Page 180 of 182 FirstFirst ... 80130170176177178179180181182 LastLast
Results 2,686 to 2,700 of 2729

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    This pro lifer absolutely believes in all the sex education you can give in schools. You can't trust many parents to properly teach kids. Knowledge is the key so teach the kids and teach them early.

I also believe birth control should be 100% covered by insurance and for those without insurance it should be as close to free as possible for women everywhere. Providing it for women is the key because in the heat of the moment without a condom readily available you can't trust men or women to not say **** it and just hope for the best. Make birth control pills, shots, patches, etc as cheap if not free as possible. Pass out condoms if you want but ultimately its women who bear the burden of birth so its them that we need to focus on with options that don't include murdering someone.

The best way to reduce abortion is to prevent the pregnancy in the first place. This is the most frustrating thing to me as a pro lifer as it seems the majority of other pro lifers don't understand this simple concept.

As I stated without explanation I'm against abortion except for mother's health. I believe it is a life and its murder to kill it. Even in cases of rape / incest because its not the babies fault. When it comes down to choosing a mother's life or the babies life I make the exception because no one should be forced to die for another though I certainly understand why a mother would choose to give her life for her child just like many mom's have forgone chemo in order to save their unborn babies life. I'd give my life without hesitation for any of my kids.
    No abortion at any point in the pregnancy? Morning after pills?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Incredible Member

Do EC Comics count? Articles written about them seem to ignore the misogyny in those books (not that there wasn't any by other publishers). Yeah, Gaines and Feldstein can be commended for their stance on civil rights (as far as whites would go in the 50s), but women pretty much always nagging or scheming b#tches.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheday View Post
    Do EC Comics count? Articles written about them seem to ignore the misogyny in those books (not that there wasn't any by other publishers). Yeah, Gaines and Feldstein can be commended for their stance on civil rights (as far as whites would go in the 50s), but women pretty much always nagging or scheming b#tches.
    Fawcett comics did a more positive stance on civil rights than EC comics. They also published Jackie Robinson comic books

Last edited by Zetsubou; 05-25-2019 at 12:25 AM.

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

It’s important to counter from a early age every time police send officers to do “safety presentations” at schools. Kids will buy in to the idea of Officer Friendly, and need to be reminded that’s not often the case and those presentations are about compliance. Especially when it comes to black school students.

Quote Originally Posted by Madam-Shogun-Assassin View Post
    It’s important to counter from a early age every time police send officers to do “safety presentations” at schools. Kids will buy in to the idea of Officer Friendly, and need to be reminded that’s not often the case and those presentations are about compliance. Especially when it comes to black school students.
    I'm not quite sure where you're going with this. Are you saying that you should teach kids NOT to listen to police officers?

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I'm not quite sure where you're going with this. Are you saying that you should teach kids NOT to listen to police officers?
    Kids are taught to listen, even if Officer Friendly is wrong.
    "I rhyme with tyre
    And cause pollution
    I think you'll find
    It's the best solution

What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pl Rua

Quote Originally Posted by GozertheGozarian View Post
    Kids are taught to listen, even if Officer Friendly is wrong.
    If the point here is to thoughtfully and skeptically question authority, I'm for it. If it's to be automatically suspicious and negative of law enforcement in general, it seems like that could backfire in serious ways.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners Thread So much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
    "Being politically incorrect shouldn't be a matter of pride. It's the last gasp of the wrong side of history." - Unknown
    "By all means, compare these s**t-heads to Nazis." - Mike Godwin referring to the protesters in Charlottesville.

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    If the point here is to thoughtfully and skeptically question authority, I'm for it. If it's to be automatically suspicious and negative of law enforcement in general, it seems like that could backfire in serious ways.
    I'm just so used to the police just being one more trouble that needs to be avoided that sometimes I forget that it's not that way everywhere. Some parts of the world are still sane.

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    I'm just so used to the police just being one more trouble that needs to be avoided that sometimes I forget that it's not that way everywhere. Some parts of the world are still sane.
    Hardly, to avoid police is a sensible rule pretty much everywhere.

Fantastic Member TriggerWarning's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    Hardly, to avoid police is a sensible rule pretty much everywhere.
    The best way to avoid the police is obey the law.

The vast majority of people will go their whole lives only dealing with the police 1-2 times at most and usually only because they got pulled over for something legit like speeding. People who claim they are constantly being harassed by police and can recite numerous encounters are doing things to bring police attention on themselves like committing crime or driving poorly all the time.

