Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Good issue, gorgeous artwork. The portrayal of the chemotherapy was spot on. I don't think it makes a whole lot of sense that Jane would continue to get treatments when they are negated whenever she transforms into Thor, but would refuse Asgardian medical methods. It makes for good tension, but she's a doctor and she's basically wasting resources and other people's time.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Ashcroft View Post
    At the moment without all the facts nothing much makes sense in this book,starting with how or why Thor became unworthy in the first place.
    Exactly.
    It reminds me of the drawn out mystery they were trying to establish behind "Who could the Red Hulk be", that was drawn out for over 2yrs(maybe more?).
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

BANNED

The 4th best selling title this week digitally.

I wonder if Marvel decide to keep this Thor on in the flagship title even after Aaron is done with his story, if she continues to perform better than Odinson.

Quote Originally Posted by Ina heshima kwa Jumuia kama ka View Post

I wonder if Marvel decide to keep this Thor on in the flagship title even after Aaron is done with his story, if she continues to perform better than Odinson.
    Just out of curiousity I also looked at the other regions to see how things are looking there. Here are the pictures from the the top 18

France:

United Kingdom:

European Union:

France is the only region where the new number 1 isn't in the top 18 but 1-7 are all issues from her previous run so yeah. The sale that Comixology is having is definitely working.
    "This is me being reasonable"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by whiterabbit View Post
    Jane divorced her husband and abandoned her son after hearing a rumor about an ex-boyfriend being revived. Why is she worthy to lift mjolnir?
    Following your logic: Thor was a childish spoiled hot headed as***e for centuries (millenia?) before becoming a hero, so why he should be ever worthy?

Quote Originally Posted by Lashley View Post
    Brilliant issue.

First few pages were hard to read, that end reveal was cool (but wtf at those chin pubes?)

Can't wait for #2
    I know! He was sooooo hot as the God of Stories, but now his facial hair looks like a ballsack mated with a Frost Giant. Hopefully it improves. The art was perfect in every other way, really.

As for Odinson being unworthy- I suspect he may have somehow given Jane her cancer. That means he's unworthy for the same reason she is worthy, which will make the interaction great when he finds out. And then his quest to become worthy will be the quest to cure her, whether she wants to or not.

BANNED

I think the Odinson will get his hammer back by the time the War of Realms breaks out. Which will likely be the third act of Aaron's Thor tenure.

I wonder if Thor Odinson sporting the Hemsworth beard right now might be a sign that, when he gets his hammer back or a hammer, he'll then start sporting one of Thor's MCU armors?

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    I think the Odinson will get his hammer back by the time the War of Realms breaks out. Which will likely be the third act of Aaron's Thor tenure.
    But it has already begun.

Edit: Spoiler tags didn't seem to work on an image.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    Just out of curiousity I also looked at the other regions to see how things are looking there. Here are the pictures from the the top 18

France:

United Kingdom:

European Union:

France is the only region where the new number 1 isn't in the top 18 but 1-7 are all issues from her previous run so yeah. The sale that Comixology is having is definitely working.
    And now it's climbed up to number 13 on the France charts.

Not too shabby.

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    Aaron has something planned, no doubt, but I wonder if Marvel will let him follow through with his story if this Thor continues to sell better than her predecessor.

Mighty Member

If they didn't force Slott to continue Superior, they'll let Aaron end the story on his terms, too.
    I write about the intersection of science, comics and culture. Check it out!

And now it's climbed up to number 13 on the France charts.

Not too shabby.
    Third place on UK now too right behind both Star Wars titles.
    "This is me being reasonable"

All-New Member

Man, I was so pleasently surprised by this issue. I really liked Jane versus the frost giants in volume one, but everything seemed to fall apart after that. The Titania issue also just made me angry and it really hurt the books credibility for me, and when Jane was revealed I questioned the writing because Thor had acted nothing like Jane. I also hated how crazy Odin seemed.

This issue, though, seemed to address a lot of my issues with Volume 1. Jane acted like Jane (really loved her trying to help the guy with the broken shoulder after she saved the falling space station). Odin seems obviously corrupted in some way by his brother. I don't know a lot of the pieces seem to be moving in a positive direction. I think the secret character gimmick was killing volume one because I'm really excited for Mighty Thor.

Quote Originally Posted by tayroar View Post
    Man, I was so pleasently surprised by this issue. I really liked Jane versus the frost giants in volume one, but everything seemed to fall apart after that. The Titania issue also just made me angry and it really hurt the books credibility for me, and when Jane was revealed I questioned the writing because Thor had acted nothing like Jane. I also hated how crazy Odin seemed.

This issue, though, seemed to address a lot of my issues with Volume 1. Jane acted like Jane (really loved her trying to help the guy with the broken shoulder after she saved the falling space station). Odin seems obviously corrupted in some way by his brother. I don't know a lot of the pieces seem to be moving in a positive direction. I think the secret character gimmick was killing volume one because I'm really excited for Mighty Thor.
    If you get around to rereading the previous volume it might help your appreciation to consider that the personality disconnect was partly related to how the Thor personality is its own thing. On one level it seems to change how she thinks just as much as it changes how she speaks. The thought bubbles are reactive and almost passively regarding her own actions, and the speach is being formed and informed by a distinctly different outlook. Aaron is doing something new and different here in a way, but he is also harking back to the earliest Thor comics.

I also think that volume and probably this one contain a wider commentary on Thor cannon but I would be repeating my last post in the spoiler thread.

Welcome to the forums by the way, just noticed that was post number one.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 11-20-2015 at 04:40 PM.

All-New Member

Oh, yeah, thanks. I'd been on 4chan because it's a fast moving forum, but I'm kinda done with it from all the negativity. I tried talking about this there and they were just looking for reasons to hate it.

But yeah, well and also the name change thing as a hark back to Thor canon. Captain America may be an exception, but every one who wielded Mjolnir did use the name Thor. When he held Mjolnir Beta Ray Bill was referred to as Beta Ray Thor. I kinda wish Aaron hadn't had Thor give up his name just because there have been so many times where other wielders had used the name Thor I didn't feel like it needed to be justified.