Page 441 of 441 FirstFirst ... 341391431437438439440441
Results 6,601 to 6,609 of 6609

Many comedians are now making millions on their stand ups while claiming they are being silenced. They usually start by saying some version of "You can't say this or that nowadays", then proceed to say that for the next 30 minutes while being applauded.
    It's like a new type of comedy, only the audience is blind to the actual meta joke.
    Slava Ukraini!
    Truth and love must prevail over lies and hatred

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Catlady in training View Post
    Many comedians are now making millions on their stand ups while claiming they are being silenced. They usually start by saying some version of "You can't say this or that nowadays", then proceed to say that for the next 30 minutes while being applauded.
    It's like a new type of comedy, only the audience is blind to the actual meta joke.
    Tell me about it. These days every other comedian, influencer, or pundit has a TV special or book called "Triggered" or "Woke, blah blah.." It's easy money right now.

Dave Chapell has become Lennie Bruce when his whole act was reading court transcripts. But Lennie was actually arrested and hounded, Chapell gets a Netflix special to tell us he is being silenced for being an a$$hole about Trans people.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Catlady in training View Post
    There was more of a point when it was called 7 words you can't say on television and George Carlin was saying it.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

I recall seeing Chris Stuckmann going with the ridiculous philosophy let's not criticize objectively terrible movies because making movies is challenging or hard. That's a very lame reason for the whole don't criticize terrible movies which is like wearing rose-colored glasses.
    When humans are pleased with terrible movies then the norm is likely to be the Anderson Resident Evil Movies, Battlefield Earth, Green Lantern, and other awful movies in that league.

The entire point of criticism of movies shows that humans have standards of what they'll support and what they won't support financially, also the criticisms are likely to result in well-made movies instead of stinkers like the Anderson Resident Evil movies.
    https://noequipmentfitness.com/
    No Equipment Fitness is my Online Fitness website where you can purchase short no equipment workouts.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon View Post
    I recall seeing Chris Stuckmann going with the ridiculous philosophy let's not criticize objectively terrible movies because making movies is challenging or hard. That's a very lame reason for the whole don't criticize terrible movies which is like wearing rose-colored glasses.
    When humans are pleased with terrible movies then the norm is likely to be the Anderson Resident Evil Movies, Battlefield Earth, Green Lantern, and other awful movies in that league.

The entire point of criticism of movies shows that humans have standards of what they'll support and what they won't support financially, also the criticisms are likely to result in well-made movies instead of stinkers like the Anderson Resident Evil movies.
    I don't think dumping on something that is really just a fun film despite it not being what would qualify as grand cinema is missing the point. Big Trouble in Little China, The 5th Element, and films like that aren't exactly "good", as some of the acting is so hammy the only thing that keeps you involved is the fact that it is so OBVIOUS that everyone there is enjoying themselves that you can't help enjoying it too.

"It does what it set out to do, and did it well" isn't the sign of a bad film in my eyes, even if it isn't going to be considered great, and critics who can't understand that in my eyes should find new jobs.
    Dark does not mean deep.

If I had a nickel for a comedian being billed as the one who says the things the others are too scared to say I would be rich enough for AOC to want to take 80 percent of my money in taxes.

That may have been a celver tag line at one point but when every stand up comedian bills themselves as being the edgiest of the edgy it just gets old and worn out and I could care less.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    If I had a nickel for a comedian being billed as the one who says the things the others are too scared to say I would be rich enough for AOC to want to take 80 percent of my money in taxes.

That may have been a celver tag line at one point but when every stand up comedian bills themselves as being the edgiest of the edgy it just gets old and worn out and I could care less.
    Nice dig at someone who wants taxes to be fair again, before Reaganomics started bankrupting the country and letting Billionaires pay virtually no taxes. But it was an easy shot.

Wealthiest Americans pay just 3.4% of income in taxes, investigation reveals

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...-investigation
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Nice dig at someone who wants taxes to be fair again, before Reaganomics started bankrupting the country and letting Billionaires pay virtually no taxes. But it was an easy shot.

Wealthiest Americans pay just 3.4% of income in taxes, investigation reveals

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...-investigation
    Knowing how Blob handles other topics, I don't think it was a dig at AOC, but a shot at wannabe edgelord comedians who wind up being pizza cutters - all edge and no point.
    Dark does not mean deep.