Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Black Knight, #1

What do you do when it's your destiny to be damned? For centuries, that is the question that has plagued each wielder of the Ebony Blade... with all of them eventually meeting untimely ends due to the sword's curse. And it is the question the current Black Knight, Dane Whitman, must ask himself as his addiction to the blade grows ever stronger and he finds himself in the aptly named Weirdworld. What are the circumstances that brought him to leave Earth and enter this strange and dangerous realm? And what do the Uncanny Avengers have to do with it? Find out here in this new ongoing tale of sword, sorcery and one man's struggle to not lose his soul.

Full article here.

Looking forward to this as I'm a big B.K. fan but I am not digging that art at all. Such a shame as some of the covers are fantastic.

I can't wait!

Looking forward to this. Only ever read Black Knight in a Black Panther comic (where he had a poor showing imo) but I'm really excited for a fantasy series staring him.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

Ruler of New Avalon. Interesting Dane was able to amass a kingdom so quickly.

Weirdworld seems like Marvel's new Savage Land.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Quote Originally Posted by dan12456 View Post
    Looking forward to this. Only ever read Black Knight in a Black Panther comic (where he had a poor showing imo) but I'm really excited for a fantasy series staring him.
    That was a fake Black Knight, planted by the Vatican. Not this Black Knight!

Looks great. I can't wait to finally read a Black Knight ongoing. It's cool that Marvel is trying to push a sword and sorcery comic, too. There aren't too many of those going around.

BANNED

I'll be giving this a try. I thought Black Knight was an awesome character as a kid when I first got into comics, but the entire time I was reading back
    then, he was stuck as a statue from Enchantress' kiss. As a matter of fact, he was still a statue years later when I briefly started reading comics again,
    so it was 2010 before I was actually able to read any stories where he was actually a real character. I don't know the exact number of years he was
    absent from comics, but it was a looooong time. Maybe longer than Wonder Man even.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Thomas View Post
    I'll be giving this a try. I thought Black Knight was an awesome character as a kid when I first got into comics, but the entire time I was reading back
    then, he was stuck as a statue from Enchantress' kiss. As a matter of fact, he was still a statue years later when I briefly started reading comics again,
    so it was 2010 before I was actually able to read any stories where he was actually a real character. I don't know the exact number of years he was
    absent from comics, but it was a looooong time. Maybe longer than Wonder Man even.
    He actually had his own comic strip in Marvel UK in the late seventies, and was in the Avengers in the eighties.

Hmm...interesting story buy terrible art. They couldn't get Phillip Tan, Dan Howard or Mahmud Asrar?

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    He actually had his own comic strip in Marvel UK in the late seventies, and was in the Avengers in the eighties.
    And a great series it was too (and it leading directly into Alan Moore's CB stuff didn't hurt either).

I was on the fence over trying the new ANAD BK series but the art in that preview has sadly pushed me over to the "no" side.

Quote Originally Posted by Of Atlantis View Post
    Ruler of New Avalon. Interesting Dane was able to amass a kingdom so quickly.

Weirdworld seems like Marvel's new Savage Land.
    Well, we are getting that 8 month fast-forward. Plus, who knows how time works in Weirdworld. *shrugs*

I had the same thought about Weirdworld being "the new Savage Land" but I'm definitely glad WW isn't straight-up replacing SL. There's room for both!

Quote Originally Posted by #1AngelFan View Post
    Looking forward to this as I'm a big B.K. fan but I am not digging that art at all. Such a shame as some of the covers are fantastic.
    Quote Originally Posted by QBall View Post
    I was on the fence over trying the new ANAD BK series but the art in that preview has sadly pushed me over to the "no" side.
    This series has definitely been a "maybe" for me, and really, if I do add another title to my monthly list I figured it was between this and Illuminati. But I definitely like the interior art of Black Knight more than the interior art in Illuminati.

Quote Originally Posted by Banonsroar View Post
    Looks great. I can't wait to finally read a Black Knight ongoing. It's cool that Marvel is trying to push a sword and sorcery comic, too. There aren't too many of those going around.
    And this might be what pushes me over to a full out "yes" - the opportunity to read a sword & sorcery comic set in the Marvel universe.

Haven't decided yet, though. I'm considering about how self-contained it will be, considering we're getting the Uncanny Avengers. As much as I love the Marvel Universe as a whole, my monthly comic purchases tend to be those that are self-contained.

-Pav, who is also considering the Ultimates due to his love of Miss America Chavez...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

I'm not to thrilled with the art.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    Yeah, I didn't even know Marvel UK existed back then, and by the time he came back and joined the Avengers, I was busy having a good time at Auburn.
    I went from 1986 to 2010 without opening a comic book, although I've read all those Avengers stories since. The last I knew of him before I checked out
    was in Avengers 157 when the statue woke up and attacked.

I don't mind the art -- big BK fan , I'll give it a chance.