Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Bart View Post
    I wonder if Jean is going to mindwipe Chris into forgetting what he saw.
    I wouldn't mind it if that meant we don't just ditch his character.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowbrat View Post
    The scene with Jean and her racist boyfriend is an almost exact replica of Kitty's anti-Havok anecdote (that was actually a Bendis anecdote) from ANXM #13.
    It's an obvious enough catalyst, I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    In fact get surprised that anyone really believe that something Bendis did will have some long-term impact exception for Bobby admit being gay almost everything he produced will not have much long-term relevance.Moreover Jean is trying escape from their future by taking different choices we all know who she truly love and that will not change no matter how much she wants as well as their future as was made clear in this preview she is destined to be the Phoenix.
    How so? There's no Phoenix raptor or anything, only a Jean upset by an injustice being committed by people outmatched by her taking action. This is something she did as an adult, for instance when she went against Sabretooth.

In that book, she broke at least one of Sabretooth's legs telekinetically. After, I think, throwing him through a wall.

Hopefully (?) these guys will get away with less.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    ATTENTIOIN INTERNETZ of the WORLD WIDE WEB!

Lemire, along with Ramos's stunning (no for real though, this art is the BIZNESS, ammirite?) art work has --- <GASP> -- ENDEARED me to Miss Dry Toast herself -- Jean muthaflippin' Grey.

I had a feeling. I had a strong feeling that Lemire was going to do some mad writer voodoo with this bunch and he done did it up and hexed the bejeezus outta me. I'm down -- SO DOWN -- and I am just shattering my keyboard I can't type this in fast enough.

OTHER COMMENTARIES:
    ~ Chris! Uh... Chris is hot. Yeah. Said it. I'm down to get down with a Ramos drawn college stu-- oh wait the muthatruckah is a racist. But legit though I really enjoyed their whole dynamic, however brief.
    ~ Scaley Dude -- can we name him? I don't know if Lemire plans to have Mutant MVP #WHAN swoop in with her Russian boom chacka lacka like she do and haul this dude -- Brody? Kyle? Dexter? -- on over to X-Haven but I hope she do and I hope its HER that Jean returns with. Unless this is a flashback and after all is said and done, Jean decides Chris's stubble is too good to give up she "edits" this whole encounter from his motherboard and keeps on dating him and rewrites his racism? I dunno. Its not like she hasn't mind whammy'ed a sexy dude or two when she wants her way before.
    ~Ramos is on POINT. So much so, it needs repeating.
    This is the only post in this entire thread worth reading. Thank you!

LOVED this preview! Jean is looking all kinds of fiery here which I love. I am on top of the world knowing that "Hank and Jean" ended during the 8 month gap and she confirmed that kissing him was like kissing a brother.

I noticed that her mutant racist human bf Chris looks like Scott. Could this be a coincidence? Jean must have a thing for hot guys in glasses like Cyclops has a thing for redheads.

I am correct in assuming that Jean learned the ethics of not reading people's minds without permission during the 8 month gap, otherwise how could she not know that Chris was afraid of mutants? It would be cool to confirm if Jean continued her training with Emma and that it contributed to her more mature behavior.

I know there are some people complaining that she is getting too much attention, but Lemire already confirmed that this was going to be Magik's book so I see this as a means of getting Jean to join the team.

For those sick of Jean's love life, a mini series focusing on Jean would satisfy those of us Jean lovers that can't get enough, and allow her to be a supporting character in EX. I kinda love the idea of Jean having development away from the X-men and in college. After all, adult Jean went away for a while to go to college and was even a fashion model.

I actually think this Mpox thing is going to be a great story element.

Already by issue two we see people treating it similarly to when HiV began spreading; fear due to lack of information.
    This will help give the "mutant metaphor" a fresh spin in my opinion, and re-ignite the fear of mutants in a realistic way.

I see lots of promise here.

Bring that [totally non-Phoenix] fire, Social Justice Hipster Jeen!

