Page 432 of 440 FirstFirst ... 332382422428429430431432433434435436 ... LastLast
Results 6,466 to 6,480 of 6593

I also think Joker was not a good movie. Something that was discussed extensively in the movie's own thread.
    Being a hit does not make it good. Being a flop does not make it bad.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Most people consider a movie was bad because they didn’t like it.
    That is eventually what it comes down to. Do you like or dislike a movie? One can certainly argue aspects of a movie which help or hurt it, but the scales by which we gauge a movie vary and within each of us, we ourselves use multiple scales as to good/bad. The name Leni Riefenstahl is an excellent example of this with technical brilliance, but moral absence.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I also think Joker was not a good movie. Something that was discussed extensively in the movie's own thread.
    Being a hit does not make it good. Being a flop does not make it bad.
    Also, not making a billion dollars on opening weekend doesn't make a movie a flop. Unless it's got women in it.

There are movies I consider good, or at least not bad. That I don't like.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Most people consider a movie was bad because they didn’t like it.

What is the purpose of movies? Being entertaining? Most of them, yes and return on investment… and the receipts are worn… but not all. Sometimes it’s because someone really wants it to be made and he/she very much hopes people will like it.
    Sometimes some movies are just produced to appeal to either the lowest common denominator or some dumb uncultured twats who will cling to their favorite brand's proverbial dick.

But that's just me.

BANNED

Anyways continuing my list of unpopular/controversial opinions:

Tom Holland is the superior Spiderman to Andrew Garfield. I don't give a **** what anyone says. To hell with them.

Also for Monster Hunter: Nergigante is a better Elder Dragon than Alatreon.

And I think Dragon Ball GT’s fights are boring as****. If there's one highlight from that series that I can consider to be noteworthy, it would be the goddamned Super Saiyan 4 form for Goku.

BANNED

Also:

**** it, I'm going to say this ****, but I think Digimon is actually way better than Pokemon, even as an entire franchise overall.

Claire Redfield is the superior Resident Evil character to both Leon Kennedy and Chris Redfield.

Nemesis is the best Resident Evil villain rather than Albert Wesker.

Deuteros and Aspros are both the superior Geminis than Saga. Nuff said.

Superman is simply inferior to Richard Rider, both in power level and as a character.

The internet has the potential to be a great place of higher learning, but instead its full of people getting mad at others for things they never even said.

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

I've heard why the main antagonist Paul Serone doesn't steal the Boat with him and Mateo searching for the Anaconda instead of him deciding to manipulate Danny and the other protagonists is because then you wouldn't have a movie.
    I regard that reason as a very lame explanation for terrible writing.
    https://noequipmentfitness.com/
    No Equipment Fitness is my Online Fitness website where you can purchase short no equipment workouts.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    The internet has the potential to be a great place of higher learning, but instead its full of people getting mad at others for things they never even said.
    Internet is a great place to learn all sort of things…

If I meet annoying people, I just go somewhere else. Eventually, the real world is the only world that matters (or should matter).
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

It was very unwise that Disney decided to pay people and companies to give good reviews for the not-well-made movie The Marvels.

That was an exercise in futility because vast numbers of people and professional movie critics were going to see The Marvels after which they would be able to criticize why it is an objectively terrible quality movie which did happen.
    https://noequipmentfitness.com/
    No Equipment Fitness is my Online Fitness website where you can purchase short no equipment workouts.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon View Post
    It was very unwise that Disney decided to pay people and companies to give good reviews for the not-well-made movie The Marvels.

That was an exercise in futility because vast numbers of people and professional movie critics were going to see The Marvels after which they would be able to criticize why it is an objectively terrible quality movie which did happen.
    There's also the wokespotters that will trash anything that features female characters or anyone non-white, whether the film is good, or bad, even if that isn't the reason for it being bad. No amount of money will get them on board, but they will happily take the ammunition provided by paying for positive reviews from other sources.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon View Post

Is this like a fact, or pure speculation? It's the first time I hear of such a thing and google wasn't helpful. I am aware of the opposite happening to the first Captain Marvel movie which was review-bombed, though.
    The movie is coming to Disney+ this week, so I'm holding my breath for how objectively bad it turns out to be.
    Slava Ukraini!
    Truth and love must prevail over lies and hatred

Quote Originally Posted by Catlady in training View Post
    Is this like a fact, or pure speculation? It's the first time I hear of such a thing and google wasn't helpful. I am aware of the opposite happening to the first Captain Marvel movie which was review-bombed, though.
    The movie is coming to Disney+ this week, so I'm holding my breath for how objectively bad it turns out to be.
    It's not a great movie, but I quite enjoyed it and thought it fun.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Catlady in training View Post
    There are companies and even folks who do PAY for reviews to be done. They generally lurk on online job sites that don't require you to work for the company but do temp type work.

The website that I KNOW of that did it at least in the early 2000s is under a different name and I would have to hunt down my old e-mails to find the old name. Since I have gone blank the new name.

It's part of the reason why Amazon now restrict reviews to folks who actually BOUGHT stuff from them before you can do a review.

Like right now I can't do one until I buy at least 3-4 things from Amazon.