The best way to avoid the police is obey the law.

The vast majority of people will go their whole lives only dealing with the police 1-2 times at most and usually only because they got pulled over for something legit like speeding. People who claim they are constantly being harassed by police and can recite numerous encounters are doing things to bring police attention on themselves like committing crime or driving poorly all the time.
    You have no idea what black people routinely go through interacting with the police. I can tell you, it's not "1-2" times in their lives.
    And if you seriously think black people are pulled over because they "drive poorly", you are just lying to yourself.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    You have no idea what black people routinely go through interacting with the police. I can tell you, it's not "1-2" times in their lives.
    And if you seriously think black people are pulled over because they "drive poorly", you are just lying to yourself.
    I know a lot more than you think. I also know exactly how far just being polite and complying goes instead of non compliance, launching into attacks on the officers by claiming "you only stopped me because I'm black", etc can go. You can't always talk yourself out of a ticket as sometimes you just deserve one but you certainly can talk yourself into one.

On the vast majority of stops and nearly 100% of those at night the cop has no idea the race, gender, or age of anyone in the car they are pulling over.

Ultimate Member

I know a lot more than you think. I also know exactly how far just being polite and complying goes instead of non compliance, launching into attacks on the officers by claiming "you only stopped me because I'm black", etc can go. You can't always talk yourself out of a ticket as sometimes you just deserve one but you certainly can talk yourself into one.

On the vast majority of stops and nearly 100% of those at night the cop has no idea the race, gender, or age of anyone in the car they are pulling over.
    Well...the police profile people all the time and I don't even have to bring race into it. You don't have to be doing anything illegal, if the officer feels you don't belong or aren't "right"...maybe you have a strange hair or your a woman alone in an isolated area...they'll invent an excuse to question you. I know of many white people who have had this happen to them by white officers.

My point isn't that race doesn't play into police harassment in some communities, my point is that it's nave to think the police only question people who are suspicious and if you keep your nose clean take won't bother you.

I know a lot more than you think.

It's obvious you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Well...the police profile people all the time and I don't even have to bring race into it. You don't have to be doing anything illegal, if the officer feels you don't belong or aren't "right"...maybe you have a strange hair or your a woman alone in an isolated area...they'll invent an excuse to question you. I know of many white people who have had this happen to them by white officers.

My point isn't that race doesn't play into police harassment in some communities, my point is that it's nave to think the police only question people who are suspicious and if you keep your nose clean take won't bother you.
    Of course police profile. Profiling is just using experience and knowledge to hone in on likely crimes. Won't always be correct but it will be more correct than just random stops.

They see a car weaving in its lane (which is not illegal and a reason to stop) so they profile it as possibly being a drunk driver and follow it until it commits an actual violation and then stop and check to see if it is fact a drunk driver.

They see a guy hanging out in front of a laundry mat for a long time who doesn't actually seem to be doing laundry. They profile him as being a drug dealer so they walk up and talk to him and see what they can learn. This by the way is one of the local drug buy spots in my town and where numerous busts have happened.

They see several cars parked in a secluded area of a park known as the local "gay but supressing" hangout where so called hetero married men who are gay but suppressing go to have anonymous gay sex. So they profile by walking through the area to see how many people they can find having sex in public and end up making some obscene conduct in public arrests upon finding men going at it in the park. Have these people ever heard of Grindr? No cares if your gay, just don't do it in the park, its 2019 so hook up online and do it in private.

Obviously stopping someone just because they are black, or female, or gay is wrong but the vast majority of the time this is not whats happening despite what many claim..

Most cops in urban areas (not state patrol where they do have quotas) are just fishing on most of their stops. They stop lots of cars for minor violations where they really couldn't care less about the minor violation and instead are fishing for a drunk driver, obvious drugs in sight, drivers wanted on warrants, etc. If everything is fine except the minor violation they will usually let you go with a warning because the paperwork isn't worth the time. Unless you talk yourself into a ticket by verbally accosting the cop with belligerence or accusations of racism, etc. Sometimes your offense will get you a ticket regardless, if your racing and doing 70 in a 35 your probably getting a ticket no matter what but if you merely failed to signal or had a headlight out the cop will most likely give you a warning as long as your sober, have a valid license, have no drugs in plain sight, and act like a decent human being to them.
    Last edited by TriggerWarning; 06-06-2019 at 07:03 PM.