Page 326 of 440 FirstFirst ... 226276316322323324325326327328329330336376426 ... LastLast
Results 4,876 to 4,890 of 6587

Quote Originally Posted by CSTowle View Post
    Honestly feel like he and Brady ought to get like a token 1% ownership stake in the franchise. It wouldn't be nearly as profitable if not for their 2 decades (plus) of domination.
    Better wait until Brady isn't playing on a football team that isn't the Patriots.
    Otherwise, possible conflict of interest if he's on a team playing against the Patriots.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    But are they doing that primarily to attract people who may otherwise ignore another West Side Story remake?
    THIS..........

His name gets it attention that would otherwise not be there.

It's like having certain writers on books. See Coates Black Panther (as bad as it was) I saw places that OPENLY ignore comics as a whole talk about that book.

Any type of media where POC take the lead is way too woke. I heard so many people yelling about Annie the other day. A black Annie! No way! Thanks alot Biden!
    I guess they missed the first black Annie-Quvenzhané Wallis.

Along with various media that had POC as leads like some of the Star Wars books. Heck Luke had a black trainee in the Marvel Star Wars run. Yet John Boyega with a lightsabre was a sin.

Niel Diamond is the most commonly sung artist by people who can't.
    Dark does not mean deep.

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

A lot of so called "Woke" people aren't even paying attention to the most important things. Most of the people who like to think they're "Woke" aren't actually being helpful in any real impactful way. They're too busy trying to regulate and police the entertainment industry instead.

Sure representation in media is okay and all, but I'd rather it be easier for me to vote frankly speaking. Half these fools won't even vote in important local (or national) races when it comes to things like DAs, Judges, Mayors etc. You know the things that have a huge impact on our lives. Instead, they'd rather gripe and moan about how the entertainment industry is run, or how there are no diverse body types in Victoria's Secret shows, or how some celeb is still allowed to make a living after some gaff misdemeanor. People always talking about "Well, we can do both"! Except people aren't actually doing "both".

A lot of Gen-Z, and young millennials' interests are tied to the entertainment industry. They've been more bitterly invested in trying to "fix" that, than the real-world problems, probably cause they felt left out and underrepresented for so long in different capacities in the entertainment industry i guess. Most of the actual "Woke" crowd that is actually doing all of the community organizing and stuff like that are a minority imo.

Most of the others are too busy policing the entertainment industry and *trying* to cancel celebs over misdemeanor like transgressions. There's more passion behind that then voting in transformative DAs and Judges, abolishing the death penalty, prison reform, voting rights etc. They're priorities just aren't good. These idiots aren't Woke. They're still asleep!
    Last edited by Madam-Shogun-Assassin; 12-07-2021 at 10:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CSTowle View Post
    Honestly feel like he and Brady ought to get like a token 1% ownership stake in the franchise. It wouldn't be nearly as profitable if not for their 2 decades (plus) of domination.
    Just in time invested alone 1% would be a steal.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Bob Dylan would have to be up there, too. I love both of them, but it's a lot easier to do them than Elvis or Aretha.

FWIW, my father bowled against Neil Diamond back in the '50s when they were both kids. That was the only time they met, but still cool.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I love Neil Diamond's songs. In the 1970s, I thought he was cool--I admired his haircut and his clothes--and I even created a super-hero in my sketchbook who was supposed to look exactly like Neil Diamond. I sang a lot of his songs to myself, because they made me feel good or because they expressed some sadness I felt. And Diamond was a prolific song writer for other stars in the 1960s, before his own career took off in the 1970s, so people would know Diamond songs without knowing he had written them.

You're entitled to not like his music--I don't like Elton John's songs--but my quarrel is really with saying people can't sing. To your ear maybe, but people should sing--even if they think they can't or people tell them they can't. We should all sing and we should all be supported in singing. Singing is good for the body and for the soul.

I recently watched the great Canadian movie ONE WEEK, starring Joshua Jackson. And in that movie, when his character is a little boy, his teacher tells him he can't sing. He grows up feeling he can't sing. I had the exact same experience when I was a little boy--a teacher told me I couldn't sing and I believed her. I grew up believing I couldn't sing and I wouldn't sing in front of other people. I would sing to myself all the time when I was alone--and I would sing for my mother--but I always believed I was a terrible singer. Now that I'm in my senior years, I realize that I can sing, but I wish I had known that when I was a little boy.

Never tell someone they can't sing. Me and you are subject to the blues now and then, but when you take the blues and make a song, you sing them out again, sing them out again.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Better wait until Brady isn't playing on a football team that isn't the Patriots.
    Otherwise, possible conflict of interest if he's on a team playing against the Patriots.
    He should just retire while he still have a few working brain cells left. The man's had a lot of head trauma over the years, not to mention all the other parts of his body that got hit by 300 pound plus heavily muscled guys running at full speed. He's the GOAT, he's got enough money, a supermodel wife who want him to quit....damn, if it were me, I would and just enjoy life. Plus, if he really doesn't want to quit football, he can always be a broadcaster color guy or do coaching or whatever that doesn't have him playing.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Madam-Shogun-Assassin View Post
    A lot of so called "Woke" people aren't even paying attention to the most important things. Most of the people who like to think they're "Woke" aren't actually being helpful in any real impactful way. They're too busy trying to regulate and police the entertainment industry instead.

Sure representation in media is okay and all, but I'd rather it be easier for me to vote frankly speaking. Half these fools won't even vote in important local (or national) races when it comes to things like DAs, Judges, Mayors etc. You know the things that have a huge impact on our lives. Instead, they'd rather gripe and moan about how the entertainment industry is run, or how there are no diverse body types in Victoria's Secret shows, or how some celeb is still allowed to make a living after some gaff misdemeanor. People always talking about "Well, we can do both"! Except people aren't actually doing "both".

A lot of Gen-Z, and young millennials' interests are tied to the entertainment industry. They've been more bitterly invested in trying to "fix" that, than the real-world problems, probably cause they felt left out and underrepresented for so long in different capacities in the entertainment industry i guess. Most of the actual "Woke" crowd that is actually doing all of the community organizing and stuff like that are a minority imo.

Most of the others are too busy policing the entertainment industry and *trying* to cancel celebs over misdemeanor like transgressions. There's more passion behind that then voting in transformative DAs and Judges, abolishing the death penalty, prison reform, voting rights etc. They're priorities just aren't good. These idiots aren't Woke. They're still asleep!
    Much of this is valid and I agree with a lot of it, although I see the policing entertainment thing slightly differently. People have been policing entertainment since the beginning and it's not unique to so-called "woke" people. This goes back to things like The Hays Code and The Legend of Decency. Right now we have folks upset that there's rainbow flags on cereal boxes and fake mad about the name of kid's toys and are trying to "cancel" sports figures who give political opinions.

Why is Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind considered one of the greatest movies of all time? What am I missing here?

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Much of this is valid and I agree with a lot of it, although I see the policing entertainment thing slightly differently. People have been policing entertainment since the beginning and it's not unique to so-called "woke" people. This goes back to things like The Hays Code and The Legend of Decency. Right now we have folks upset that there's rainbow flags on cereal boxes and fake mad about the name of kid's toys and are trying to "cancel" sports figures who give political opinions.
    Of course, you have the Moral Guardians on the right, and the left equivalent. But the former likely also vote when it counts locally, the latter usually doesn't. Also people who claim to be activists aren't always intersectional. Like the people who whined about female BLM activists showing up at the women's March. They're not unified, and they're not prioritizing important things. A lot of the stuff they complain about in the entertainment industry is **** I don't care about, frankly speaking. There's bigger fish to fry in my humble opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    Why is Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind considered one of the greatest movies of all time? What am I missing here?
    Who says that, good movie, but I have never heard it considered on of the greatest. Never saw it on a list of best all time.
    Maybe one of the best Jim Carrey movies, but that's it.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    I saw it and thought that it was really good. But I've never seen anyone say it was one of the greatest movies of all time.

You looked at that list ans Eternal Sunshine is the only one you questioned?

Here to do just that is Stacker, which has weighted IMDb ratings and Metascores equally to create a unique score.
    So this is just a statistical gobbledy gook from IMBD. It's why so many recent movies make the list that have no right to be there. A Marriage Story? Really, one of the 100 best movies of all time? And Scorsese is there. But not Raging Bull or Goodfellas, it's The Irishman. So we can pretty much ignore this exercise in inanity and not wonder if Eternal Sunshine is considered one of the 100 best movies, it is not by any real assesmrnt.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!