Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by klinton View Post
    I'm reading Loki, but I'm really not keen on this new take on him. The issues are entertaining, but there's a massive disconnect for me. It's like I'm reading about someone else.

I do love that he strives to strike a ballance between 'classic' Loki and this new incarnation. Ewing is a champ!
    I think some of the disconnect is due to the story behind the story take he is striving for plus he had that task of following up with Gillen's work on Loki. Not an easy job but he is doing his homework.

Helps these issues will have regular artists as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    I think some of the disconnect is due to the story behind the story take he is striving for plus he had that task of following up with Gillen's work on Loki. Not an easy job but he is doing his homework.

Helps these issues will have regular artists as well.
    Aye, but Gillen's Loki was a shoddy follow up to decades worth of Loki stories that came before. Yeah, I said it: I'm not a fan of Kid Loki. Hahaha.

It's all cool though. I know there are plenty of people who love this stuff, so I'm more than happy to let them enjoy it. My sun doesn't rise and set with Loki's degrees of evil, hahaha.
    Freedom is the ability to live without fear of persecution.

Quote Originally Posted by klinton View Post
    Aye, but Gillen's Loki was a shoddy follow up to decades worth of Loki stories that came before. Yeah, I said it: I'm not a fan of Kid Loki. Hahaha.

It's all cool though. I know there are plenty of people who love this stuff, so I'm more than happy to let them enjoy it. My sun doesn't rise and set with Loki's degrees of evil, hahaha.
    Not a fan of Kid Loki?

I'll let it slide. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    Not a fan of Kid Loki?

I'll let it slide. Lol
    I have to disclose that I've not read most of his work with Kid Loki. The premise itself didn't appeal to me (it still doesn't, to be honest). I understand that it was exceptionally well crafted though?

My only real exposure was in Young Avengers, where he took up far too much page time while characters like Kate and Tommy (whom I was reading for in the first place) did virtually nothing. Endless commentary about breakfast meats hogging up panels didn't endear me to the character.

Perhaps if/when Angela starts hanging around the pages of Loki, I'll love it all the more? She can fully elevate it from merely a 'fun' read to a favorite read!
    Freedom is the ability to live without fear of persecution.

It was really well done. Reading it all Gillen did such a good job. Well that is just my opinion but I thought it far outshined Thor plus during the Fear Itself tie in was also good as well.

Regarding Young Avengers, I think that's a fair thing to point out. He very much was Gillen's pet character and it showed. Regarding Kate, I think her page time was sufficient for her own personal arc. Tommy did get a bit shafted and I wanted Noh Var to have a bigger role. Oh well.

Hmm, next batch of solicits should hopefully reveal where Angela will end up after this event.

The retcons Gillen made to Loki and Hela's history made sense and didn't destroy the character's history. It enriched it. This and Iron Man being adopted after the Stark's biological son was disabled after being fixed by aliens and robots however, does not. Most of Marvel's mythology adaptions loosely fit the legends. But having a Tenth Realm is going to be a stretch.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    But having a Tenth Realm is going to be a stretch.
    Seems kind of unnecessary, too.

I mean, are they actually *using* the various Nine Worlds anyway? Have we had stories set in Nidavallir, or Alfheim, or involving characters from those places? Do we visit Jotunheim or Nifleheim or Hel or Svartalfheim regularly? Do we even know if Vanaheim, Trollheim, Nornheim, Valhalla and the Einherjar even still exist any more? We see random 'gods' running around, but little mention of the legions of dead Einherjar that are also supposed to live amongst the Asgardians, fighting and dying and being reborn every day to hone their battle skills, and *vastly* outnumbering the actual Aesir and Vanir, and making up the majority population of the city.

Seems silly to add another Realm to the mix, when they can't be bothered to use the ones they already have.

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    The retcons Gillen made to Loki and Hela's history made sense and didn't destroy the character's history. It enriched it. This and Iron Man being adopted after the Stark's biological son was disabled after being fixed by aliens and robots however, does not. Most of Marvel's mythology adaptions loosely fit the legends. But having a Tenth Realm is going to be a stretch.
    Actually I didn't like Gillen's retcons made to Loki and Hela's history mostly because in older comics they did know for sure they were father and daughter. And I kind have become a Norse history buff where I really want Marvel at times to stay to some things close to the original myths. And also it just in my opinion made Leah/Kid Loki creepier to me once you think about it deeper.

Lord Hotelier

Quote Originally Posted by stingnewell View Post
    Oh its just a troll just ignore them and they will fade from existence.

As to Angela, yeah I'm not digging the whole Angela from the Spawn comics suddenly becoming a retcon character into Thor's family its as forced as Thor knowing in secret Balder was his brother without telling him when they were kids. And while I'm one of those fans that is a fan with the alterations of Thor's mythos Marvel deviating from the norse mythology I find Angela would have been suited off being better suited in the horror section of Marvel as an outcast Arch Angel. But oh well I haven't been reading Marvel in a while so this doesn't affect me. Hope the execution is done better. Besides if she's terrible she can always be killed off like Victoria Hand.
    It was a serious question asked of the OP, coming from pretty much the exact same point of skepticism as the very one you express. So, um, what's your problem?