Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default 1st look Original Sin: Thor/Loki the Tenth realm Angela's wrath.

http://www.newsarama.com/21323-1st-l...ir-sister.html

I really hope Angela beat's the tar out of the All mothers and Odin.

Lord Hotelier

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    I really hope Angela beat's the tar out of the All mothers and Odin.
    Why? I don't understand how anyone can have strong feelings about that character considering how she's been meaninglessly shoe-horned into the universe.

Still not sold on Angela being a sister to Loki and Thor but will give it a shot due to Al Ewing. His work on Loki and Mighty Avengers has won me over.

I'm thinking fight will happen between Angela and Thor since Odin has been AWOL.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Since I have not been following GOTG, This will be the 1st really interesting story to read concerning Angela and now what seems to be her new Place in the MU 616, so indeed I am interesting in how they are going to place her and her story as Thor's Sister Indeed! ;-)
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

If anyone can do this wackiness justice it's Al Ewing, the mans done an amazing job so far and this could be good. I've been reading Guardians of the galaxy so I know what she should be like a little(although she's only ever been written by Bendis so far in Marvel). I also hope someone explains whys she's not with Guardians at this point, since she has just been gone with no explanation the last two issues.

I can't wait to read this story.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Mighty Member

Since she's a redhead, its almost inevitable that Stark makes a move on her at some point right?

Quote Originally Posted by davew128 View Post
    Since she's a redhead, its almost inevitable that Stark makes a move on her at some point right?
    Actually it was Rocket Raccoon who tried to hit on her, Stark was more worried about where she came from and making who's the boss tv show references. Although, and I mean this sincerely, I think there might be a hint of a relationship between her and Gamora(or perhaps that was a joke).
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Actually it was Rocket Raccoon who tried to hit on her, Stark was more worried about where she came from and making who's the boss tv show references. Although, and I mean this sincerely, I think there might be a hint of a relationship between her and Gamora(or perhaps that was a joke).
    There was that marriage proposal

Uh-- so is she being set up as a villain? A neutral? What's the deal? What is the 10th Realm, exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by Knight Auditor View Post
    Why? I don't understand how anyone can have strong feelings about that character considering how she's been meaninglessly shoe-horned into the universe.
    Because many of us have loved her for years now, long before she 'debuted' in the Marvel Universe?

It's not such a hard thing to understand that we expect good things of her, no?
    Freedom is the ability to live without fear of persecution.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Uh-- so is she being set up as a villain? A neutral? What's the deal? What is the 10th Realm, exactly?
    I don't see her being set up as a villian. If anything confused about her origins, much like us readers, but will get the details via this story.

And regarding what is the 10th realm, we'll find out in the story as well. Essentially it's something Odin hid though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    Still not sold on Angela being a sister to Loki and Thor but will give it a shot due to Al Ewing. His work on Loki and Mighty Avengers has won me over.

I'm thinking fight will happen between Angela and Thor since Odin has been AWOL.
    Ewing is a gifted man, that's for sure! His Black Widow story for Age of Ultron last year was my favorite single issue all year (until the first issue of Superman/Wonder Woman, by Soule dropped in the fall). He's absolutely delivering, every month, on Mighty Avengers too!

So, while I'm none too happy with what they're doing to her in the Marvel Universe, I'm hesitantly hopeful about this story. I have faith in Ewing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Knight Auditor View Post
    Oh its just a troll just ignore them and they will fade from existence.

As to Angela, yeah I'm not digging the whole Angela from the Spawn comics suddenly becoming a retcon character into Thor's family its as forced as Thor knowing in secret Balder was his brother without telling him when they were kids. And while I'm one of those fans that is a fan with the alterations of Thor's mythos Marvel deviating from the norse mythology I find Angela would have been suited off being better suited in the horror section of Marvel as an outcast Arch Angel. But oh well I haven't been reading Marvel in a while so this doesn't affect me. Hope the execution is done better. Besides if she's terrible she can always be killed off like Victoria Hand.

Quote Originally Posted by klinton View Post
    Ewing is a gifted man, that's for sure! His Black Widow story for Age of Ultron last year was my favorite single issue all year (until the first issue of Superman/Wonder Woman, by Soule dropped in the fall). He's absolutely delivering, every month, on Mighty Avengers too!

So, while I'm none too happy with what they're doing to her in the Marvel Universe, I'm hesitantly hopeful about this story. I have faith in Ewing.
    Ewing has done a lot of good stuff. Marvel needs to lock him up and give him more work if he's available.

You should check out Loki if you haven't already.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    Ewing has done a lot of good stuff. Marvel needs to lock him up and give him more work if he's available.

You should check out Loki if you haven't already.
    I'm reading Loki, but I'm really not keen on this new take on him. The issues are entertaining, but there's a massive disconnect for me. It's like I'm reading about someone else.

I do love that he strives to strike a ballance between 'classic' Loki and this new incarnation. Ewing is a champ!