Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Gaara vs. Kenpachi

Inspired by and off hand comment in the Garan vs. Kenpachi thread, the fifth Kazekage takes on the captain of squad 11

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Inspired by and off hand comment in the Garan vs. Kenpachi thread, the fifth Kazekage takes on the captain of squad 11
    Gaara can probably beat Kenny before he learns the name of his zanpakuto.

Afterwards... Well, I don't think that Gaara's feats stack well against firepower of that magnitude.

Ehhhhh, given Kenny was still casually bisecting skyscrappers with a casual swing I have doubts that Gaara wouldn't be simply obliterated at the starting bell before he had time to do anything effective.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Bloodlust generally means Kenny will start off with two hands, eyepatch off so... yeah.

That's bad.

Plus his Shikai makes him even more ridiculously powerful. I'm not liking Gaara's odds here.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Bloodlust generally means Kenny will start off with two hands, eyepatch off so... yeah.
    In a series that generally has me pretty meh, Kenpachi is still a bright spot.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Extraordinary Member

People have to stop overselling the building cutting feat, it's impressive but Gaara's shields have blocked that kind of power.

Not saying that Gaara wins, Kenpachi's shikai is way too much for him. Especially in the arena. It's just that in the grand scheme of things there's are better feats for Kenpachi.

Gaara would have a better chance in the desert where he can pull off his really big moves.
    Last edited by Dark Soul # 7; 11-12-2015 at 01:07 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Would Gaara's speed make a difference, or can Kenpachi power through/Tank whatever Gaara dishes?

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Would Gaara's speed make a difference, or can Kenpachi power through/Tank whatever Gaara dishes?
    Speed is kinda hard to do for these guys. Best to assume they are in the same bracket.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    Speed is kinda hard to do for these guys. Best to assume they are in the same bracket.
    I had no idea you were a sorcerer, Cody. That's some pretty impressive necromancy you've pulled off here. ^_^
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

I'm just imagining Kenpachi flipping out and trying to hit Gaara while his eyes are full of sand.

"Goddamit, why did I only pack one eyepatch!"

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    I had no idea you were a sorcerer, Cody. That's some pretty impressive necromancy you've pulled off here. ^_^
    The heck... For some reason this ancient thread was on the first page as if it were new o_O
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    The heck... For some reason this ancient thread was on the first page as if it were new o_O
    There was a bot that bumped it. I reported it this morning and it got deleted shortly after you posted.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    There was a bot that bumped it. I reported it this morning and it got deleted shortly after you posted.
    Of course, lol. My fault for not checking the date of OP. Sorry everyone
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

I had a feeling that was it, but it certainly looked like an opportunity to drop blame on someone. ^_^
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

well in any case dont think there's much question about this matchup anymore