Page 99 of 440 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103109149199 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 6587
    Mighty Member

You're going to kill yourself, then?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
    Like Thanos, I find it harder and harder to argue against eugenics/mass genocide. There is so much wrong with the world, and people in general, that could easily be fixed with less humans.
    You're going to kill yourself, first, then?

Charles Schulz covered this long ago. Lucy starts crabbing about how the world has too many people, and Linus asks, "Why don't YOU leave?"

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

In my opinion William Duvall is kinda wasted in Alice In Chains, just like Jeff Loomis in Arch Enemy. All he does is Rhythm Guitar and backing vocals now.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

THE stupidest fashion craze of the moment are women (and some men) wearing jeans with holes, rips and tears in them. I think the term for them is "distressed". When I was a kid, my mother (God rest her saintly soul) would beat the snot out of me if stepped out of the house in raggedy jeans better suited for the trash, today, it's fashion statement, and the most moronic I've seen to date.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
    Like Thanos, I find it harder and harder to argue against eugenics/mass genocide. There is so much wrong with the world, and people in general, that could easily be fixed with less humans.
    Everything wrong with the world now existed when the population was much lower. So... no.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    THE stupidest fashion craze of the moment are women (and some men) wearing jeans with holes, rips and tears in them. I think the term for them is "distressed". When I was a kid, my mother (God rest her saintly soul) would beat the snot out of me if stepped out of the house in raggedy jeans better suited for the trash, today, it's fashion statement, and the most moronic I've seen to date.
    Meh. I'm 52, and we were wearing "distressed" jeans when I was a kid. Fashion is cyclical. This style will come back again in the future.

Skinny jeans and sagging jeans were far, far worse.
    Last edited by MyriVerse; 05-04-2018 at 08:09 AM.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Today's rappers were relatively quiet about social issues (Like BLM) because they didn't want to alienate their white fan base. Then again a lot of today's rappers aren't very articulate either so that plays a role too. But i also think this goes as far back as the 00's, and more often than not has to do with not pissing off powerful white people in the industry, and their white audience..A complete 180 from the days of 2pac, Geto Boys, Ice-T, Public Enemy, Ice Cube etc.

The controversy centering on Teen Titans #1 (2014) was completely overblown.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    But who cares? You don't have to wear them. I might think it's silly to pay for beat up jeans, but it's not my money.

Also, fashion has always been dumb.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Madam-Shogun-Assassin View Post
    Today's rappers were relatively quiet about social issues (Like BLM) because they didn't want to alienate their white fan base. Then again a lot of today's rappers aren't very articulate either so that plays a role too. But i also think this goes as far back as the 00's, and more often than not has to do with not pissing off powerful white people in the industry, and their white audience..A complete 180 from the days of 2pac, Geto Boys, Ice-T, Public Enemy, Ice Cube etc.
    A lot of rappers today are just flat out shallow. Even stuff that's party music is more about free ads for designer goods than getting people moving on the dance floor.

Spectacular Member Martini Sigil's Avatar

There is no such thing as a "Psychic"... no one can see your future... and no one can talk to your dead relatives ( there is no such thing as ghosts either).... these are con artists who steal from desperate, emotionally vulnerable people

Quote Originally Posted by Martini Sigil View Post
    There is no such thing as a "Psychic"... no one can see your future... and no one can talk to your dead relatives ( there is no such thing as ghosts either).... these are con artists who steal from desperate, emotionally vulnerable people
    That is not a controversial opinion. Just reality.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Martini Sigil View Post
    There is no such thing as a "Psychic"... no one can see your future... and no one can talk to your dead relatives (there is no such thing as ghosts either).... these are con artists who steal from desperate, emotionally vulnerable people
    From my personal experience i kinda disagree with this.

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    A lot of rappers today are just flat out shallow. Even stuff that's party music is more about free ads for designer goods than getting people moving on the dance floor.
    I think rappers are generally cowards now, but to be fair to them i do believe they're also being pushed into a "morton's fork" type of situation. Reminds me of the backlash Cam Newton got over the Colin Kaepernick/BLM situation where he felt trapped in reards to what he could,. or could not say without pissing someone off and damaging his brand. I feel that a lot of today's rappers are in the same quagmire. Nineties rappers didn't give a **** lol
    Last edited by Emperor-of-Dragons; 05-05-2018 at 11:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Madam-Shogun-Assassin View Post
    The controversy centering on Teen Titans #1 (2014) was completely overblown.
    If I recall correctly, the controversy had more than a little to do with the 2014 CBR reboot. I'm not familiar with the exact circumstances, but the incident led to the founder, Jonah Weiland locking down the site, eliminating every forum members logins and overhauling the rules of conduct as well as completely eliminating some of the sub forums.

If any of the mods or better informed members want to shed some light on the story, I'd be interested.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe