Page 210 of 440 FirstFirst ... 110160200206207208209210211212213214220260310 ... LastLast
Results 3,136 to 3,150 of 6586

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    The first three seasons are on Amazon Prime (which is about the most ironic place the show could be streaming. )

You'd have go to the USA Network website or use On Demand (assuming you have cable/satellite) for the fourth season.

Or wait a few months I guess.
    Thank you. My Young/New Popes and the L Word Gen Qs have run out and I'm looking for something else.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I did not care for the Christopher Reeves Superman films. I found part one to be very boring. It almost turned me off of superman
    I loved them as a kid. As an adult I find them embarrassingly cheesy. The music still holds up but everything else is bad, especially Lex Luthor who comes off as a bumbling idiot instead of a mad genius.

Man of Steel is a far superior Superman movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I would guess it's Revolution #9, which was a Yoko art experiment. Very few don't skip it to get to Ringo's "Goodnight".
    I've heard some people, as teenagers, may have spent several hours with their friends listening for messages hidden in backward recordings of this song. These persons may have also been pretty high at the time.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    I loved them as a kid. As an adult I find them embarrassingly cheesy. The music still holds up but everything else is bad, especially Lex Luthor who comes off as a bumbling idiot instead of a mad genius.

I have to agree with the first part. I would rather pull needles through my cheeks than agree with the second. I'll go this far: it's probably a superior adventure movie, but I can't call it a superior Superman movie

Fans whine an awful lot about the lack of positivity in the world while being ignorant of how much of the negativity in existence is their own fault. Repeatedly posting on internet forums or making youtube videos longer than most movies about how Zack Snyder or Rian Johnson destroyed your childhood is contributing far more negativity than Superman snapping a neck or Luke becoming a depressed and angry recluse.

"Grimdark" is not a valid criticism.

Manga has a much better distribution model than American comics and more consistent quality. That said, manga's issues with women and racial minorities far exceed that of western comics which might also explain why manga manages to have such a strong alt-right following. Same with Japanese video games like Dead or Alive.

Always knew that Trump was a hardcore sailor moon fan.

Spectacular Member Obeythemoderators's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post

Interesting take I actually prefer Man of Steel as well with that being said I still prefer the Clark Segments from the Reeves film. The moment were his surrogate father dies and Clark decides to leave and make something of himself while he still is young enough to do so is one of those moments along with him bumping into a car but crashing it which seems to have had a huge influence on the Spider-Man films for better or worse.
    Last edited by Obeythemoderators; 04-13-2020 at 05:38 AM.

Retired

Given I was already an adult when the first Donner SUPERMAN came out in 1978, I don't feel any cognitive dissonance when I watch it again. I knew exactly what it was back then and it hasn't changed for me. The only element that is different is seeing Christopher Reeve now--that's like seeing John Lennon in A HARD DAYS NIGHT now, rather than when I was six years old and it had just come out. These movies have become iconic because the people in them have become iconic.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    is contributing far more negativity than Superman snapping a neck
    Honestly, Snyder's explanation for why that's in the movie is far more disturbing.

He said Superman's no-kill rule didn't make sense without a reason.

I'm sorry, WHAT!? You have to kill someone to know you shouldn't kill people? Has someone run a background check on Snyder?

Honestly, Snyder's explanation for why that's in the movie is far more disturbing.

He said Superman's no-kill rule didn't make sense without a reason.

I'm sorry, WHAT!? You have to kill someone to know you shouldn't kill people? Has someone run a background check on Snyder?
    Thanks for proving my point. This is exactly the type of melodramatic nonsense I'm talking about.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 04-13-2020 at 12:22 PM.

Thanks for proving my point. This is exactly the type of melodramatic nonsense I'm talking about.
    Melodramatic? Really?

Hyperbolic. For effect.

But, yeah, I am disconcerted by someone who thinks a person has to discover it's wrong to kill.

Melodramatic? Really?

Hyperbolic. For effect.

But, yeah, I am disconcerted by someone who thinks a person has to discover it's wrong to kill.
    You must hate Kelley Pucket who wrote a similar reason for Cass Cain's refusal to kill as well.

It would do well to remember that Snyder is saying this within the context of discussing a fictional character not a real life person. I know the Internet thinks Snyder is the great Satan but using how he writes a fictional character killing a mad man who wanted to commit genocide is the height of petty fan boy demonizing and is the type of nonsense that gives geek fans the type of reputation of being like the Comic Book Guy from The Simpsons.

You must hate Kelley Pucket who wrote a similar reason for Cass Cain's refusal to kill as well.

It would do well to remember that Snyder is saying this within the context of discussing a fictional character not a real life person. I know the Internet thinks Snyder is the great Satan but using how he writes a fictional character killing a mad man who wanted to commit genocide is the height of petty fan boy demonizing and is the type of nonsense that gives geek fans the type of reputation of being like the Comic Book Guy from The Simpsons.
    You are having an argument with someone else who probably has said/written something superficially similar to what I have.

There's a lot of assumption well beyond what I've put down in there.

And, yes, I will repeat, the very concept that one needs to learn not to kill through taking a life is philosophically bizarre.

You are having an argument with someone else who probably has said/written something superficially similar to what I have.
    Yours is the same as every anti-Snyder argument I've come across.

There's a lot of assumption well beyond what I've put down in there.
    Given how you've tried to paint Snyder, this comment is throwing stones in glass houses.

And, yes, I will repeat, the very concept that one needs to learn not to kill through taking a life is philosophically bizarre.
    As opposed to everything else with superheroes that just makes so much sense.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 04-13-2020 at 01:02 PM.

There is an easily understood difference between Cassandra Cain and Clark Kent on that issue - one of them was raised by an assassin and the other was not.
    Dark does not mean deep.