Page 380 of 440 FirstFirst ... 280330370376377378379380381382383384390430 ... LastLast
Results 5,686 to 5,700 of 6590

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    I've described Chicago deep dish pizza as a quiche made with mozzarella cheese instead of eggs.
    I didn't think quiche normally had as thick a dough crust as a Chicago deep dish pizza.

I am very fond of margherita pizza for three simple ingredient toppings which represent the colors of the Italian flag. Red for tomato sauce, white for cheese and green for basil leaves

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I bought a used car in 2020. I ended up only going to authorized dealers. because the few used car lots I tried were so sleazy.
    Your experience reinforces the stereotype that the used car dealers make sleaze look respectable.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    This Family Guy Moment comes to mind.

As a New Yorker, I would say this is true.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Pizza is an inappropriate food to celebrate pi day with.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Pizza is an inappropriate food to celebrate pi day with.
    How is it not perfect. Being a circle and and a pie?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Just don't order it a la mode. Unless it's one of those dessert pizzas.
    Dark does not mean deep.

It falls on the "use of the word, but still" side of things. See "Shepard's Pie".

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Just don't order it a la mode. Unless it's one of those dessert pizzas.
    Pizza a la mode is an ... interesting thought.

Extraordinary Member

Speaking of pies… America should abandon the apple pie and return to the original “As American as _____ pie” example, the mince-meat pie - and no, not the modern mince-meat pie that’s most dried fruits and brandy, but mostly *actual* meat that’s been mixed with beef fat and sugar and that was know to “reliably caused indigestion, provoked nightmares, and commonly afflicted the overindulgent with disordered thinking, hallucinations, and sometimes death.”

It ain’t American if doesn’t kill somebody!

/s
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    Speaking of pies… America should abandon the apple pie and return to the original “As American as _____ pie” example, the mince-meat pie - and no, not the modern mince-meat pie that’s most dried fruits and brandy, but mostly *actual* meat that’s been mixed with beef fat and sugar and that was know to “reliably caused indigestion, provoked nightmares, and commonly afflicted the overindulgent with disordered thinking, hallucinations, and sometimes death.”

It ain’t American if doesn’t kill somebody!

/s
    The good thing about this is there's no worry about what to celebrate next year's Pi Day with.

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Whether AI will ever become sentient is an irrelevant question. Eventually (if not already) big tech will create AI that can completely convince people that it is sentient. This combined with the human tendency to anthropomorphize everything they see will create a world where large percentages of the population will treat AI like a sentient being whether it is or not.

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

To be honest I'm kinda over the Jeffrey Epstein thing. It became a weird obsession of people linking him to politicians and celebrities they don't like (be it Trump, or Clinton, and even Naomi Campbell!). Same with Harvey Weinstein. It's just starting to look like another quasi-pizzagate with people on the left and the right trying to tie it to everyone and everything under the sun. Especially after Epstein died. But to be frank I think with the Epstein and Maxwell legal case, what you see is what you get and nothing more.

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Madam-Shogun-Assassin View Post
    I think with the Epstein and Maxwell legal case, what you see is what you get and nothing more.
    Kinda like the Mueller investigation.
    Rest in Peace mom, we love you and still miss you.
    8-29-53/11-30-21

Quote Originally Posted by Madam-Shogun-Assassin View Post
    To be honest I'm kinda over the Jeffrey Epstein thing. It became a weird obsession of people linking him to politicians and celebrities they don't like (be it Trump, or Clinton, and even Naomi Campbell!). Same with Harvey Weinstein. It's just starting to look like another quasi-pizzagate with people on the left and the right trying to tie it to everyone and everything under the sun. Especially after Epstein died. But to be frank I think with the Epstein and Maxwell legal case, what you see is what you get and nothing more.
    I Will agree with you here. I keep hearing everyone from Trump to Clinton, Chrissy Tiegen, All these singers.

I mean Maxwell got dinged for 20 years. If she had all of this info and all these names and evidence wouldnt she have saved her own butt and drop the dime? And they raided his island and all of his homes. If there was evidence a lot more people would be in jail.

Kind of sick of the

Deep State Left/Right wing/ Hollywood Cabal cover ups and all this crap. Aint nothing new going to come out Shows over and go home.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    Whether AI will ever become sentient is an irrelevant question. Eventually (if not already) big tech will create AI that can completely convince people that it is sentient. This combined with the human tendency to anthropomorphize everything they see will create a world where large percentages of the population will treat AI like a sentient being whether it is or not.
    AI is a concept people love to think about but it's going to be nothing but dreams for a very, very long time. Take video games for example, people often talk about how clever or not the "AI" of the game is.

But see, there is no "AI" at all. And even less one who would think while playing against you.

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    AI is a concept people love to think about but it's going to be nothing but dreams for a very, very long time. Take video games for example, people often talk about how clever or not the "AI" of the game is.

But see, there is no "AI" at all. And even less one who would think while playing against you.
    I disagree. It may just be our respective definitions of "AI", but every If/Then statement in programming is a micro piece of "AI". Sure, current versions of this are primitive and simplistic, but this is all just programming. Chess is probably a game which has dealt with game programs in the most public versions. Computer versions have beaten some of the best players on the planet. Our intelligence basically allows us to reference our memories (data) and make decisions (scoring and optimizing options).