Page 193 of 193 FirstFirst ... 93143183189190191192193
Results 2,881 to 2,895 of 2895

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    Everyone is an atheist. The only difference is that some atheists disbelieve in one more god than the rest.
    Yeah, that is much better said.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Fantastic Member TriggerWarning's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Yeah, that is much better said.
    I stole it from Dan Brown the author.

His book Origin is largely about the atheist vs christian viewpoints of creation and this was a saying of the main atheist character.

His book Origin is largely about the atheist vs christian viewpoints of creation and this was a saying of the main atheist character.
    I even like it and I consider myself one of the faithful, even if I don't go to church anymore(I can't remember the last time I felt like a church had anything to do with Jesus after my grandfather had to retire from preaching).
    "Theory: The Phoenix doesn't corrupt the characters, it corrupts the authors." Gambit, King of Thieves

Astonishing Member

I remember it floating around on the internet as a Ricky Gervais quote long before then.

All Dan Brown's Robert Langdon books are the same and have gotten very boring and predictable.
    Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

So, with my shoulders slumped in defeat and my reputation battered, I'm forced to recant my earlier hubris. An element of doubt has crept into my worldview. The Earth could be flat after all.

What changed? I finally came across a highly intelligent and convincing Flat Earther. There is a fellow in South Dakota that is performing experimentations out of his shed that are putting the scientific community to shame. Previously, I'd been under the impression that all Flat Earthers were credulous buffoons whose idea of 'research' was to watch the same old stupid Youtube videos. Not so. I'm almost afraid to post this video as I'm wary of the paradigm shift in human understanding that could ensue:

Flat Out. Better than Caltech. If that's not controversial then I don't know what is.

Yep, pure genius.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Fantastic Member

I wish more films got sequels.

Boisterously Confused

AMC (the cable network, not the theatre chain) should change its name. When you're all about TV shows, you ain't a movie classics business no more.
    Last edited by DrNewGod; 08-13-2019 at 04:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    Kid Rock is due some penicillin.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners Thread So much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
    "Being politically incorrect shouldn't be a matter of pride. It's the last gasp of the wrong side of history." - Unknown
    "By all means, compare these s**t-heads to Nazis." - Mike Godwin referring to the protesters in Charlottesville.

Fantastic Member

Muse should be a way bigger deal.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    This thread is for controversial opinions, not statements of fact.
    "Theory: The Phoenix doesn't corrupt the characters, it corrupts the authors." Gambit, King of Thieves

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    Are they not? I'm not sure how popular they are over in the States but Muse are a big deal over here in Europe.

It's not an exact fit but I always saw them as a millennial Rush. Black Holes & Revelations was a superb album.

Fantastic Member

I have not heard anyone say anything about Muse (good, bad, indifferent) in a very long time, maybe never.
    It is gratifying to hear that they are getting their due somewhere, though.
    It's always good to be reminded that there are other markets besides the US, in which something that I would think would be big over here are actually big.