Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Corny as I once thought it was, as I grow older I've grown to LOVE the idea of Lois as Superwoman, from the first golden age story where she acquired the powers to Grant Morrison's take on it in All Star. I LOVE Lois having those powers only for 24 hours at a time. I'm not saying I want to see it become a permanent thing--and by modern storytelling standards it's a bit hokey--but I just find a certain retro charm in the concept.

No interest in Jimmy as Elastic Lad or Lana as Insect Queen--but I'd go for Lois with Kryptonian powers for a day.
    Read my free superhero webcomic, The Ill!

http://theill.thecomicseries.com/comics/540/

BANNED

Miss lane I hate to be rude, do you think lois' s so called human skills can keep up with batman when it comes to representing humanities power rivaling super powered beings like clark.

I think your being ignorant, Lois was never meant to catch up to superman as a human in terms of achieving the same feats and wonders, that's batman and lex Luthors job. They are the human races peak being rivaling the gods.

Lois up into this point was the trope codifier to being the heroes girlfriend only used for being rescued and empowering man roles over women.

Quote Originally Posted by Heasensy32 View Post
    Miss lane I hate to be rude, do you think lois' s so called human skills can keep up with batman when it comes to representing humanities power rivaling super powered beings like clark.
    Clark himself proclaimed in the New 52 that journalism can be just as powerful as someone who can change the course of rivers. Superman and Batman with their amazing physical abilities may be able to fight villains and cosmic threats, but they can't change the root causes of evil all on their own. Politician, author, philosopher, and revolutionary, Thomas Paine, once said, "You cannot conquer an idea with army." Physical force can only do so much to make the world a better place because it's a reactive rather than proactive force. It is much more difficult, and thus more impressive, to change the world by changing hearts and minds than it is to simply punch it in the face one bad guy at a time.

I think your being ignorant
    You know that rude thing you mentioned?

Lois was never meant to catch up to superman as a human in terms of achieving the same feats and wonders, that's batman and lex Luthors job. They are the human races peak being rivaling the gods.
    You have a very limited idea, I think, of what defines "feats and wonders." Human achievement and heroism are not limited to what can be accomplished with advanced technology, billions of dollars, and the ability to fight well. Human beings can save people -- save the world -- through words. Lois Lane is a powerful human being because she shapes public opinion and reveals truths through her words. If a vibrant and effective fourth estate had been able to chip away at a unjust class system, including limiting the power and influence of those who benefit from the military-industrial complex, do you suppose there might have been a chance that Lex Luthor could have risen so high and become so untouchable? Would the man who killed Bruce's parents have chosen a different path? Superheroes do not have the power to fix everything. It's ordinary human beings who risk their lives to expose the true sources of evil that can truly make a difference.

Lois up into this point was the trope codifier to being the heroes girlfriend only used for being rescued and empowering man roles over women.
    Here you prove your ignorance. You must have missed the over three decades worth of stories that limited Lois' rescues to few and far between as her exploits as a investigative journalist contributed to the end of systemic corruption.

Ultimate Member

Yes, she's had those powers for a year, and for most of that time she's been Brainiac's pawn. Let's see if she keeps them AFTER he's dealt with, otherwise it DOES count as "taking them away quickly." Like I said, if they want Lois as the normal human, I've got no problem with that. But if they CHOOSE to give her powers, then stick with it long-term. The repeated back and forth has gotten really old/annoying.

I think her having the powers while still under the direct influence of Brainiac doesn't count in my mind. How would she use it while under full control of it? We don't have much knowledge of that yet. Up until breaking free with Clark/SuperDoom's help she had no direct control over it for an extended point of time. The powers controlled her, not the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Yes, she's had those powers for a year, and for most of that time she's been Brainiac's pawn. Let's see if she keeps them AFTER he's dealt with, otherwise it DOES count as "taking them away quickly." Like I said, if they want Lois as the normal human, I've got no problem with that. But if they CHOOSE to give her powers, then stick with it long-term. The repeated back and forth has gotten really old/annoying.
    Quote Originally Posted by UltraWoman View Post
    I think her having the powers while still under the direct influence of Brainiac doesn't count in my mind. How would she use it while under full control of it? We don't have much knowledge of that yet. Up until breaking free with Clark/SuperDoom's help she had no direct control over it for an extended point of time. The powers controlled her, not the other way around.
    You're both missing the point. Regardless of how they've been used, Lois having psionic powers is overdone. If DC wants to revisit a short-term powers arc at some point, that's fine, but there should be some distance between that arc and this Brainiac one before it is even considered. It's time for Lois to have a storyline that doesn't involve her dealing with superpowers. I'd like to see her be herself for a change.

Quote Originally Posted by misslane View Post
    You're both missing the point. Regardless of how they've been used, Lois having psionic powers is overdone. If DC wants to revisit a short-term powers arc at some point, that's fine, but there should be some distance between that arc and this Brainiac one before it is even considered. It's time for Lois to have a storyline that doesn't involve her dealing with superpowers. I'd like to see her be herself for a change.
    I don't feel like it's been overdone. In fact, short of the new 52, I can't think of many decent (note "decent", I know it was done in Silver Age at varying points but in my mind they have not held up well) arcs where that's been the case. They've often be one-and-done plays where they really never explored what that would entail.