Page 436 of 440 FirstFirst ... 336386426432433434435436437438439440 LastLast
Results 6,526 to 6,540 of 6590

It basically launched a genre. Anything that does that, even if you personally hate it, can't be considered bad by any objective measure.

Literature may have grown since then, (I couldn't get through it as a teenager, and I read encyclopedias in elementary school) but just because something is good doesn't mean everybody has to like it.

For example, I can't stand Tori Amos's music, even though I can tell she has real talent. It's just not to my taste. It doesn't make her bad, it just means it doesn't appeal to me. But my opinion isn't objective reality, it's my opinion.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 02-20-2024 at 08:03 PM.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    I tried to read “Lord of the Rings” twice a long time ago… and I just couldn’t. It was a time when I read about anything… apparently except that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post

Literature may have grown since then, (I couldn't get through it as a teenager, and I read encyclopedias in elementary school) but just because something is good doesn't mean everybody has to like it.
    I got through it in high school, but it wasn't easy. I think the lack of female characters had a lot to do with that. It's not that the ones that were there were badly written, it's that they were barely in the story.
    No pessimist ever discovered the secret of the stars, or sailed to an uncharted land, or opened a new doorway for the human spirit.
    - Helen Keller

I liked The Hobbit Better than THe Lord of the Rings books. I love the lore, I love the history of middle Earth, I loved the movies and play LotR video games. But I had a hard time getting into the books. There were some parts that just dragged on and were a bit boring. I would give it a C+s Maybe years later now that I am a lot more into fantasy I should give it another going over.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

I have never read the LOTR (though I have seen the movies numerous times), but I read The Hobbit back in the '80s and thought it was great. Countless fantasy books later, it was the one that started it all for me.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Extraordinary Member

Wow, maybe I have the controversial opinion here; I thought and always have that Lord of the Rings was absolutely sublime. Written by a scholar of the sort we hardly have these days. I never had trouble reading it, it was compelling enough to keep me riveted throughout. It balanced multiple themes, and put forth the best realized fantasy world of them all.

Tofutti tastes pretty decent.

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Without trying to step on any toes...

A deep dish is not a pizza.

It is clearly a casserole in a casserole dish that just happens to be edible.

No, it really isn't.
    Casseroles are not made to be eaten using hands, also going by logic and common sense people are not going to agree that Chicago Deep Dish pizza resembles Casserole instead of New York style pizza.

Unless I missed something casserole doesn't get baked in a pan lined with dough.

I assume you are using the very inane tired it's a casserole because of what Jon Stewart saying Chicago deep dish pizza isn't pizza it's casserole which greatly fails to he a sensible argument because of the glaring holes which are people do not eat casseroles using their hands, and if they do it becomes very messy much like eating Ice Cream using your hands.
    Using logic and common sense a person can't truthfully say a Chicago deep dish pizza resembles a casserole instead of New York Style Pizza which the haters accept as Pizza.
    Also, again a Chicago deep dish pizza gets baked in a pan lined with dough which is also used for other styles of pizza.

3 indisputable factual reasons why Chicago Deep Dish pizza is a casserole, not a pizza is a very inane statement.
    Chicago Deep Dish pizza is pizza, and I know I'm right about that.
    https://noequipmentfitness.com/
    No Equipment Fitness is my Online Fitness website where you can purchase short no equipment workouts.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon View Post
    No, it really isn't.
    Casseroles are not made to be eaten using hands, also going by logic and common sense people are not going to agree that Chicago Deep Dish pizza resembles Casserole instead of New York style pizza.

Unless I missed something casserole doesn't get baked in a pan lined with dough.

I assume you are using the very inane tired it's a casserole because of what Jon Stewart saying Chicago deep dish pizza isn't pizza it's casserole which greatly fails to he a sensible argument because of the glaring holes which are people do not eat casseroles using their hands, and if they do it becomes very messy much like eating Ice Cream using your hands.

Using logic and common sense a person can't truthfully say a Chicago deep dish pizza resembles a casserole instead of New York Style Pizza which the haters accept as Pizza.
    Also, again a Chicago deep dish pizza gets baked in a pan lined with dough which is also used for other styles of pizza.

3 indisputable factual reasons why Chicago Deep Dish pizza is a casserole, not a pizza is a very inane statement.
    Chicago Deep Dish pizza is pizza, and I know I'm right about that.
    No...

I said it because it obviously a casserole.

Grew up and live in Illinois.

If you honestly think that folks do not eat Pequod's with a fork all of the time, than you are just not up to speed.

They eat it with a fork because it obviously a casserole. Just a casserole that gets baked in an edible casserole pan.

For the uninitiated...

https://www.pmq.com/how-to-properly-...ep-dish-pizza/

How to properly eat Chicago deep-dish pizza
    But be warned, deep-dish is not meant for the hands and should not be folded. A fork is highly recommended, along with a knife. How to reheat the pizza is also addressed—it’s a common question when people take home leftovers from the restaurant.

Invincible Member

I actually like deep dish pizza.

I think trying to classify BLANK as something different in order to rile up fans of BLANK isn't edgy or witty, and shows an immature desire to upset others simply to upset others.

Three weeks to go so let's go with "If you can dye it green, the beer is unworthy of being part a St. Patrick's Day celebration".
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Three weeks to go so let's go with "If you can dye it green, the beer is unworthy of being part a St. Patrick's Day celebration".
    I think that might actually eliminate some of the stuff made by Guinness, so that can't be 100% true. If it's actually from Ireland (or at least made by an Irish owned brewer) I think it should get a pass.
    Dark does not mean deep.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

I think that might actually eliminate some of the stuff made by Guinness, so that can't be 100% true. If it's actually from Ireland (or at least made by an Irish owned brewer) I think it should get a pass.
    Yeah, I don't care what color it is, a pint of Guiness is what I want on St. Patrick's Day.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Extraordinary Member

I just drink either a pint of Guinness' ordinary stuff on St. Patrick's Day, or upgrade to a nice Irish coffee with a nice Bushmills. I've never tried it with my New Mexico Pinyon coffee, (flavored with pinyon), or my Cafe Du Monde chicory coffee, so I don't know if Irish coffee would work with those.