Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default The Mighty Thor, #1

When DR. JANE FOSTER lifts the mystic hammer Mjolnir, she is transformed into the Goddess of Thunder, THE MIGHTY THOR! Her enemies are many, as Asgard descends further into chaos and war threatens to spread throughout the Ten Realms. Yet her greatest battle will be against a far more personal foe: the cancer that is killing her mortal form.

Full article here.

After watching people play Fallout 4... I have to apologize for seeing Jane Foster as Mama Murphy.

On a different note. I wonder if Jane Foster will become a Deadpool.
    Last edited by Bunai; 11-12-2015 at 10:22 PM.
    aka(s). o-bunⓐi-o // ⓓcembⓘrth

Sorry for any misspellings or grammar mistakes

Last edited by Crazed T'Challa x Emma x Namor shipper; Yesterday at 00:00 UM.

Astonishing Member Old Man Ollie 1962's Avatar

I adore the strength and compassion of this woman's character. I am so in her corner. Aaron, you magnificent bastard. I'm reading your book!

Just love it.
    The book that I am the most excited for next week to be honest.
    "This is me being reasonable"

I missed this book. Jane Foster completely won me over as Thor. I'll be honest. I didn't really give it a fair chance at first. I thought it would be a gimmick that barely lasted a year. I'm glad it hasn't. Jane has really proven herself, both as a character and as a Thor. I really like what Jason Aaron has done with her and I think she's got what it takes to be in that top tier of Marvel's characters.

If the comics continue to be this good, then I hope the movies take notice and let Natalie Portman wield the hammer in Thor 3.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

BANNED

This is looking great!

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

What's happened to Donald Blake? I don't think he's appeared since Aaron took over the book.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Ashcroft View Post
    What's happened to Donald Blake? I don't think he's appeared since Aaron took over the book.
    Donald Blake's head was removed from his body and his mind was trapped in an endless dream state where he saw himself as a great hero.

This was back in Matt Fractions run shortly after Fear Itself.
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

I'm on board this book as long as Dauterman is attached (although the revealed comeback of Loki... urk... makes me churn).

Is that montage spread (with the awesome Odinson and Hercules beefcake-ry) a cover variant or whatnot?

Quote Originally Posted by Monpochi View Post
    I'm on board this book as long as Dauterman is attached (although the revealed comeback of Loki... urk... makes me churn).

Is that montage spread (with the awesome Odinson and Hercules beefcake-ry) a cover variant or whatnot?
    The spread is the nomal cover. It will be a gatefold cover. It needs to be a poster on my wall!
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

I will repeat it again: It doesn't make sense that she refuses to be cured with magic "because magic always comes with a price", but she claims Mjolnir. It is like refusing radiotherapy because she's scared of radioactivity and building a thermonuclear nuke in her backyard.

It would make much more sense if the female Thor were somebody without ready access to magic.

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    I will repeat it again: It doesn't make sense that she refuses to be cured with magic "because magic always comes with a price", but she claims Mjolnir. It is like refusing radiotherapy because she's scared of radioactivity and building a thermonuclear nuke in her backyard.

It would make much more sense if the female Thor were somebody without ready access to magic.
    Or we just don't have all the facts on the board yet. Maybe the cancer is necessary for her to be able to lift Mjolnir for example? (adds extra worthiness points) Or Jane believes that is the case at least.

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

At the moment without all the facts nothing much makes sense in this book,starting with how or why Thor became unworthy in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Ashcroft View Post
    At the moment without all the facts nothing much makes sense in this book,starting with how or why Thor became unworthy in the first place.
    I have a theory of my own:

During the previous years, Mjolnir was possessed and controlled by Enrakt of the Enchanters Three, which weakened it, allowing Perrikus to slice it in two pieces. Repaired by Odin, it was later broken by several hammer-wielding foes of Thor durign the last Ragnarok, and repaired by Surturr. Still later, it was damaged by Bor and repaired by Dr. Strange using Thor's own divine energy to empower it.

I think Mjolnir spells have been weakened due to being damaged and repaired so many times. Last time in particular, it was repaired by a mortal sorcerer using Thor's lifeforce, which linked it to Thor's soul and life. That means Mjolnir's power is no longer the craft of Odin, but rather a product of Thor's own divine spark. Hence, it is no longer Odin who defines somebody as "worthy", but Thor's own subjetive opinion. Thor greatly respects Jane Foster, and that's the reason she is able to lift Mjolnir.

As for why Thor did become unworthy... I think Nick Fury made him believe himself unworthy. I think Nick Fury triggered some post-hipnotic order implanted by somebody else to make Thor despise himself, or maybe he just reminded him of his greatest shame, and since Thor is the one who defines worthiness now, if he feels unworthy, then he's unworthy.

Once Thor was unable to wield Mjolnir, he fell in a vicious circle of shame, which makes him feel unworthy, which makes him unable to lift Mjolnir, which makes he even more ashamed...etc.
    Last edited by Habis; 11-15-2015 at 03:19 AM.

Supernatural Inhuman! Lucena Soares's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    I have a theory of my own:

During the previous years, Mjolnir was possessed and controlled by Enrakt of the Enchanters Three, which weakened it, allowing Perrikus to slice it in two pieces. Repaired by Odin, it was later broken by several hammer-wielding foes of Thor durign the last Ragnarok, and repaired by Surturr. Still later, it was damaged by Bor and repaired by Dr. Strange using Thor's own divine energy to empower it.

I think Mjolnir spells have been weakened due to being damaged and repaired so many times. Last time in particular, it was repaired by a mortal sorcerer using Thor's lifeforce, which linked it to Thor's soul and life. That means Mjolnir's power is no longer the craft of Odin, but rather a product of Thor's own divine spark. Hence, it is no longer Odin who defines somebody as "worthy", but Thor's own subjetive opinion. Thor greatly respects Jane Foster, and that's the reason she is able to lift Mjolnir.

As for why Thor did become unworthy... I think Nick Fury made him believe himself unworthy. I think Nick Fury triggered some post-hipnotic order implanted by somebody else to make Thor despise himself, or maybe he just reminded him of his greates shame, and since Thor is the one who defines worthiness now, if he feels unworthy, then he's unworthy.

Once Thor was unable to wield Mjolnir, he fell in a vicious circle of shame, which makes him feel unworthy, which makes him unable to lift Mjolnir, which makes he even more ashamed...etc.
    That actually a great theory whobreally make sense of everything that's happening in Thor's books!
    [bows in respect of your deduction skills]