Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...le-controllers

NX is a portable console that hooks up to a tv according to eurogamer
    So its like Neo Geo X ?:P

BANNED

It sounds like it's exactly what everyone thought it would be back when news of the console and handheld merger came out.

Two big things from Nintendo today.

First they announced the NES Mini

http://realotakugamer.com/nintendo-c...-november-11th

A plug in and play mini nes with 30 games installed

and 2. Turbo Grafx 16 Games are now on the Wii U Virtual Console
    The mini NES is a great idea. Many gamers, both old and new, will be able to play some of the essential NES games without having to spend probably hundreds of dollars buying both the actual NES console and the cartridges on eBay.
    Not to mention that the mini NES has an obvious huge advantage that the original console doesn't have, you won't have to clean it, dust it off, or adjust (Even replace) its 72 pin connector in order for the console to work, only to see that each cartridge that you own is glitching up like there's no tomorrow and can't play any of them properly.
    I recently dusted off my NES and began playing it again, and even though it works fine now, getting it to play again was extremely frustrating, it literally took me days for that to happen. Not hours, DAYS.
    As much as I love my actual NES, and even though I already own a lot of the 30 games the mini NES will contain, it gets very tiring having to take days for it to play again, as well as having to spend a lot of money to buy any cartridge that you can't find cheap on a flea market or yard sale. The mini NES, thus, is quite convenient.
    Bottom line, I'm really considering buying it, at least it still has games that I don't have and that I want to have.
    My only complaint is that it contains both Castlevania 1 and 2, yet not 3. Why not 3?? That's like the best of the NES trilogy!
    Last edited by ErikMagnus; 08-12-2016 at 03:59 PM.

Makes sense to me. I mean, I won't believe it till I see an actual announcement complete with a video, but since their handhelds are doing gangbusters compared to the console, why not merge them?
    Life is but a dream

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Apparently there were legal issues that prevented Nintendo from ignoring it
    As Pat and Ian tried taking up for Nintendo "Its about protecting their IP..." Well lets be honest , Nintendo could protect their IP by all means. But a 20+ year old magazine is no risk to you. I wouldn't be shocked if someone at Nintendo is like , we can charge people to read the magazine articles online ! YEAAAH....
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

For those interested Wal-Mart has rolled back prices on some Nintendo games. And I don't just mean the stuff Nintendo re-released for $19.99 themselves. Currently Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival & Happy Home Designer are down to $19.99 and the Sonic Boom games are down to 15 & 20 dollars and Mighty No. 9 is down to 19.99 and Chibi-Robo Zip Lash is down to 25 bucks.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

Here is a fan concept from twitter https://twitter.com/_PePez_/status/777169066414993408

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLanternRanger View Post
    For those interested Wal-Mart has rolled back prices on some Nintendo games. And I don't just mean the stuff Nintendo re-released for $19.99 themselves. Currently Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival & Happy Home Designer are down to $19.99 and the Sonic Boom games are down to 15 & 20 dollars and Mighty No. 9 is down to 19.99 and Chibi-Robo Zip Lash is down to 25 bucks.
    They made more than one Sonic Boom game?

Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    They made more than one Sonic Boom game?
    There's one for WiiU and one for 3DS & the Second 3DS Boom game comes out on September 27th.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

A few days ago I was in Gamestop looking at games. An older lady came in and it surprised me ...she wanted a Nintendo NX. She had to be in her 50's and it seems she had been a big Nintendo fan for a long time. Possibly since the 80's. Anyhow she wanted to reserve the system since she heard its coming in the spring. Well as the one dude I know who works there told her , there is no reserves. That she can write her name n number down on the list of others and as soon as they get the system , he gives her the call.

She did this and left minutes later. As the one guy told me , Nintendo won't even reveal when the system is coming. That they will announce it and send them units. Also it won't be a lot. Nintendo won't be shipping a lot of the NX because they are kinda wounded by what happened with the WiiU.

But this is pretty wild , a company won't tell Gamestop when they plan to ship a system and won't take preorders. Its a 1st come , 1st serve deal.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

My guess is Pre-orders for the NX won't start till January.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLanternRanger View Post
    My guess is Pre-orders for the NX won't start till January.
    From what I was told , Nintendo doesn't plan on preorders. They also aren't gonna be producing a lot of NX's. Due to what happened with WiiU.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    From what I was told , Nintendo doesn't plan on preorders. They also aren't gonna be producing a lot of NX's. Due to what happened with WiiU.
    Reports are different than that. 10 million are beign produced according to leaks.

There is a lot of false info out there so don't trust anything

Reports are different than that. 10 million are beign produced according to leaks.

There is a lot of false info out there so don't trust anything
    Well right now they are 6 months away from this proposed spring launch and they aren't taking preorders at the biggest retailer out there. Its kinda leading into possibly what the guy said , they will release the system to places and do a 1st come , 1st serve situation.

Or....

Nintendo is realizing , we may need a Christmas 2017 launch. Which is why they haven't released any info of the console or anything. That they know Black Friday sales in 2017 will drive the console more than a spring launch. Plus they can spend months hyping it at E3 and more.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Well right now they are 6 months away from this proposed spring launch and they aren't taking preorders at the biggest retailer out there. Its kinda leading into possibly what the guy said , they will release the system to places and do a 1st come , 1st serve situation.

Or....

Nintendo is realizing , we may need a Christmas 2017 launch. Which is why they haven't released any info of the console or anything. That they know Black Friday sales in 2017 will drive the console more than a spring launch. Plus they can spend months hyping it at E3 and more.
    Rumors are that the reveal will be done in a Nintendo direct, and several sites have said it would be this Friday