I'm amused that 'nosy bitch' Jeen didn't know the guy she was kissing was a mutie hater. You're getting better, Jeen.
    Last edited by nx01a; 11-12-2015 at 08:37 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by Bart View Post
    I wonder if Jean is going to mindwipe Chris into forgetting what he saw.
    She should just give the bigot a full out lobotomy (Along with those other bigots) and leave him on the streets to fend for himself.

I am pleased though to see that she is not putting up with any hate crimes against her fellow mutants. Even though in this time, mutant segregation should be rare.
    Emma Frost, Rogue, Felicia Hardy, Helena Bertinelli, Allison Blaire, Barbara Gordon, Monica Rambeau, Carol Danvers, Illyana Rasputin, Ororo Munroe, Harleen Quinzel, Lorna Dane, Irene Adler, Kate Kane, Rachel Grey Summers, Jean Grey, Diana Prince, Barbara Ann Minerva, Donna Troy, Jennifer Walters, Gwen Stacy, Wanda Maximoff = PERFECTION!

ATTENTIOIN INTERNETZ of the WORLD WIDE WEB!

Lemire, along with Ramos's stunning (no for real though, this art is the BIZNESS, ammirite?) art work has --- <GASP> -- ENDEARED me to Miss Dry Toast herself -- Jean muthaflippin' Grey.

I had a feeling. I had a strong feeling that Lemire was going to do some mad writer voodoo with this bunch and he done did it up and hexed the bejeezus outta me. I'm down -- SO DOWN -- and I am just shattering my keyboard I can't type this in fast enough.

OTHER COMMENTARIES:
    ~ Chris! Uh... Chris is hot. Yeah. Said it. I'm down to get down with a Ramos drawn college stu-- oh wait the muthatruckah is a racist. But legit though I really enjoyed their whole dynamic, however brief.
    ~ Scaley Dude -- can we name him? I don't know if Lemire plans to have Mutant MVP #WHAN swoop in with her Russian boom chacka lacka like she do and haul this dude -- Brody? Kyle? Dexter? -- on over to X-Haven but I hope she do and I hope its HER that Jean returns with. Unless this is a flashback and after all is said and done, Jean decides Chris's stubble is too good to give up she "edits" this whole encounter from his motherboard and keeps on dating him and rewrites his racism? I dunno. Its not like she hasn't mind whammy'ed a sexy dude or two when she wants her way before.
    ~Ramos is on POINT. So much so, it needs repeating.
    Every word of this post is better than the last! This. Is. Glorious. Thank you!

BANNED

I love Jean dating. I love seeing the x-men out in the real world. More please.

Is there a little bit of the phoenix in jeen?

Astonishing Member Old Man Ollie 1962's Avatar

Aww nutz.

Okay so then you go grab the matches to light the bonfire upon which we shall preemptively torch all hope for Lemire and Extraordinary.

We'll meet you at that place by that thing. Promise.
    You bringing a Bendis effigy to burn too?

Well thats one down, now Laura/Warren needs to go next.

The main premise of this series is too blatant of a rehash so if this series is gonna be anything, its gonna have to be in the characterizations and in the in between moments like were seeing here.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 11-12-2015 at 09:12 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Is there a little bit of the phoenix in jeen?
    I don't think so. The depiction of her power here seems no different from her normal power set, maybe augmented by her new powerup acquired on Chandilar.

Well, she is part of the X-men, and a (Summers-)Grey, so of course she cant have anything that resembles a normal life.

Aww nutz.

Okay so then you go grab the matches to light the bonfire upon which we shall preemptively torch all hope for Lemire and Extraordinary.

We'll meet you at that place by that thing. Promise.
    You mistake my annoyance for antipathy. Lemire's team book work isn't bad in the same sense like how Bendis' was, which deserves to be torched, but it is going to leave you disappointed. As he tends to fail to bring any originality to team dynamics. It ends up feeling stale. Sure, it is early in his run here but it feels like things are lining up for it to happen again like with JLD and JLU.