Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Old Man Ollie 1962's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Sigh. You are listening to the hype and depriving yourself of a good story in the mold of all great Thor stories. This is written by one of the top ten comic writers of the era and a passionate Thor fan. Drawn by a great artist who is blossoming before our eyes as he takes advantage of the ability to cut loose on fantasy imagery. You are the only person loosing out by your own self exile.
    I'm a traditionalist too. (Read my rants about Green Arrow.) But you nailed it. Good story telling and interesting, likable characters (Jane, Sam) to root for.

Incredible Member

Jane divorced her husband and abandoned her son after hearing a rumor about an ex-boyfriend being revived. Why is she worthy to lift mjolnir?

what new villains have been invented for JaneThor so far? She needs new villains. It can't just be a string of confrontations with old villains to see how they react to "a female" swinging the hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by megaharrison View Post
    When the real Thor comes back, I'll pick this up. Same with Captain America and Hulk.
    Where exactly did he go? He was in almost every issue of the previous series.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Where exactly did he go? He was in almost every issue of the previous series.
    He may have been there but he jobbed back at the start resulting in him losing his arm and then spent the rest of the series on an obsessive search for who the new Thor was, even relinquishing his name to her as if it were a title. Not the best showing for the guy whose solo it had been. While he was there, he basically existed for propping Jane up in the role of Thor. IMO probably the best showing of Thor in the last year were when his story had nothing to do with Jane-Thor with when Hickman wrote him with Sunspot's Avengers and in Thors.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    He may have been there but he jobbed back at the start resulting in him losing his arm and then spent the rest of the series on an obsessive search for who the new Thor was, even relinquishing his name to her as if it were a title. Not the best showing for the guy whose solo it had been. While he was there, he basically existed for propping Jane up in the role of Thor. IMO probably the best showing of Thor in the last year were when his story had nothing to do with Jane-Thor with when Hickman wrote him with Sunspot's Avengers and in Thors.
    To buy into the very idea that Thor Odinson was "jobbed", you would have to ignore the "League Of Realms" arc. I guess I could see folks who were not up to speed on Aaron's run could buy into it "not being his best showing". For the folks who read Aaron's Thor series from the start, the idea that Thor has doubts and makes mistakes has been there since the start.

Quote Originally Posted by whiterabbit View Post
    Jane divorced her husband and abandoned her son after hearing a rumor about an ex-boyfriend being revived. Why is she worthy to lift mjolnir?
    So you think worthiness is a sum of all of your actions? I don't think that is the criteria Aaron is using.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Banner View Post
    Thanks for the link. Interesting review. [Drums fingers in anticipation ]

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Thanks for the link. Interesting review. [Drums fingers in anticipation ]
    You're welcome, mate!

And another glowing review:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/co...-marvel-comics

Spectacular Member

Love the art and I'll continue to read as long as Thor Odinson appears as a character. I'm not all that thrilled with Jane Foster as Thor. To me, it runs counter to her refusal to allow Asgardian methods to combat her cancer. It is different and has my interest, though. I wish people who enjoy reading a book with a female character had supported Journey Into Mystery when Sif was the lead. But that didn't have the added element of taking a man out of power and putting a woman in his place.

Quote Originally Posted by Timbales View Post
    ...I wish people who enjoy reading a book with a female character had supported Journey Into Mystery when Sif was the lead. But that didn't have the added element of taking a man out of power and putting a woman in his place.
    Well it was also a bit of a climb down after the Loki arc, which in my opinion was the best marvel volume for decades. Continuing the same volume under the spotlight of the 'Now!' launch with a Sif story, was a challenge. Kathryn Immonen did a good job, but it was never going to be the epic that Gillen had been writing, so it suffered in comparison.

Anyway, I have started a discussion thread with a synopsis if anyone wants to dissect The Mighty Thor #1 a bit more under the safety of a spoiler tag.

My overall impression is very positive. Great art from Dauterman who is improving with every outing, and interesting themes being developed by Aaaron, who remains impressive with his multi-layered style.

The colour is a little bit similar across the various tones of the story, which is probably a conscious choice but felt a bit of an odd decision to me. Matthew Wilson does some great work though.

BANNED

Brilliant start for this volume! Much better than there previous one, imo.

Thought it was a great issue, overall. Now that we know Jane is the new Thor, we can get into her head more and it makes her feel more well rounded. I think the last volume suffered a bit from not being able to delve too deeply into Jane/Thor's thoughts. As a fan of Loki's recent face-turn the final page was a liiiitle worrying, but pretty sure he's actually just trying to infiltrate Malekith's little club.

Regeneratin' Degenerate Lashley's Avatar

Brilliant issue.

First few pages were hard to read, that end reveal was cool (but wtf at those chin pubes?)

Can't wait for #2