Page 204 of 440 FirstFirst ... 104154194200201202203204205206207208214254304 ... LastLast
Results 3,046 to 3,060 of 6586
    Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post
    I wonder if the filter masks are effective protection against the corona virus?
    Surgical masks are designed to protect patients from the wearer. Still, better than nothing.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    Not sure what you're getting at here.
    If the rich can automate everything the poor have to offer, and equip drones with weapons to suppress rebellion, doesn't the whole French Revolution Scenario get a new ending?

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    One more reason not to support him...
    Among many.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

At least Bloomberg is clear on his gun control policy. I believe he will have a plan to prevent gun violence. That is one good reason to support his bid for presidency.

Why Conservatives hate Weed I'll never know, whilst I'm not a fan myself itd make a TON of money and the GOP love 'em some cash. Its also better for you then Alcohol or Cigarettes.

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Why Conservatives hate Weed I'll never know, whilst I'm not a fan myself itd make a TON of money and the GOP love 'em some cash. Its also better for you then Alcohol or Cigarettes.
    Several former Republicans including Gary Johnson, Lincoln Chafee and Bill Weld support the decriminalization of weed. Gary Johnson used medical marijuana to treat and control the pain from his injuries.

They can sure tax the weed.
    Last edited by Zauriel; 02-19-2020 at 01:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post
    It is controversial to the conservatives. That is why most red states ban marijuana. Trump, Pence and Sessions are against marijuana. Marijuana is also illegal on the federal level.

Most of the democratic presidential candidates including Bloomberg and even Tulsi Gabbard support the legalization of pot on the federal level.
    Biden thinks it is a "gate way" drug and is very opposed to its legalization.
    Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    The problem is there are too many people who believe if you're on the other side of the political divide, you must be either evil, stupid, and/or crazy. It's impossible to have a meaningful conversation at that point.
    Precisely. Jumping to such an extreme, basically idealistic conclusion does nobody any favors. It is not possible to come up with any blanket descriptions of anyone on either side.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    If the rich can automate everything the poor have to offer, and equip drones with weapons to suppress rebellion, doesn't the whole French Revolution Scenario get a new ending?
    My point was that billionaires and corporations can exercise power over our government indirectly through campaign contributions and lobbying, leaving the appearance of a fair system in place. The result is almost always an increase profits while paying less in taxes. The average taxpayer must actually foot the bill for running the government while their influence is lessened.
    I'd meant this as a counter-argument to Jim Kelly's idea that it's in the best interest of the rich to support a functioning democracy because it saves money. My idea being that it doesn't actually need to function fairly - it just needs to look like it does.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Ronin View Post
    Biden thinks it is a "gate way" drug and is very opposed to its legalization.
    Biden isn't the only one.
    There are a lot of politicians who always tell us "drugs are very bad, they make us lazy and indolent, drugs corrupt our kids and break our families." in their anti-drug ads sponsored by the White House Office of National Drug Control Policy. The office should be abolished for being a waste of taxpayer dollars

The Director of the Office of National Drug Control Policy was a cabinet-level position from 1993 to 2009.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Office...Control_Policy

I hope marijuana is a better safer alternative than Meth. Can you fight drugs with drugs? After all, meth was invented to cure or treat morphine addiction. When morphine was introduced to treat wounded soldiers, some of them got addicted to morphine.

I also believe legalizing marijuana will drive cartels out of business. When the federal government prohibited alcohol, the black market thrived and benefited from the Prohibition of alcohol. When alcohol was made legal again, the Black Market stopped selling bootlegged alcohol.

Weed is only a gateway drug if the dealer can actually offer you stronger stuff and you have an addictive personality, afaik it doesn't cause a chemical dependancy

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Weed is only a gateway drug if the dealer can actually offer you stronger stuff and you have an addictive personality, afaik it doesn't cause a chemical dependancy
    It's been proven not to.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

Invincible Member

Why are some people trying to turn the Sonic movie vs the Birds of Prey movie into a thing?

^^Because "geek" culture is fucking dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    The problem is there are too many people who believe if you're on the other side of the political divide, you must be either evil, stupid, and/or crazy. It's impossible to have a meaningful conversation at that point. Mot that you're point doesn't have merit, of course.
    Because politicians decided to weaponize our opinions so we'd fight each other, instead of them.