Page 231 of 440 FirstFirst ... 131181221227228229230231232233234235241281331 ... LastLast
Results 3,451 to 3,465 of 6586

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Ditto, but he's done pretty well for himself. More power to him.
    Oh it sure is nice to see different types of profiles in big budget hollywood movies. Kudos to the ones who hired him for the star wars movies, that actually was a ballsy move. I mean, when he first removed his helmet in force awakens i was like "oh, maybe you should put that thing back on, son".

More power to him indeed.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Some store brands taste better than Coca Cola.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Some store brands taste better than Coca Cola.
    That is because they are name brands using different names.

While it would take research you can find out who really makes what brand.

For those that remember Pay Less Shoes in the 90s there were these shoes (maybe Shaq's) that look EXACTLY like Nike without the swoosh.

They were called Attack Force and I think Shaq might have used them. Some NBA player did endorse them.

DARKSEID LAUGHS... Crazy Diamond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    Tackles shouldn't be allowed in football. (soccer)

Needlessly dangerous and as my old coach used to say : a defender stays on his feet.
    But how would you steal the ball other than intercepting passes?

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

I'm not a sportsing type of person, but as far as sports goes, I'm pretty sure all sports officials can be totally automized at this point. This, and the risk of spectator injury needs to be brought to zero. No more baseballs braining people or anything. I think that's everything sports I care about.

But I'm extremely pro-automation and AI. Don't really care about flying cars ever, but I really wanted more robots by 2020.

I do like being able to drive myself though. If I wanted someone else to drive, I'd take a bus/taxi.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    That is because they are name brands using different names.

While it would take research you can find out who really makes what brand.

For those that remember Pay Less Shoes in the 90s there were these shoes (maybe Shaq's) that look EXACTLY like Nike without the swoosh.

They were called Attack Force and I think Shaq might have used them. Some NBA player did endorse them.
    I worked in a potato chip factory in my HS days and we made store brand in addition to our brand name products. The ability of a producer to sell a much larger amount of product to a chain makes the lack of a brand much less of a factor.

Thomas the Tank Engine should go back to being LBSC 70.

Spectacular Member Kuro no Shinigami's Avatar

In the aftermath of a hurricane or tornado that wrecked their houses, people are rebuilding their houses.

I don't understand why they are still rebuilding their wrecked houses and living in the path of a hurricane or a tornado.

why would anyone want to live in New Orleans that is few feet below sea level? The only thing that stands between the city and the sea are the man-made levees constructed by the United States Army Corps of Engineers

Quote Originally Posted by Kuro no Shinigami View Post
    In the aftermath of a hurricane or tornado that wrecked their houses, people are rebuilding their houses.

I don't understand why they are still rebuilding their wrecked houses and living in the path of a hurricane or a tornado.

why would anyone want to live in New Orleans that is few feet below sea level? The only thing that stands between the city and the sea are the man-made levees constructed by the United States Army Corps of Engineers
    I never understood that. There is a guy in my area. Lives by the river and his road floods bad every two years. he was on the news last year after a big rain. His house his flooded again. And he said well I am going to rebuild. This is the 5th time in 8 years my house has flooded. THe 5th time I have had to replace my media room in my basement which makes me sad because I just got my 60 inch flatscreen. Why not move? And if you are going to live there and the house floods every few year why the Hell are you putting you media room in your basement?
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Cherry Coke is the best soft drink ever made and Mt. Dew is the second best.

Foldgers instant coffee with one scoop of sugar and a shot of French V creamer is a way better coffee drink then anything Starbucks can put out.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    I worked in a potato chip factory in my HS days and we made store brand in addition to our brand name products. The ability of a producer to sell a much larger amount of product to a chain makes the lack of a brand much less of a factor.
    Brands have the most power when decisions are rushed, information is scarce, or the customer is more interested in the "what it says about me" than the "what does it do" of a product.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Kuro no Shinigami View Post

Home is home. I don't live in NOLA, and wouldn't want to. But there are people that feel a part of the place, and wouldn't live anywhere else. That's true for almost every community I expect.

I am watching hurricane coverage. I am floored by how many people are saying "Well I am shocked. I didnt expect it to be this bad." Umm How many hurricanes have hit the aera in the last few years. how many days has the news been going on about Sally? Idiots.

Spectacular Member Kuro no Shinigami's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I never understood that. There is a guy in my area. Lives by the river and his road floods bad every two years. he was on the news last year after a big rain. His house his flooded again. And he said well I am going to rebuild. This is the 5th time in 8 years my house has flooded. THe 5th time I have had to replace my media room in my basement which makes me sad because I just got my 60 inch flatscreen. Why not move? And if you are going to live there and the house floods every few year why the Hell are you putting you media room in your basement?
    I wonder if he's got flood insurance.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Home is home. I don't live in NOLA, and wouldn't want to. But there are people that feel a part of the place, and wouldn't live anywhere else. That's true for almost every community I expect.

When New Orleans was flooded after Katrina, the government had to drain the floodwaters.

You have to constantly maintain the artificial levees and floodwalls every time New Orleans was struck by a hurricane. The hurricanes could weaken the structural integrity of the man-made levees. If they are not properly maintained, they could collapse.

Are you fine with taxpayer dollars maintaining levees, draining the floodwaters and rebuilding a city in an unsafe location (i.e. below sea level and in the path of a hurricane)?

Home is where the heart is. They could move their whole city and community to a new location.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I am watching hurricane coverage. I am floored by how many people are saying "Well I am shocked. I didnt expect it to be this bad." Umm How many hurricanes have hit the aera in the last few years. how many days has the news been going on about Sally? Idiots.
    Well, I bet it's not the first time a hurricane has hit the area. It must become a normal occurrence to those residents.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/09/17/w...day/index.html