Page 7 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

http://nintendoenthusiast.com/articl...medium=twitter
    In a recent earnings call, Gamestop did something that we rarely see the company do: Stick up for Nintendo. After calling the Wii U console "disappointing" as recently as earlier this month, it seems like Gamestop has gained a bit of confidence in the NX. The company said that the console could bring in $7.5 billion in just two years on the market, which is about half the revenue the original Wii brought in. Mike Hogan, the Executive Vice President of Business Strategy, was even more bullish on the console. In a statement, Hogan said that "The Nintendo NX is gonna be huge!" That sounds like nothing short of an endorsement.

Gamestop definitely knows something that we do not know. After all, retailers are often some of the first to know about new products - before even media insiders find out, and long before a public announcement is made. The true question is: What does Gamestop know that allows the company to be so confident in Nintendo's next console?

Perhaps Gamestop knows the specs and price of the NX. In that case, maybe the console is powerful - at least on the level of the PSNeo and Xbox 1.5 - and affordable for consumers to pick up. Of course it would make sense in this case that revenue would probably be rather high for the console.

Another possibility, likely the most probable, is that Gamestop knows the launch titles for the NX. If Gamestop knows that the console is getting a spectacular first launch year, and believes that software can truly move hardware, then a bullish claim on the NX would also make sense. Imagine that the NX gets Mario, Zelda, a Retro Studios title, Pikmin, and Animal Crossing within its first year - that must be a recipe for success.

It is also quite possible that Gamestop has seen some of the marketing materials planned for the NX and knows what the console's main feature or "gimmick" is. If Gamestop believes in the main feature of the NX, thinking that the console will catch on, then that could also explain the company's confidence in the console.

No matter what the reason is, there is obviously something that Gamestop knows that we all do not. Fortunately, the company is rather optimistic about the prospects of Nintendo's next console - so by all indication, we should be at least cautiously optimistic as well!

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

The Trailer for the new Zelda is out!

Now that is gorgeous! Look forward to playing it next year!
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

I admit, I almost squealed like a little girl. That game is everything I've ever wanted in a modern Zelda game. Skryim type land, cell shaded graphics, and it sounds like voice acting is finally coming to the franchise.
    Life is but a dream

Astonishing Member

The new Zelda looks good, but honestly I'm wondering what the gimmick is. There's been a gimmick ever since Ocarina of Time. Time changing ocarinas, transforming masks, conducting the wind, turning into a wolf, turning into a painting, etc.

"Breath of the Wild", huh? I want to say it's a flute that turns you into animals, but I may be thinking a little too literally.

New Amiibo have been announced for the upcoming Zelda Game as well as an expansion on the existing Mario Bros. Series.

Also a new Mario Party game for 3DS titled Mario Party: Star Rush has been announced
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/06/...ounced-for-3ds
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

Ugh, Mario Party: Star Rush is worrisome. The main mode is nothing like traditional Mario Party -- each player plays as a Toad walking around the map (in any direction) trying to recruit Ally Characters (Mario, Luigi, Peach, etc.), get gold, and beat bosses. If this is their main mode, I'm hesitant to get too invested in the game, and I say this as a longtime, loyal MP player. Amiibo Party will probably be back, too, which hopefully is more traditional but not as bland as the Wii U version.

Ever Oasis looks like it could be a fun game.

Also, I feel kind of bad for Paper Mario: Color Splash. People are being pretty negative towards it, but it looks like a fun game IMO. I mean I know not everyone liked Sticker Star, but that's no reason to hate on a game before its out.

As for Star Rush, it is kind of meh that everyone has to play as a toad, but I think it still looks interesting enough to be a solid game in the end.

Also just anyone else planning on downloading Rhythm Heaven Mega Mix off the 3DS eshop!?

I'm not a fan of rhythm/music type games - I find them way too gimmicky and the appeal wears off quickly (though, Just Dance is an exception and I still play Samba De Amigo every now and then).

It's a pity that the story of RPGs often sucks, because if it's good, that's where I'll invest the majority of my time.
    Of course, I'll play action games too, but they're more pick up, put down than something I'll have my teeth sunk into for days (or weeks) on end.

Another thing for me that doesn't seem to work on handhelds are fighting games; on a console there's the option to fight your mates and that's often where the real appeal - or at least, longevity - of the genre is. Some may argue that there's the online fight option for handhelds, but not only is there never anyone online at that precise moment I opt to go that route, but I can't imagine the fun in taking on some faceless individual on the other side of the world.

That said then, if I'm to buy a Nintendo NX, I'll want a damn good RPG and something for kids... and considering how many YEARS of entertainment they got out of Kirby and New Super Mario on Wii, with both the single and excellent 2-4-player option, I'd need something like that.

Is that new Zelda lined up for NX or WiiU? There's only the Nintendo logo at the end of the ad', so I'm guessing it's for both.

Quote Originally Posted by VivaChiba View Post
    I'm not a fan of rhythm/music type games - I find them way too gimmicky and the appeal wears off quickly (though, Just Dance is an exception and I still play Samba De Amigo every now and then).

It's a pity that the story of RPGs often sucks, because if it's good, that's where I'll invest the majority of my time.
    Of course, I'll play action games too, but they're more pick up, put down than something I'll have my teeth sunk into for days (or weeks) on end.

Another thing for me that doesn't seem to work on handhelds are fighting games; on a console there's the option to fight your mates and that's often where the real appeal - or at least, longevity - of the genre is. Some may argue that there's the online fight option for handhelds, but not only is there never anyone online at that precise moment I opt to go that route, but I can't imagine the fun in taking on some faceless individual on the other side of the world.

That said then, if I'm to buy a Nintendo NX, I'll want a damn good RPG and something for kids... and considering how many YEARS of entertainment they got out of Kirby and New Super Mario on Wii, with both the single and excellent 2-4-player option, I'd need something like that.

Is that new Zelda lined up for NX or WiiU? There's only the Nintendo logo at the end of the ad', so I'm guessing it's for both.
    The new Zelda is coming to both and will have the same content on both but look better on NX

Spectacular Member

Nintendo's struggles are definitely overblown, but I hope the NX recaptures the adult market. To be honest, they could benefit from better second-party contracts, something akin to what they had with Rare in the 90s.

Quote Originally Posted by sneakyflute View Post
    Nintendo's struggles are definitely overblown, but I hope the NX recaptures the adult market. To be honest, they could benefit from better second-party contracts, something akin to what they had with Rare in the 90s.
    Agreed. Nintendo may not be making as much money as they did back in the 90's but they are still making money and are still a pretty darn rich company. I do agree with you though on the NX, hopefully it can recapture some of the adult market while still growing its kid and family market as well.

I for one love Nintendo because they realize a video game should be a actual game instead of an over glorified interactive movie.

Two big things from Nintendo today.

First they announced the NES Mini

http://realotakugamer.com/nintendo-c...-november-11th

A plug in and play mini nes with 30 games installed

and 2. Turbo Grafx 16 Games are now on the Wii U Virtual Console

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    Two big things from Nintendo today.

First they announced the NES Mini

http://realotakugamer.com/nintendo-c...-november-11th

A plug in and play mini nes with 30 games installed

and 2. Turbo Grafx 16 Games are now on the Wii U Virtual Console
    The mini is going to be huge, sadly I won't get it as I already have two-thirds of those games, hopefully we'll get a sequel

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...le-controllers

NX is a portable console that hooks up to a tv according to eurogamer