Page 433 of 440 FirstFirst ... 333383423429430431432433434435436437 ... LastLast
Results 6,481 to 6,495 of 6590
    Mighty Member

I lose interest in Jason and The Argonauts after the Talos segment.

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheday View Post
    I lose interest in Jason and The Argonauts after the Talos segment.
    Wha??? The Hydra, the Skeltons. Best work of Harryhausen's career.
    Insanity!
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Wha??? The Hydra, the Skeltons. Best work of Harryhausen's career.
    Insanity!
    Yeah, I love that movie and Harryhausen, too.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

There is no right or wrong way the toilet paper should be facing. It doesn't matter. Do whatever works for you.
    love is the real "success."
    Free Palestine! 🇵🇸Ceasefire NOW!
    They/Them

Quote Originally Posted by James Cameron View Post
    There is no right or wrong way the toilet paper should be facing. It doesn't matter. Do whatever works for you.
    I find this to be a pretty Shitty take.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Not true. It is much harder to grab the sheets from behind than from in front. Spinning will get you a bunch of paper on the floor. It's been scientifically proven at the Institute of Ass Wipes.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

My cat always unrolls it when it's front-facing
    love is the real "success."
    Free Palestine! 🇵🇸Ceasefire NOW!
    They/Them

My cat always unrolls it when it's front-facing
    This is an acceptable reason to hang the paper the "wrong way". Wanting to have ANY left on the roll rather than the floor.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    There are companies and even folks who do PAY for reviews to be done. They generally lurk on online job sites that don't require you to work for the company but do temp type work.

The website that I KNOW of that did it at least in the early 2000s is under a different name and I would have to hunt down my old e-mails to find the old name. Since I have gone blank the new name.

It's part of the reason why Amazon now restrict reviews to folks who actually BOUGHT stuff from them before you can do a review.

Like right now I can't do one until I buy at least 3-4 things from Amazon.
    Limiting reviews to people who actually bought/saw/read/whatever the reviewed item sounds reasonable. The bookshop I usually buy from lets everyone review books, but those who bought it from them get a "verified purchase" sign.
    Sadly, there is too many people who will downvote anything when they don't agree with the topic or the author.
    Slava Ukraini!
    Truth and love must prevail over lies and hatred

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Catlady in training View Post
    Is this like a fact, or pure speculation? It's the first time I hear of such a thing and google wasn't helpful. I am aware of the opposite happening to the first Captain Marvel movie which was review-bombed, though.
    The movie is coming to Disney+ this week, so I'm holding my breath for how objectively bad it turns out to be.
    The Marvels is a terrible movie that they had no confidence in because of the embargo used for reviews 2 days before it's release.

The alleged paying for positive reviews is from the article.
    Now even if Disney didn't pay persons to post positive reviews it's still an exercise in futility for Disney to have The Marvels movie reviews embargoed 2 days before the release.

The reason why I say that because that action screams they had no confidence in an incompotent movie which people were proven to be very right.
    The Marvels is an incompotent movie that was been highly panned much like the not well made Green Lantern movie which is also a box office bomb, and also it's the MCU movie that is the lowest grossing film

“And don’t forget this is even with Disney allegedly paying for positive reviews by actual reviewers on places like Rotten Tomatoes,” he added.

https://boundingintocomics.com/2023/...oogle_vignette
    https://noequipmentfitness.com/
    No Equipment Fitness is my Online Fitness website where you can purchase short no equipment workouts.

Be kind to me, or treat me mean
    I'll make the most of it, I'm an extraordinary machine

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    This is an acceptable reason to hang the paper the "wrong way". Wanting to have ANY left on the roll rather than the floor.
    Like with dogs and the toilet seat dispute. With a dog, one puts both the seat and the lid down to prevent drinking.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Like with dogs and the toilet seat dispute. With a dog, one puts both the seat and the lid down to prevent drinking.
    Pets and children change the conventional wisdom, people need to understand that little fact of life.
    Dark does not mean deep.

The Saudis ruined golf. They thought they were linking themselves to this prestigious, elite sport . Instead of garnering any good will, they will now be known as the Country that wrecked professional golf.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

TV shows branded as comedies should make you laugh.