Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Spider-Woman, #1

BABY ON BOARD!
    Jessica Drew is a private investigator, a super hero and... a mom to be? Since we last saw her, Spider-Woman's got a whole NEW responsibility -- she's super heroing for two now, after all! Ben Urich and Porcupine are still along for the adventure, too, and aren't making Jess' life any easier - half the time they won't even let her leave the car! How's a gal supposed to save innocent people and keep herself out of harm's way? See how in the mother of all Spider-Stories!

Full article here.

BANNED

Disappointed that the action figure variant isn't also pregnant, or at least has some kinda baby-belly accessory.
    Last edited by cyberhubbs; 11-12-2015 at 10:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberhubbs View Post
    Disappointed that the action figure variant isn't also pregnant, or at least has some kinda baby-belly accessory.
    Yeah, like a removable stomach piece or something. Way to drop the ball, Marvel.
    ♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•*

♪ღ♪░NORAH░WINTERS░FOR░SPIDER-WAIFU░♪ღ♪

*•♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•«

so how many years is the pregnancy going to be carried out?

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

So... is this going to be like a combination of what happened to Catwoman and the recent Thor comics? A big mystery about who the father is dragged out for several months and then it all eventually undoes itself when the baby is given away?

Either way... *sigh*...

Spectacular Member

Who is the audience for this book? I liked Jessica Drew Agent of S.W.O.R.D. Jessica Drew... mommy? Hard pass.

I have a feeling this is gonna go the Catwoman route and she's gonna give the baby away, pregnancies almost never work out in comics.
    Favorite Marvel Superheroes (in no particular order): Spider-Man (Peter Parker), Hawkeye (Clint Barton), Wolverine (Logan), Daredevil, Moon Knight, Ms. Marvel (Kamala Khan), Black Bolt, Deadpool, Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew), The Thing, Cyclops, Emma Frost.

Favorite DC Superheroes (in no particular order): Batman, Batgirl/Oracle (Barbara Gordon), Zatanna, The Flash (Barry Allen), Green Lantern (Hal Jordan), Black Canary, Nightwing, Wonder Woman, Green Arrow, Shazam.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    so how many years is the pregnancy going to be carried out?
    Oddly enough, only til next Spring based on interview about the Spider-Women crossover story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zagreus View Post
    Who is the audience for this book? I liked Jessica Drew Agent of S.W.O.R.D. Jessica Drew... mommy? Hard pass.
    Agreed. I would've been interested in her as an agent of SHIELD/SWORD (though sadly SWORD is now gone sacrificed to the mound of building Carol up into something she'll never really be) or even a big time solo hero but this street level privet eye business just ain't for me and that goes double for the pregnancy plot that no one asked for.
    Last edited by Kurolegacy; 11-14-2015 at 08:28 PM.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

So, who's the baby daddy and why isn't he allowed in the soon to be born child's life?

Ultimate Member

Not sure but guessing that he's not allowed for a few reasons, one it makes Jessica look better as handling it on her own and not needing a man to do it, two it could take away from her as a character, three that it gives them a mystery to keep people's interest...but yeah I doubt that the kid will stick around long...

If she's this pregnant, why isn't she relaxing at this point? It's arguably reckless for her to be out "adventuring" in her line of work.

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    So, who's the baby daddy and why isn't he allowed in the soon to be born child's life?
    I'm very neutral to the whole pregnancy idea, but this is 100% what I've been thinking since they first made it clear the father was going to be nothing more than a plot device.

I'll check it out. I liked the last series. We'll see how it goes. No idea who the pops could be. Maybe she had a random hook-up cuz the world was gonna end. Woops.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    If she's this pregnant, why isn't she relaxing at this point? It's arguably reckless for her to be out "adventuring" in her line of work.
    I read an old Scientific American article about traditional pregnant Japanese divers (who harvest abalone and other seafood) who often dive up to the day of the birth itself, and go back to work very soon thereafter. Extend that analogy to a superheroine, and…
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Zagreus View Post
    Who is the audience for this book?
    Honestly, I was wondering the same thing when it was announced.
    ♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•*

♪ღ♪░NORAH░WINTERS░FOR░SPIDER-WAIFU░♪ღ♪

*•♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•«