Page 103 of 440 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113153203 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 6586

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
    Reed Richards has no appeal as a character. Marvel should kill him off and replace him with the Silver Surfer, after powering the Surfer down to a reasonable level.
    I like Reed Richards and the FF in the original team has appeal for me. The FF was not published, not because of sales numbers, but because of a movie rights fight.

I think your idea of the FF with the Surfer instead of Reed is not optimum. (a polite way of saying it sucks )
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I like Reed Richards and the FF in the original team has appeal for me. The FF was not published, not because of sales numbers, but because of a movie rights fight.

I think your idea of the FF with the Surfer instead of Reed is not optimum. (a polite way of saying it sucks )
    I know why the FF was canceled. But the concept is worn out.

This thread is for controversial opinions. You're not supposed to agree with them.

But that's a good idea.

BANNED

Superheroes with godlike powers never successfully sell solo comics, no matter how many times DC and Marvel stubbornly try it again. But a reasonably powered down SS as a new team member would give the dog-eared old FF concept a jolt of adrenaline and would generate many story possibilities.
    The only reason people like the Surfer is his off the charts power set. He has the personality and charisma of a chrome-plated Reed Richards.

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

The beat em up video game Final Fight Streetwise is a great video game and the common criticism is it has a cheesy story with why multiple persons judged it as a bad or awful video game which is extremely lame because most beat em up video games have a cheesy story.

The persons don't elaborate why is this a flaw which is why it is a flimsy criticism also not valid to judge the video game as bad or awful with that trait.

Beat em up video games have cheesy stories they didn't complain about that trait before this video game and they start to complain about that trait with Final Fight Streetwise for no reason other than the flimsy not valid reason because they can.

I know why the FF was canceled. But the concept is worn out.

This thread is for controversial opinions. You're not supposed to agree with them.

But that's a good idea.
    Why is that worn out. It is a super team that is also a family. And there were some really good comics published with them right up to when they were cancelled.
    Why are they worn out and not Spider-man or the Punisher or the X-Men?

Are we not allowed to challenge these opinions on this thread?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

BANNED

Why is that worn out. It is a super team that is also a family. And there were some really good comics published with them right up to when they were cancelled.

Yes, I know that Reed is a Jack Kirby guy. Geez. I get it that you like Reed. You should get it that I want him out of there. I posted that here because I didn't want to have to bicker about it.

If you think the comic is just fine, you're welcome to think so. But I'm not the only person who thinks it ran out of gas a long time ago.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/10/...fantastic-four
    Last edited by Trey Strain; 05-13-2018 at 08:54 AM.

Point one. The FF is not a worn out concept. Ideas like Sopranos and Breaking Bad combine family drama with another concept just as FF combines family and cosmic superheroing.

Point two. This is a controversial opinion thread. Most of these opinions should evoke WTF? reactions.

And the comic will keep sucking and not selling.
    Neither of these is true.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Point one. The FF is not a worn out concept. Ideas like Sopranos and Breaking Bad combine family drama with another concept just as FF combines family and cosmic superheroing.

Point two. This is a controversial opinion thread. Most of these opinions should evoke WTF? reactions.
    Not worn out, but...

That article that Trey put link to, made some valid points, I think.

The original Lee/ Kirby was dynamic. New characters constantly appeared, and the four principals matured and developed.

At some point somebody lost their nerve, and/or decided it was easier to press the Groundhog Day button, rather than move things forward.

I love the Fantastic Four. But way past time that Johnny became and stayed mature, Ben and Alicia either marry or split up, etc, etc. Certainly the kids should have grown up decades ago.

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    Not worn out, but...

The original Lee/ Kirby was dynamic. New characters constantly appeared, and the four principals matured and developed.

At some point somebody lost their nerve, and/or decided it was easier to press the Groundhog Day button, rather than move things forward.

I love the Fantastic Four. But way past time that Johnny became and stayed mature, Ben and Alicia either marry or split up, etc, etc. Certainly the kids should have grown up decades ago.
    There's a difference between bad concept and improperly utilizing it. With a franchise going on for over 50 years, it's easy to repeat and failing to move on.

Invincible Member

A store deciding to not sell your comic is not "bullying".

There's a difference between bad concept and improperly utilizing it. With a franchise going on for over 50 years, it's easy to repeat and failing to move on.
    Yes...that's it "easy".

But, of course, Fantastic Four is far from the only example we could both quote of mainstream super heroes "Groundhog Day".

In fact, pressing the reset button has become the norm. Put kindly decades ago mainstream super hero comics became just as much about brand management of the iconic characters as telling good stories.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    Not worn out, but...

Yeah, but you can say that to a more or lesser degree about every Marvel/DC property that has been around for half a century.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Yeah, but you can say that to a more or lesser degree about every Marvel/DC property that has been around for half a century.
    Lol...look at post I made directly above yours!

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

The FF concept is not family drama in the same vein Breaking Bad or Sopranos were, and I'd be willing to bet that if Marvel tried to use that style, there'd be pitchforks in front of Marvel offices. The style of family drama that the FF has almost always been is very out of date, imo. It really has never progressed from the mid-60s. I've never been able to relate to a single bit of it, and tbh, Ben is the only one of the "family" that I enjoy reading about... but mostly when he's apart from the family.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    I really don't believe you can to the same extent as the FF.
    Last edited by MyriVerse; 05-13-2018 at 02:04 PM.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier