Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

I want to see more of the xmens personal lives outside of the superheroics and tight spandex fetishes.

Also, having some non mutant supporters would be nice. Like during the Claremont years with Stevie Hunter and the like.
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    You mistake my annoyance for antipathy. Lemire's team book work isn't bad in the same sense like how Bendis' was, which deserves to be torched, but it is going to leave you disappointed. As he tends to fail to bring any originality to team dynamics. It ends up feeling stale. Sure, it is early in his run here but it feels like things are lining up for it to happen again like with JLD and JLU.
    Lemire has stated in interviews that he's fully aware of his previous shortcomings in team books. Let's hope he manages to rise above his past shortcomings to give us the great writing and character work a great team like this one deserves. He's got it in him, I just know it. Well, I hope...
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    How so? Two issues in and you think she's already over Hank? Plus her new "boyfriend" is anti-mutant, so more like Bean is still on.
    She said kissing hank was like kissing her brother. It is over
    X-Men Forever

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Wow. We coulda had at least one human not go "KILL MUTANTZ!" but nope. I might not be able to continue if they're isn't at least "some" none crazies.
    Looks like you have to check out the other books for that. Both ANW and ANXM show humans who are not "Kill that Mutie right now!"
    I guess you won't see many of the normal people in EXM or UXM for that matter. OML is a wildcard here.
    "This is me being reasonable"

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeon View Post
    I want to see more of the xmens personal lives outside of the superheroics and tight spandex fetishes.

Also, having some non mutant supporters would be nice. Like during the Claremont years with Stevie Hunter and the like.
    This. They should not be all Doon gloom. I want civilian lives shown too.
    X-Men Forever

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    Looks like you have to check out the other books for that. Both ANW and ANXM show humans who are not "Kill that Mutie right now!"
    I guess you won't see many of the normal people in EXM or UXM for that matter. OML is a wildcard here.
    Sigh. Well I like Laura's solo and I am eagerly awaiting ANXM. They shall be my oasis.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Bring that [totally non-Phoenix] fire, Social Justice Hipster Jeen!

I'm amused that 'nosy bitch' Jeen didn't know the guy she was kissing was a mutie hater. You're getting better, Jeen.
    Ha! Yes!! Social Justice Hipster Jeen.
    Are you my spirit animal, nx01a?

And yes, lets all give a moment of silent appreciation for Jeens RESISTING the opportunity to rifle through Chris's brain pan drawers.
    Good for you, Mademoiselle Grey. YOU get a pumpkin spice latte and a pinterest account of your vury own.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    This looks awful. Not as awful as Bendis, his reached all time levels of awfulness, but this feels so generic. Like no originality.

I had hoped that Jean wasn't going to be the huge focus here, but unfortunately it seems like it is going to center around her and is going to hit all the generic X-Men tropes beat for beat. I find teen Jean to be a pretty terrible/selfish person so for her to be the lead character really isn't that appealing.

Plus I am so sick of her love life. I mean were people actually were interested in that generic "boyfriend character" from the last issue? Or Beast? Just give her a solo title and stick her in that if people want to read about her college life and boyfriend drama.
    mmm assuming much? This are just a few preview pages of the second issue of a brand new series and you just figured the whole thing out?
    Last edited by SerCo; 11-13-2015 at 06:08 AM.

The canyon-esque leaps being made to "ITS ALL ABOUT JEEEEEEEEN" are -- well, they're canyon-esque. Check your depth perception, ladies.

And the cynicism of late is just sticky gross. Its like the carpet at the movie theater, all gunked up from spilled soda pop and boot-squooshed juujuu bees.
    Just because last season's True Life I'm an X-Person left so many with Sunny D aftertaste in their mouths doesn't mean we avoid all orange colored bevies.

Has Lemire made his appreciation of Jeen known? Yes.
    Has Lemire implied she would be the Heart of the team? Oh he flat out SAID she would be.
    But he's also spoken repeatedly about Iceman, about Storm and about Old Man Logan.

Frankly, its the Nightcrawler fans that ought to give pause that he may just be playing window dressing, since he's neither been spoken of with any real detail nor has he done much besides recite some bible passages whilst getting his-self unconscious'ed by some hand-me-down, low-rent Marauders.

And simply because this particular preview section right here -- which <AHEM> is LOVELY -- showcases a Jeencentric scene does not make this he JEEN show.
    Cynicism! I cast thee out! You are not welcome here! Find another creeky floor boarded stank shack to boogedy boo.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    The canyon-esque leaps being made to "ITS ALL ABOUT JEEEEEEEEN" are -- well, they're canyon-esque. Check your depth perception, ladies.

And the cynicism of late is just sticky gross. Its like the carpet at the movie theater, all gunked up from spilled soda pop and boot-squooshed juujuu bees.
    Just because last season's True Life I'm an X-Person left so many with Sunny D aftertaste in their mouths doesn't mean we avoid all orange colored bevies.

Has Lemire made his appreciation of Jeen known? Yes.
    Has Lemire implied she would be the Heart of the team? Oh he flat out SAID she would be.
    But he's also spoken repeatedly about Iceman, about Storm and about Old Man Logan.

Frankly, its the Nightcrawler fans that ought to give pause that he may just be playing window dressing, since he's neither been spoken of with any real detail nor has he done much besides recite some bible passages whilst getting his-self unconscious'ed by some hand-me-down, low-rent Marauders.

And simply because this particular preview section right here -- which <AHEM> is LOVELY -- showcases a Jeencentric scene does not make this he JEEN show.
    Cynicism! I cast thee out! You are not welcome here! Find another creeky floor boarded stank shack to boogedy boo.
    This post just took my soul.....
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

BANNED

Way too predictable and generic and the most important thing to point out is jean is a 16 if not 17yr old college student with no income or HSD.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    Way too predictable and generic and the most important thing to point out is jean is a 16 if not 17yr old college student with no income or HSD.
    She could have a job. We don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Emma's Midriff View Post
    Maybe Emma was like "Here's some Hellfire Club cash money. Go get yourself a degree in Ethics."

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Emma's Midriff View Post
    Or access to funds somehow. What happened to the Grey estate? What accounts did older Jean herself have? Might she have been given something?

Quote Originally Posted by RandyMcDonald View Post
    It's an obvious enough catalyst, I suppose.

How so? There's no Phoenix raptor or anything, only a Jean upset by an injustice being committed by people outmatched by her taking action. This is something she did as an adult, for instance when she went against Sabretooth.

In that book, she broke at least one of Sabretooth's legs telekinetically. After, I think, throwing him through a wall.

Hopefully (?) these guys will get away with less.
    From my point of view this is like watching a rerun of a movie or show.

Since this young Jean came to this timeline has increased his powers in an abnormal speed and their behavior is instable as if something was stimulating this and something has prevented the original X-mens returning to his own timeline. The Phoenix keeps coming back for her or the mutant species when was on the verge of extinction as AvX and coincidentally she's here or better a younger version of Jean and the mutant species is in danger again looks very similar to what has happened in last years.

I could be wrong but do not know what happened to the Phoenix after SW and one thing is certain if Jean was around during AvX doubt very much Hope would have been the choice as host.