able to upload videos of themselves playing the kind of games that can attract 100,000 viewers... none of whom seem to mind the fact that the nerds playing are incredibly annoying and if that son of a bitch screams once more, I swear I'm going to put a block on YouTube!

But, where Nintendo has really lost money is to the tablet/phone platform, which, sadly, they most likely tried to win back via their over-expensive WiiU controllers, failing to realise that most people who may have bought the WiiU were turned off by this and that most modern casual gamers will settle for crap games on their mobile phones because they're:
    A) free
    B) have millions of real-life opponents to take on at any time (I never managed to get a fight on DOA Dimensions or Street Fighter on our 2DS even once!)
    C) all in spiffy HD

Personally, I'd rather just buy a game than have a game that's free but puts me at a constant disadvantage when competing against players who regularly pump cash into the said game to get ahead. Actually, it's all the "micro-payments" that casual gamers don't seem to mind making... and believe me, they can add up! But what's the real sh*t is when you pay €45 for a game and then the developers say, "Hey, if you pay more, you can get all this great downloadable content, like extra maps/quests/weapons/etc."
    That really winds me up because the developers should be putting that crap out there for free, as an incentive for those who haven't yet bought the game to do so, and as a loyalty gift for the fans who already have, and unfortunately, I'm seeing this more and more often on Nintendo releases.

For casual gamers like myself, Nintendo need to think about how to keep/get them back...

Nintendo needs to get more free content out there of a high quality, so that immediately, gamers can download cool titles. Nintendo can consider it as a Thank You for buying their handheld/console, but really, they need to compete with tablets as well as PSs and X-boxes, and if a casual gamer buys the console, gets to play a handful of really good games for free (maybe with the option of "micro-payments" but by no means a requirement), the company will already be ahead in sales. Given that a lot of casual gamers who don't necessarily want to fork out €45 per title will then look for more games on the machine, Nintendo then need to have a steady line of mid-price games, all of a high quality (by "free" games, you can look at Pokemon Shuffle for a example: excellent, addictive and perfectly playable without having to buy gems).

When taking on the PSs and X-boxes, Nintendo need some 3rd party content - on the WiiU there seemed to be pretty much none.
    People see Uncharted advertised on TV and they might not want to buy it, but they at least want to know that they can get it on their console if they choose to.
    Family/children-friendly games are fun, but adults sometimes want something a little darker. Nintendo needs to create their OWN sh*t like Assassin's Creed/Call of Duty; NOT to rip these games off, but so that they can have appeal to wider audiences and have the exclusive on these titles.

Most importantly though, Nintendo needs a much, much, much bigger catalogue for the NX than the WiiU.
    Casual gamers like to part-exchange titles, pick them up used (cheap) and simply have a lot of options. If I go into a game shop now and look at the Nintendo section which contains the DS, 3DS, Wii and WiiU, it's smaller than the PS3 section.
    Psychologically that says to me, "Don't buy Nintendo, they're an ailing company and their console/handheld could be made redundant at any time."

All-in-all, not easy times ahead for Nintendo, but focus on a proper game controller that the average gamer is used to(!!!!), get a WiiFit equivalent for the NX's release (the Wii Balance Board being compatible would be great for consumers) and seriously consider the above and the NX may stand a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    With the caveat that it outsold it at Retail in NA and Japan. Digitally SF V outsold Pokken
    Though I'm pretty sure Pokken has an arcade presence, where SFV doesn't. There are a lot more numbers here than just copies sold when figuring up the profits.

Heres an interesting story about a guy who used Mario Maker to prupose to his girlfriend.

http://comicbook.com/2016/05/27/man-...to-girlfriend/

Nintendo is a manifestation of God's light upon the world.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    Nintendo is a manifestation of God's light upon the world.

Hallelujah! Preach it brother!