Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    It's not eve really long-term. Hopeless confirmed by the interview about the Spider-Women crossover this pregnancy thing only lasts till next Spring.
    Well, yeah. She has to give birth at some point. But beyond that, I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Tayswift View Post
    now I think the father wasn't on the avengers party?
    Probably not. In fact, I think the panel or two with Clint were there specifically to establish that it was not him... in a roundabout way.

Quote Originally Posted by lilyinblue View Post
    Having read the issue, I've actually decided the best part was Carol setting Tony up for a venom blast to the face.

... I enjoyed that.
    I personally liked the whole Avengers party thing. It was a nice touch showing that even though the Avengers have gone their separate ways and operate on different teams not affiliated with one another, they're still a family. Even Steve and Sam were talking together despite how their relationship is going over in Captain America. Now if only we could have gotten something like that for the X-Men during these long years of the schism.

Judging by the issue and her conversation with Carol Danvers and the ending, I think there is a possibility that the father of the child is spoilers:
    not human
    end of spoilers.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Model 1911A1 Cal .45 View Post
    Judging by the issue and her conversation with Carol Danvers and the ending, I think there is a possibility that the father of the child is spoilers:
    not human
    end of spoilers.
    The father is Peter Parker's counterpart.

As probably only one of five people that read the comic (past the party scene) I guess I have some responsibility to provide some feedback on the issue.

Characterisation = great. No cardboard cutouts (except Pony Stark as a comedic plot device), lots of flowing postulation and reminiscing to fill in some of what happened if you couldn't be bothered reading whatever daft event the house of mouse was trying last, but really it flowed like an episode of Sex and the City, nothing I want to have anything to do with but it did flow well.

Art = consistent and I would guess done with great care. Actually I don't like the style and still HATE the outfit but it's still better than a traced nudy magazine.

Plot = a well crafted soap opera, lots of referencing, whining, feeling sorry for oneself.

I like the way Denis Hopeless writes but can't stand the thought of reading another issue of this book..... First time EVER I am dumping a Spider-Woman title.

I actually really enjoyed the book and didn't get the impression that Jess was feeling sorry for herself? And I can't help but wonder if the father of the baby is one of the Inheritors from the Spider-Verse crossover. Remember, she had a counterpart on that version of Earth who was sleeping with the guy. And 616 Jess booted that version of herself to a boat so that she could replace her and get intel for the rest of the spiders.

I will be picking up the second issue for sure - I am really intrigued to see where Dennis Hopeless goes with this (and also, judging from the cover art, she'll probably have the kid in issue 4.)

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    I actually really enjoyed the book and didn't get the impression that Jess was feeling sorry for herself? And I can't help but wonder if the father of the baby is one of the Inheritors from the Spider-Verse crossover. Remember, she had a counterpart on that version of Earth who was sleeping with the guy. And 616 Jess booted that version of herself to a boat so that she could replace her and get intel for the rest of the spiders.

I will be picking up the second issue for sure - I am really intrigued to see where Dennis Hopeless goes with this (and also, judging from the cover art, she'll probably have the kid in issue 4.)
    Nice theory! Hadn't even crossed my mine. I was solely thinking of her solo series.

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

Never thought I'd be reading a book about a pregnant superhero, but here I am. Liked the issue even though there wasn't a lot of action.

Quote Originally Posted by frizb View Post
    Nice theory! Hadn't even crossed my mine. I was solely thinking of her solo series.
    Thanks! I was thinking if it was her solo series it's Ben Ulrich. But I guess we have to wait and see.

Figured it out. Anyway, I read an article that had to do with Jess' new comic and it stated spoilers:
    That Jess is having twins?
    end of spoilers

Also, a preview of Spider-Gwen 3 that has Jess in it! http://www.comicosity.com/exclusive-...spider-gwen-3/
    Last edited by Seren; 12-03-2015 at 05:53 PM.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast