Page 100 of 440 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104110150200 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 6586
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
    Like Thanos, I find it harder and harder to argue against eugenics/mass genocide. There is so much wrong with the world, and people in general, that could easily be fixed with less humans.
    Careful what you wish for, you may find you're not as indispensable as you think.

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    Meh. I'm 52, and we were wearing "distressed" jeans when I was a kid. Fashion is cyclical. This style will come back again in the future.

Skinny jeans and sagging jeans were far, far worse.
    Yeah, ripped jeans are from my childhood too, so I don't have an issue with them.

If by "sagging" you mean trousers falling down so your underwear is on display, then yeah, that one looks ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Martini Sigil View Post
    There is no such thing as a "Psychic"... no one can see your future... and no one can talk to your dead relatives ( there is no such thing as ghosts either).... these are con artists who steal from desperate, emotionally vulnerable people
    Absolutely.

Edit: nevermind. I've forgotten that Saga is from DC comics...
    Last edited by Jopi; 05-08-2018 at 10:50 AM.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jopi View Post
    Edit: nevermind. I've forgotten that Saga is from DC comics...
    Saga is published by Image.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Saga is published by Image.
    Oh, okay then. I don't know why I thought it was published by DC.

Mighty Member

I think society's views on superheroes in the comics are so inconsistent. I don't understand how society can fear mutants while the Fantastic Four and an actual god is running around the city. People are bothered by Batman and Green Arrow taking the law into their own hands. But no one gives Superman and Wonder Woman any crap about it.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Black View Post
    I don't understand how society can fear mutants while the Fantastic Four and an actual god is running around the city.
    It's sort of like how racists are prejudiced against people with very mildly darker skin, but not against white people with a really outrageously dark tan.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    It's sort of like how racists are prejudiced against people with very mildly darker skin, but not against white people with a really outrageously dark tan.
    Well there's also the issue of how MU citizens can tell the difference between mutants and non mutant super characters.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Well there's also the issue of how MU citizens can tell the difference between mutants and non mutant super characters.
    Really? That sounds ridiculous because Luke Cage and Spider-Man can easily be mutants for all they know.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Black View Post
    Really? That sounds ridiculous because Luke Cage and Spider-Man can easily be mutants for all they know.
    I used to think about this all the time when I was younger.

BANNED

The Mutant superheroes are usually easily identifiable because they are the ones who are in teams starting with an X and/or have an X somewhere on their costume.

Holy unfortunate implications Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    The Mutant superheroes are usually easily identifiable because they are the ones who are in teams starting with an X and/or have an X somewhere on their costume.

Holy unfortunate implications Batman.
    I'm talking about Mutants in general not just the superhero ones. Not all Mutants are X-Men or X-affiliated.

BANNED

I'm talking about Mutants in general not just the superhero ones. Not all Mutants are X-Men or X-affiliated.
    Pretty much all superpowered civilians who are just going on about their lives and aren't interested in superheroics of supervillainy are Mutants.

Invincible Member

I still find it funny when guys who are more than likely bitter shut ins and/or ineffectual dudes attacking other people's masculinity and using terms like "soy boys" and "beta males" (especially towards fictional males). It's like, dude you're the guy who hates his life and can't get a date...who's the real beta here?
    Last edited by ed2962; 05-10-2018 at 05:39 PM.