Page 192 of 439 FirstFirst ... 92142182188189190191192193194195196202242292 ... LastLast
Results 2,866 to 2,880 of 6582

The Democratic Party who handed "For Profit" insurance a straight up windfall with the ACA is not "Center-Right"?

Please, tell me more about how this works.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    If you are in "the center" how has the Democratic Party become far left? How much farther left are they than Johnson, Kennedy or Roosevelt?

What "center" policies does the GOP have that you like?
    Why do you assume I'm talking about parties?

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Why do you assume I'm talking about parties?
    Then I am lost as to what you are referring.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by C_Miller View Post
    No. The typical definition of a man-child is someone who actually is childish.
    Then how is there more than one definition?

Boisterously Confused

Then I am lost as to what you are referring.
    I'm talking about people with no tolerance for any position but their own, from each end of the spectrum.
    • Those who respond to opinions on the dangers of easy access to high-cyclic rate weapons with accusations of wanting to destroy the 2nd Amendment and lay Americans bare to oppression
    • Those who respond to opinions that abortion might not be the best form of birth control with accusations of wanting to Handmaiden all women
    • Those who respond to opinions that income inequality is unhealthy with accusations of godless communism
    • Those who respond to opinions that sustainability also requires avoiding wrecking whole economies with accusations of stupidity, or being a capitalist tool

Or people who make assumptions and use inflammatory language about where one stands on an issue because it might not be with them, like this...
    Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    More like you'll get what you deserve for selling this country out to a Devil's congregation of religious zealots, corrupt politicians, and sociopathic megacorporations.
    We're letting screamers own the debate instead of actually working problems, and it happens on both sides.

I'm talking about people with no tolerance for any position but their own, from each end of the spectrum.
    • Those who respond to opinions on the dangers of easy access to high-cyclic rate weapons with accusations of wanting to destroy the 2nd Amendment and lay Americans bare to oppression
    • Those who respond to opinions that abortion might not be the best form of birth control with accusations of wanting to Handmaiden all women
    • Those who respond to opinions that income inequality is unhealthy with accusations of godless communism
    • Those who respond to opinions that sustainability also requires avoiding wrecking whole economies with accusations of stupidity, or being a capitalist tool

Or people who make assumptions and use inflammatory language about where one stands on an issue because it might not be with them, like this...

We're letting screamers own the debate instead of actually working problems, and it happens on both sides.
    Oh! You mean the internet.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Boisterously Confused

Oh! You mean the internet.
    Them too.

Really Bad Boy is better than Bad Boy.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Give me examples of where the main Democratic Party (not one or two outliers) is extreme left. Because I can give you extreme mainstream GOP positions.
    My point was both sides of the political aisle think they're (the always moving) center, when neither one is. If either one was, they would consistently win the presidency and both houses of Congress by landslide amounts (unless we had a strong third party to muck up things ).
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    My point was both sides of the political aisle think they're (the always moving) center, when neither one is. If either one was, they would consistently win the presidency and both houses of Congress by landslide amounts (unless we had a strong third party to muck up things ).
    Unless, Most Of Us (ignorantly) don't care until after the consequences manifest. Voting patterns support that.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Unless, Most Of Us (ignorantly) don't care until after the consequences manifest. Voting patterns support that.
    True, which is why I said above that the center moves.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Megadeth and Death are both quite underrated bands.

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    Megadeth and Death are both quite underrated bands.
    Really? I would agree with you on Death there but Megadeth have always been a highly rated Metal band, one of the Big 4 of Thrash Metal and all that. Peace Sells.... and Rust In Peace are still acclaimed albums to this day.

Both are fabulous acts. Funnily enough I was only listening to Death's seminal Human album a few weeks ago. Great record. I would say that Death Metal's overall niche status as a genre probably accounts for Death's lack of mainstream awareness and under-appreciation but they are still highly regarded in Metal circles.
    Lower The Pissing Winch!

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Speaking of bands and their critical standing though, I will say that I consider The Clash to be extremely OVER rated.

I'm sure that's somewhat controversial in certain circles. I just don't get what the hoopla is surrounding the group though.
    Lower The Pissing Winch!

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    What does "centre" mean though? The democrats are probably right of what would be considered "centre" here in the UK.