Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

So far i have enjoyed these first 2 issues. I'm looking forward to finding out what Sinister has been up to and what he has planned. I don't believe Cyke is dead but i want to know why Storm thinks he is. So far even though the X-men are in a terrible state i want to see how this unfolds, so this book has been a plus to me.

I'm already missing Bendis. Not much happened in this issues again and the dialogue isn't as inspired as when Bendis wrote the characters.

What I liked about All New Wolverine #1 was that it still kept some of the status quo from the previous run and not completely change the characters.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

I get Marvel is trying to use the time gap to create mystery, but I think it's failing. The only people in the dark about 90% of what happened after SW (which is ridiculously still going on) are the readers. There's nothing for the characters to discover, we aren't going for a journey, we're stumbling onto facts and being told its shocking... Maybe if we were there. So instead of finding out in real time, we have to rely on exposition and flashbacks.

On another note, it (EXM) does look OK far. Frustrating for the reasons above, but not bad when you compare it to the Bendis storylines we were getting, admittedly they weren't bad to begin with. It just spun its wheels forever and things kept happening because he wanted them to, not because they made sense. Nothing felt organic to me. On the subject of Jean and her abusing her powers... Well duh. There's a reason Xavier locked away her telepathy. I don't think it was just because of her immense power, but perhaps we saw some character flaws that would play well with having that much freedom. He was her mentor and kept her close, perhaps to coax change in her, which I'd say he did, because 616 Jean never came off this bratty.
    Last edited by donpricetag; 11-18-2015 at 01:01 PM.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by vrvr1 View Post
    I'm already missing Bendis. Not much happened in this issues again and the dialogue isn't as inspired as when Bendis wrote the characters.

What I liked about All New Wolverine #1 was that it still kept some of the status quo from the previous run and not completely change the characters.
    In what way was Bendis inspired?

That mutant guy that was actually an inhuman, makes me think I was right when I thought that mutants are being hated again because of the Inhumans. Lots of NuHumans rising and causing trouble, and most people are just ignorant and think they're mutants. The same for Inhumans being hated by mutant-haters.

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    I get Marvel is trying to use the time gap to create mystery, but I think it's failing. The only people in the dark about 90% of what happened after SW (which is ridiculously still going on) are the readers. There's nothing for the characters to discover, we aren't going for a journey, we're stumbling onto facts and being told its shocking... Maybe if we were there. So instead of finding out in real time, we have to rely on exposition and flashbacks.

On another note, it (EXM) does look OK far. Frustrating for the reasons above, but not bad when you compare it to the Bendis storylines we were getting, admittedly they weren't bad to begin with. It just spun its wheels forever and things kept happening because he wanted them to, not because they made sense. Nothing felt organic to me. On the subject of Jean and her abusing her powers... Well duh. There's a reason Xavier locked away her telepathy. I don't think it was just because of her immense power, but perhaps we saw some character flaws that would play well with having that much freedom. He was her mentor and kept her close, perhaps to coax change in her, which I'd say he did, because 616 Jean never came off this bratty.
    That thanks to the Hellfire Club, tends to turn into an omnicidal maniac when powered by the Phoenix; and also developed an urge to die for our sins twice.

I was bored to tears by this. It's just a mash-up of old X-Men plots: M-Day, Legacy Virus, more questing for Nightcrawler, Mr. Sinister pseudo-morlock stuff, and a bunch of scenes that have happened in past X-Men stories (immediately thought of every back alley 'mutie' beating scene depicted in an X-book, and the Jean-OML thing looked suspiciously like the Logan-Rogue stuff in the first X-Men movie).

Hard pass on this title. I'll see what the other X-Writers get up to.

Quote Originally Posted by Legaldrugdealer View Post
    Totally agree with the sentiment here. With Tyke I still get the sense that he is same old boyscout scott of old. This jean reminds me nothing of the old jean
    Well considering old Jean died many times, I'm happy to see Jean try some new strategies.

Didn't see a spoiler/discussion thread for this issue. So I might as well tack onto this one. I think this issue was an improvement over the first. The biggest flaw in EXM so far is the fact there are so many blanks. The art is great. The characterization is solid. But there's only so much you can do with a story when you don't know the circumstances. A lot has happened in 8 months and we're still only getting hints and clues. It's hard to really appreciate the weight of the story without those details.

Even so, this issue had plenty of nice moments. I enjoyed it, despite the major plot holes. At least we know where X-Haven is now and we know O5 Jean isn't staying on the sidelines. But the ongoing mystery surrounding Cyclops and the Inhumans conflict is starting to drag and I hope that changes soon. I did a full review on this issue. If anyone is interested, here's a link:

Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by Narasinha View Post
    I bet there is some Marvel's editor that have the same reaction at con:
    Fan: "Are you the X-Men editor?"
    Editor: Runs away screaming "I am the Inhuman's one, don't touch me!"
    Don't know if he'd run away from us X-MEN fans these days, but the INHUMANS editor is Nick Lowe, former senior editor of all things X-MEN. Lemire's X-Position answer where he described a meeting between X-Editor Daniel Ketchum, Soule, Bunn, himself, Hopeless, and Nick Lowe made me feel a lot better about the X-Men/Inhumans situation. There's communication, and everyone involved cares about the X-Men characters, so I'm thinking whatever mandates there are regarding mutants in the Marvel Universe might be mitigated as much as possible.

Like I said in another thread, I really enjoyed EXM #2; most of the questions and complaints seem related to the cold-opening in-medias-res "8 months later" or whatever amount of time. I think questions will be answered and mysteries solved. It's what keeps us reading, anyway. I also didn't see all these retcons that people are complaining about. (Why wouldn't a newly re-designed Cerebra be able to locate a body-part of a mutant that was in its database?)

Quote Originally Posted by Rivka View Post
    Like I said in another thread, I really enjoyed EXM #2; most of the questions and complaints seem related to the cold-opening in-medias-res "8 months later" or whatever amount of time. I think questions will be answered and mysteries solved. It's what keeps us reading, anyway. I also didn't see all these retcons that people are complaining about. (Why wouldn't a newly re-designed Cerebra be able to locate a body-part of a mutant that was in its database?)
    Yes, to this post. Specially the last part, had me confused.

BANNED

It's nice actually reading a comic where the X-men actually like each other and are united. Moving the school to hell is always a dumb idea and one of those mistakes Storm needs to never make again.

Regeneratin' Degenerate Lashley's Avatar

Not the best of books, but I've enjoyed the first two issues. Will continue with the title.

Hoping the other X-Books are worthwhile too.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    That mutant guy that was actually an inhuman, makes me think I was right when I thought that mutants are being hated again because of the Inhumans. Lots of NuHumans rising and causing trouble, and most people are just ignorant and think they're mutants. The same for Inhumans being hated by mutant-haters.
    Figures racist would confuse which one they're supposed to hate..or just not giving a crap and hating all equally.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Figures racist would confuse which one they're supposed to hate..or just not giving a crap and hating all equally.
    Sounds pretty accurate.
    Do you think people in real-life who hate on black people for example actually care about where you come from, who you are and what you standing is? Lol no that's not how it works. The only thing that matters is that you are dark-skinned.
    "This is me being reasonable"