Page 301 of 440 FirstFirst ... 201251291297298299300301302303304305311351401 ... LastLast
Results 4,501 to 4,515 of 6586

I'm mostly using anecdotal evidence here, so I don't have all of the facts, but I mostly see other people being aggressive for no reason and why would anyone want that in their life? In looks standoffish and just isn't something anyone needs. Also, most people always complain about how people don't text, etc., when they don't do it themselves. I could go on.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    This looks like more of a you problem then a they problem. Not to read to much into it.
    How?

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    I'm mostly using anecdotal evidence here, so I don't have all of the facts, but I mostly see other people being aggressive for no reason and why would anyone want that in their life? In looks standoffish and just isn't something anyone needs. Also, most people always complain about how people don't text, etc., when they don't do it themselves. I could go on.

How?
    Just my experience that people who find it difficult to find friends, it usually isn't all those unworthy people. But I don't know your circumstances, so I can't speculate too much here.
    But you do notice others are saying the same thing to you.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

It feels like you're all repeating some sort of tautology that you picked up somewhere. It doesn't make any logical sense. People undeniably dislike others for no or very little reasons. This is a fact of life. With that premise, it's more logical to conclude that other people are the problem, not the individual. If the individual were the problem, then there wouldn't be as much talk about the "masses" as there is. It would be more of an individual focus.

People do not dislike people for no reason. They have reasons. They may be really stupid reasons, but reasons none the less.
    What about looking at why people like each other. There is no blind tautology here. It's just that all our problems are not because of others.

Your last sentence is a non sequitur. Talking about friendship is not related to "the masses".
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

No, it definitely is. Otherwise people could be friends with everybody.

Also, just saying something is a non sequitur doesn't make it so. Don't do that.

No, it definitely is. Otherwise people could be friends with everybody.

Also, just saying something is a non sequitur doesn't make it so. Don't do that.
    It's a non sequitur because we are talking about one on one relationships, not what "the masses" do, which is nonsensical anyway, because the masses is made of individuals who don't all act alike.

Some are friendly with everyone.

No, it's not because the masses have a tendency to all act the same way. Behavior is learned.

So, again, it's not just because you say it is.

No, it's not because the masses have a tendency to all act the same way. Behavior is learned.

So, again, it's not just because you say it is.
    The masses certainly don't all act the same way. There are groups that act one way or another, but even within groups there is diversity. Have you seen this country?
    Behavior might be learned, but that learning is different for each person.

Can you name someway the masses ALL act the same way?

They don't? Then how are they so easily manipulated?
    Make them afraid. Appeal to their cowardice and you'll see them respond the same.
    All you have to do is look at history, it's happened countless times. It's a nice thought that they don't, but come on.

They don't? Then how are they so easily manipulated?
    Make them afraid. Appeal to their cowardice and you'll see them respond the same.
    All you have to do is look at history, it's happened countless times. It's a nice thought that they don't, but come on.
    For some, not for others. Most Americans didn't fall for it the last four elections. They did not All respond the same.
    Give me a instance when everybody acted the same way.

You do realize the masses isn't "literally everyone" right? That's why it's referred to as "the masses".

BANNED

How?
    It feels like you're all repeating some sort of tautology that you picked up somewhere. It doesn't make any logical sense. People undeniably dislike others for no or very little reasons. This is a fact of life. With that premise, it's more logical to conclude that other people are the problem, not the individual. If the individual were the problem, then there wouldn't be as much talk about the "masses" as there is. It would be more of an individual focus.
    As far as aggressive/abrasive people I personally tend to embrace and seek them out. It's usually a sign of honesty. Sometimes it's a sign of mental illness and poor social skills, but depending on the person that can be overlooked. On the other hand you have people who seem warm and friendly and are great at pretending to be supportive and uplifting but really are dishonest and are attempting to manipulate people. Again, sometimes they are genuine but I find that sadly they're outnumbered by people who know it's easier to go along to get along. Of the two, I'll take abrasive/"toxic" people over flattering and friendly manipulators any day. But I can understand not being comfortable with that, and preferring the shallow but pleasant interactions of those other folk.

As to other people being the problem, and assuming as the individual you're in the clear when it comes to blame, that seems like a coping mechanism to deny being rejected by others. It's an understandable one, but to butcher an old phrase, “If you run into an ******* in the morning, you ran into an *******. If you run into assholes all day, you're the *******.”

You do realize the masses isn't "literally everyone" right? That's why it's referred to as "the masses".
    It's not even most, it's some people in some places. The masses is usually a derogatory term for the working class used by the ******* rich elite.

From this limited, and perhaps misleading exchange.. It seems your view of humanity and people in general are part of the problem, whether you see it or not. But you gotta live your own life.

Quote Originally Posted by CSTowle View Post
    As to other people being the problem, and assuming as the individual you're in the clear when it comes to blame, that seems like a coping mechanism to deny being rejected by others. It's an understandable one, but to butcher an old phrase, “If you run into an ******* in the morning, you ran into an *******. If you run into assholes all day, you're the *******.”
    Being rejected by others for what? This discussion isn't about dating.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    It's not even most, it's some people in some places.
    From this limited, and perhaps misleading exchange.. It seems your view of humanity and people in general are part of the problem, whether you see it or not. But you gotta live your own life.
    No, it’s absolutely most. It seems your view of humanity and people has been shaped by propaganda and romantic notions. Which the only thing wrong with that is that it’s incredibly naive.
    Last edited by TheRay; 09-23-2021 at 07:02 PM.

My dad is in the other room watching reruns and it is very loud. So I have to say this.

Mork and Mindy is not a funny show. And I can not think of any Robin Williams stuff that I have ever found funny.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.