Page 307 of 440 FirstFirst ... 207257297303304305306307308309310311317357407 ... LastLast
Results 4,591 to 4,605 of 6586
    BANNED

I did really like the scene in 2 where the military guys were talking about their exploits and the young kid said something like, "Wish I'd been with you guys" and the main guy says, "Yeah, I wish you were to."

Quote Originally Posted by CSTowle View Post
    I did really like the scene in 2 where the military guys were talking about their exploits and the young kid said something like, "Wish I'd been with you guys" and the main guy says, "Yeah, I wish you were to."
    "Then we wouldnt have to do this." Then they cut his throat! Hardcore!
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I will start with saying I saw each Die Hard in the theater when they came out, so that experience is part of my opinion of the movies. So I start with 1, a great and original movie. For those who came to the Die Hard series later, after seeing the many Die Hard clones made in it's wake, you wouldn't know how thrilling it was seeing it without any foreknowledge. #1 will always #1.
    Then there is #3, loved the team up with Jackson, the various puzzles were clever and it was one of the few movies I have seen that got the geography of NYC right.
    4 was great fun with a cool plot. There were one or two scenes. like the Harrier Jet, that were too over the top and took me out of the movie.
    2 was an okay action film, but it felt like they shoe horned McClane into a story they already had, which is actually what they did.
    5 was a bit of a hot mess with the Russian setting the best thing about it.
    This is my ranking as well, but I think I liked 4 a lot less. 2 felt almost like an unintended parody of 80's action movies. 5 had one scene I liked which was the visual of McCain and his son falling the the floors of that one building, but yeah..."hot mess" is a good way to describe it.

Almost every solo Rob Schneider film insists upon itself.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    I dont remember? Was he in The Godfather?
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

I see that name in the cast as anything other than a cameo and I know not to bother watching.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    On another Earth.

He was in Godfather II, he was the guy that moved the drapes in Michael's room just before the assassination attempt.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I see that name in the cast as anything other than a cameo and I know not to bother watching.
    Kind of my exact reaction.

His movies are pretty bad. But I wouldnt say they insist upon themselves because they have no point they are trying to make.

All of Denis Villeneuve's movies insist upon themselves.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

His movies are pretty bad. But I wouldnt say they insist upon themselves because they have no point they are trying to make.
    I’d say they do have a point, but the point sucks and wasn’t worth making a movie about.

I’d say they do have a point, but the point sucks and wasn’t worth making a movie about.
    If they have a point I would love to know what it is. none of the movies ever took themselves seriously or thought they were more then dumb comedies. Unless you count the movies he was in with Adam Sandler but then again those arnt Rob Movies.

A Show that does insist upon itself is South Park, It used to be good but they got so wrapped up in making a message or mocking current events they try to mock current events and people but they forgot the most important part. Humor!

Okay, maybe I can give you that one, but the people that like those movies certainly think there’s something deeper to them.

Okay, maybe I can give you that one, but the people that like those movies certainly think there’s something deeper to them.
    That would be a case of the fans taking the movies more seriously then the people who made them. Rob has said many times while he enjoyed making the movies and that he enjoys most of them he knows just what they are and he accepts that. He has often joked about his movies.

People can find deeper meaning in whatever they want and thats all good on them whatever helps them enjoy it more.