Page 306 of 439 FirstFirst ... 206256296302303304305306307308309310316356406 ... LastLast
Results 4,576 to 4,590 of 6583
    BANNED

I had to sit through the new "Dune" movie, and the main character looked a bit like Kylo's younger brother. Oddly styled hair, definitely had some product that held up in desert conditions somehow. Not the worst part of the movie, but there was a lot to choose from in that department (though I knew going in with two of the draws being Dave Bautista and Jason Momoa it wasn't going to be enjoyable for me).

Quote Originally Posted by CSTowle View Post
    I had to sit through the new "Dune" movie, and the main character looked a bit like Kylo's younger brother. Oddly styled hair, definitely had some product that held up in desert conditions somehow. Not the worst part of the movie, but there was a lot to choose from in that department (though I knew going in with two of the draws being Dave Bautista and Jason Momoa it wasn't going to be enjoyable for me).
    I was equally unimpressed by the film, and bored a lot.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Kylo Ren/Ben Solo from the Star Wars movies would be the best bet at recognition.
    Not to somebody who never saw them.

I only saw the first three Star Wars movies (Parts 4, 5, and 6 I guess) when they were originally released and enjoyed those. Never bothered with the other later entries, not even on home video.

When it comes to the die hard movies. U think that Die Hard 2 and Live Free or Die hard are way better then part 1!
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

No, both good movies, but not better. And no love for Die Hard with a Vengeance?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    No, both good movies, but not better. And no love for Die Hard with a Vengeance?
    To be honest I did not care for that as much. I liked it just not as much as 1,2, and 4
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    To be honest I did not care for that as much. I liked it just not as much as 1,2, and 4
    Hmm? Ranking the Die Hard movies. Okay. 1,3,4,2,5 3&4 are very close and could change places on re-watching.

Hmm? Ranking the Die Hard movies. Okay. 1,3,4,2,5 3&4 are very close and could change places on re-watching.
    For me it is 2,4,1,3,5 5 is almost unwatchable for me. What was it about part 3 that ranks it second for you? And why is number 1 listed as the best for you?

I have to step out. I will post an answer tomorrow.

I have to step out. I will post an answer tomorrow.
    Fair. Have a great night

Extraordinary Member

Die Hard 1 was the best of that lot, but better than any of the other Die Hard movies as action movies are First Blood and also Death Hunt. Those are my three best action movies ever.

Last edited by achilles; 10-23-2021 at 05:06 PM.

BANNED

To interject my own Die Hard opinion (1, 3, 2, everything else) I'd say the reason I like 3 over 2 (though I seem to be higher on 2 than many in my friend circle of an age to have experienced them) is the buddy copy dynamic with Samuel L. You'd think his schtick would get tiresome, but for me I can hear a good angry "Motherf##ker!" in just about anything. And the way they're introduced is just a great scene, though as a white fella I can understand why that might be an upsetting one to some and why it'd likely never happen today. I think they handled it well, though. Also, Jeremy Irons is a bit much at times but he was an OK fill-in for Hans.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CSTowle View Post
    To interject my own Die Hard opinion (1, 3, 2, everything else) I'd say the reason I like 3 over 2 (though I seem to be higher on 2 than many in my friend circle of an age to have experienced them) is the buddy copy dynamic with Samuel L. You'd think his schtick would get tiresome, but for me I can hear a good angry "Motherf##ker!" in just about anything. And the way they're introduced is just a great scene, though as a white fella I can understand why that might be an upsetting one to some and why it'd likely never happen today. I think they handled it well, though. Also, Jeremy Irons is a bit much at times but he was an OK fill-in for Hans.
    Trying to fill the shoes of Alan Rickman was always going to be problematic, but Irons was about as good as they were going to get in that role. And I never, ever tire of Samuel L. Jackson saying that, or indeed doing any of his Samuel L. Jacksonisms.

There's a reason that guy gets all that work, he's earned it. You cast Sir Anthony Hopkins when you want great acting that classes up the project, and you cast Jackson when you need a cool though usually supporting character. I even like him in lead roles, such as his underappreciated version of Shaft.

I will start with saying I saw each Die Hard in the theater when they came out, so that experience is part of my opinion of the movies. So I start with 1, a great and original movie. For those who came to the Die Hard series later, after seeing the many Die Hard clones made in it's wake, you wouldn't know how thrilling it was seeing it without any foreknowledge. #1 will always #1.
    Then there is #3, loved the team up with Jackson, the various puzzles were clever and it was one of the few movies I have seen that got the geography of NYC right.
    4 was great fun with a cool plot. There were one or two scenes. like the Harrier Jet, that were too over the top and took me out of the movie.
    2 was an okay action film, but it felt like they shoe horned McClane into a story they already had, which is actually what they did.
    5 was a bit of a hot mess with the Russian setting the best thing about it.

For me I think the reason I love part 2 so much more is because I just really loved the cast. William Sadler and Fred Dalton Thomson are 2 long time favorites of mine. Dennis Franz did a great job as the ******* "We will do things my way even though I dont fully understand what is going on or how to handle it." yea his type of charater is in a lot of movies but he did a great job of doing it with out turning the character into a joke figure. John Almos as the hardnosed Special Forces Leader who is really a bad guy? So great! And I am a huge Colm Meany fan so I really loved seeing him in it even if it was just a 2 minute scene where he died!