Page 190 of 440 FirstFirst ... 90140180186187188189190191192193194200240290 ... LastLast
Results 2,836 to 2,850 of 6586

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Facebook (and other big social media sites) is inherently a shitshow and a toxic breeding ground for hate because it refuses to actually moderate itself citing its "Impossible" whilst relying on shitty algorithms to try and do the job that they could actively pay a human being to do. Now I'm not stupid, I realise an entire skyscraper full of people wouldnt be able to.begin to moderate that much content entirely. But it would certainly do a damn sight better job then its terrible system.
    I'm in the camp that avoids anything to do with Facebook. Not because of assholes but the lack of willinness to take responsability for the spread of misinformation and hateful ideas. Yes, it may take a scyscraper full of people to police the content, but Mark Zuckerberg is the richest person in the world and he can afford it.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    I'm in the camp that avoids anything to do with Facebook. Not because of assholes but the lack of willinness to take responsability for the spread of misinformation and hateful ideas. Yes, it may take a scyscraper full of people to police the content, but Mark Zuckerberg is the richest person in the world and he can afford it.
    Exactly. Its not hard to deal with it. Its just greed and laziness.

Mighty Member

Lucy Van Pelt is one of my favorite characters.

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    I also avoid it because so many prospective employers demand full access to your social media now. I just don't have any.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I also avoid it because so many prospective employers demand full access to your social media now. I just don't have any.
    I'm mixed on that frankly. Its mostly just "Dont talk about doing illegal **** or shitting on our company" which is fair enough. Its when buisnesses suddenly start going "Well you cant have X opinion so no job for you" is when it an issue

DARKSEID LAUGHS... Crazy Diamond's Avatar

Automated toilets and faucets are more trouble then they are worth. Once the novelty wears off you get the following:
    a) A sink/toilet that won't work because the sensor is broken
    b) A sink/toilet that won't work because the manufacturer didn't test with people with dark skin or long clothes or what not
    c) A toilet which still ends up with the last person's **** in it because the sensor didn't go off to flush and they couldn't see the button to push it so it would flush
    d) A toilet which STILL ends up clogged

When the "disruption" of tech collapses on itself the resulting burst of the bubble will be way more devastating.

The same people who talk about freedom of speech in Hong Kong and get up in arms about anti-mask laws in Hong Kong didn't have **** to say when protesters were being beat in the streets right here in the USA and cheered on the same mask laws being passed in various states in the US.

That being said it's messed up that a company can take away your winnings and censor you because they don't want to mess up their profits but that's capitalism for you.

Economics is the only science I can think of where your theories can fail over and over again and yet you are not discredited.

I don’t think any of the Star Wars films are bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Diamond View Post
    Economics is the only science I can think of where your theories can fail over and over again and yet you are not discredited.
    Thats because economics isnt a hard science its a soft science.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Diamond View Post
    Thats because economics isnt a hard science its a soft science.
    Science is not about the findings, but about systematized processes of discovery. "Hard" scientific findings get overturned too, just not as often because their phenomena tend to be easier to observe.

Economics does not work with a consensus of scientist, or reproducing results they way other sciences do. They often hold onto theories that have little or no observable results, other than badly cherry picked ones: See Cato and Hoover Institutes as illustrations. Plus the entire Friedman/Chicago School.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    Conversely, I think they are all bad.

BANNED

The Yo-Yo Ball was criminally underrated.

The Force Awakenings was pretty bad. It had the same plot as A New Hope and that really angered me. Waiting decades for a bad remake.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Agreed, and I'll go further-- I like Jar Jar.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Not DC Comics, but DC Animation. Superman the Animated Series was better than Batman the Animated Series.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!