Page 309 of 440 FirstFirst ... 209259299305306307308309310311312313319359409 ... LastLast
Results 4,621 to 4,635 of 6586

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    What can I say? I like the wrong crowd!
    Any crowd that doesn’t see the sheer, unadulterated brilliance in The Six Stooges is not one I ever want to see outside of a D and D campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    Any crowd that doesn’t see the sheer, unadulterated brilliance in The Six Stooges is not one I ever want to see outside of a D and D campaign.
    I prefer the Marx Brothers (though usually when there are four of them)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I prefer the Marx Brothers (though usually when there are four of them)
    You know, I watched them on TV as a kid, and then as an adult...they didn't age well, unlike the Stooges, who are timeless. "Scale that fish!"

Shame, too, I loved Groucho and Harpo as a kid. I still love the Stooges though.

Fun trivia fact: The Queen albums A Night at the Opera and A Day at the Races are both named after Marx Bros. films. There's even pictures of the band presenting Groucho with a gold record.
    Dark does not mean deep.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    You know, I watched them on TV as a kid, and then as an adult...they didn't age well, unlike the Stooges, who are timeless. "Scale that fish!"

Shame, too, I loved Groucho and Harpo as a kid. I still love the Stooges though.
    I prefer the Marx Brothers, but I love the Stooges, too. In fact, either the latter or The Little Rascals were the first cinematic comedy team I can recall watching (the late '60s).
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    I prefer the Marx Brothers, but I love the Stooges, too. In fact, either the latter or The Little Rascals were the first cinematic comedy team I can recall watching (the late '60s).
    I liked the Marx brothers, Laurel and Hardy, Chaplin, and the Stooges. I wasn't crazy about Abbott and Costello or the Rascals, but could sit through their stuff.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    I liked the Marx brothers, Laurel and Hardy, Chaplin, and the Stooges. I wasn't crazy about Abbott and Costello or the Rascals, but could sit through their stuff.
    A&C were my favorites as a kid and still are. I own all of their movies and their television show on DVD. One of the first things I ever taped on my first tape recorder was their Who's on First skit 43 years ago.

Love L&H and Chaplin, too, though Buster Keaton is my favorite from the silent era. Watched a lot of Bob Hope, Danny Kaye, and The Bowery Boys as a youngster, too.

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    . . . Watched a lot of Bob Hope, Danny Kaye, and The Bowery Boys as a youngster, too.
    I wonder how popular the Bowery Boys were outside of the NYC/tri-state area?

I heard of the Bowery Boys, but hadn't seen anything with them. A Boston UHF station showed Chaplin on Sundays and Laurel & Hardy and Abbott & Costello movies showed from time to time, but the Bowery Boys were sonething I had never recall seeing and I've been a Masshole my entire life.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Ive seen several of their movies. I always wondered why they were considered so tough. All they did was hang out outside that building and talk like toughs but they never really did anything.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

At the risk of potentially coming under fire, I don't think actual "trolls" have existed online since like 2015. At least not in any sort of widespread way that some people like to make it out to be.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    At the risk of potentially coming under fire, I don't think actual "trolls" have existed online since like 2015. At least not in any sort of widespread way that some people like to make it out to be.
    The Russians have "Troll Farms" that pretty much invaded Facebook and other social media in 2016 and 2020.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Ive seen several of their movies. I always wondered why they were considered so tough. All they did was hang out outside that building and talk like toughs but they never really did anything.
    The original (and serious) incarnation of them (The Dead End Kids) were tough. As they moved away from drama with each new variation (Little Tough Guys to The East Side Kids and finally The Bowery Boys), however, they lost that toughness.

Extraordinary Member

I doubt mentioning that I love Monty Python would be controversial, but I feel they need to be in that great comedy troupes conversation. You know, I can't think of another similar group that hit it that big since them.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    I doubt mentioning that I love Monty Python would be controversial, but I feel they need to be in that great comedy troupes conversation. You know, I can't think of another similar group that hit it that big since them.
    They have a couple good movies I will admit. But for me the tv show was 2 funny skits and 300 hours of garbage.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.