Page 188 of 439 FirstFirst ... 88138178184185186187188189190191192198238288 ... LastLast
Results 2,806 to 2,820 of 6582

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    Kid Rock is due some penicillin.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Muse should be a way bigger deal.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    This thread is for controversial opinions, not statements of fact.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    Are they not? I'm not sure how popular they are over in the States but Muse are a big deal over here in Europe.

It's not an exact fit but I always saw them as a millennial Rush. Black Holes & Revelations was a superb album.

I have not heard anyone say anything about Muse (good, bad, indifferent) in a very long time, maybe never.
    It is gratifying to hear that they are getting their due somewhere, though.
    It's always good to be reminded that there are other markets besides the US, in which something that I would think would be big over here are actually big.

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    Everyone is an atheist. The only difference is that some atheists disbelieve in one more god than the rest.
    Atheism is the disbelieve in all form of deities, not one single entity.

To believe in let's say Shiva and in the same time to not believe in the existence of the space turltle of cosmic awesomeness doesn't make you an atheist.

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    Atheism is the disbelieve in all form of deities, not one single entity.

To believe in let's say Shiva and in the same time to not believe in the existence of the space turltle of cosmic awesomeness doesn't make you an atheist.
    If you're getting into the absolute semantics of it, yeah, but the point still stands. Pretty much everyone disbelieves in almost all deities.

Retired

When people seem to care more about Spider-Man existing in the same movie world as Ant-Man than if other movie studios can exist independent of Disney, it makes me think that people would willingly live in the Matrix rather than be bothered with the responsibilities of reality. Their priority is to be caught in this bubble of entertainment fantasy, oblivious to the real world and its brutal choices. Everyone wants to take the blue pill as fast as they can.

Tomatoes in clam chowder make an appropriate food. This is very controversial in New England anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by dancj View Post
    If you're getting into the absolute semantics of it, yeah, but the point still stands. Pretty much everyone disbelieves in almost all deities.
    This goes beyond merely being semantics. The belief in any god denies an atheist status. Would we consider people anarchists if they dislike many forms of government but support a particular one? Are people illiterate because they cannot read or write the vast majority of languages on Earth,m but are fluent in one language?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    When people seem to care more about Spider-Man existing in the same movie world as Ant-Man than if other movie studios can exist independent of Disney, it makes me think that people would willingly live in the Matrix rather than be bothered with the responsibilities of reality. Their priority is to be caught in this bubble of entertainment fantasy, oblivious to the real world and its brutal choices. Everyone wants to take the blue pill as fast as they can.
    This applies not only to people wrapped up in the entertainment world. Just look at the level of some of the political discourse in America these days...

Retired

I think in fifty years, if we don't destroy the planet, most people who can afford it will be living in their own fantasy worlds all the time and they won't care about anything or anyone in the real world. Like in Black Mirror. There will be one corporation that will own everyone and everything, but nobody will do anything to stop them because they just care about what's in their media stream.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Tomatoes in clam chowder make an appropriate food. This is very controversial in New England anyway.
    I stand shoulder to shoulder with all New Englanders on this one, horrible controversy.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    This goes beyond merely being semantics. The belief in any god denies an atheist status. Would we consider people anarchists if they dislike many forms of government but support a particular one? Are people illiterate because they cannot read or write the vast majority of languages on Earth,m but are fluent in one language?
    Isn't the original quote from this debate something from a comedian? Those guys only do semantics when it suits the punchline.
    Dark does not mean deep.