Page 412 of 440 FirstFirst ... 312362402408409410411412413414415416422 ... LastLast
Results 6,166 to 6,180 of 6590

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Vivek Ramaswamy does not expect to be president, he's planning to fleece the Trump Faithful and needs some street cred with them.
    I am not sure in what way telling the truth is controversial
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Vivek Ramaswamy does not expect to be president, he's planning to fleece the Trump Faithful and needs some street cred with them.
    Absolutely! Just saw him on Meet The Press a little earlier...what a complete snake oil salesman.

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    Guitars aren't people, and anthropormorphizing them gives me the ick.
    Tangentially following this, "Thing, but as a cute anime girl!" is a genre that can't retire fast enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    Tangentially following this, "Thing, but as a cute anime girl!" is a genre that can't retire fast enough.

I felt the same way, but about the internet's insistence on naming every last thing "Thingy McThingface". At least it's dead now.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Why is everyone associating Solomon with wisdom? The letter "S" in the word Shazam stands for Solomon who is asociated with wisdom? Solomon wasn't always wise. At the urge of his wives, Solomon turned away from the Lord. Solomon worshiped Ashtoreth, the goddess of Sidon, and Milcom, the god of the Ammonites.

Was it wise to listen to his wives' calling to abandon his Lord God and worship different gods instead?

Man of Wisdom became a Man of Foolishness

Extraordinary Member

I always try to book the "not been vomited in recently" seats on a flight. So I don't know if Air whatever country is north of the US and starts with a "C", has hit on the correct stance of "sit in that vomit or be labelled a terrorist". It might not work as a long-term solution to haters and bigots who won't sit in the wet vomit. But I try to avoid that by booking the not been vomited in seats. It's an option, I believe.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-66727103

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    I always try to book the "not been vomited in recently" seats on a flight. So I don't know if Air whatever country is north of the US and starts with a "C", has hit on the correct stance of "sit in that vomit or be labelled a terrorist". It might not work as a long-term solution to haters and bigots who won't sit in the wet vomit. But I try to avoid that by booking the not been vomited in seats. It's an option, I believe.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-66727103
    I typically can't tell, so I try to get aisle seats first, window seats if I must, and avoid the middle seat at all costs. And always as close to the front of the plane as I can get following those rules.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I typically can't tell, so I try to get aisle seats first, window seats if I must, and avoid the middle seat at all costs. And always as close to the front of the plane as I can get following those rules.
    Back of the plane is supposed to be safer. Don't know which part is more vomit free.

I'm not sure if it's controversial, but as a bigger guy (Down to under 300lbs recently, just over 6ft) I worry more about causing problems for others on the plane rather than having an uncomfortable flight myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    I'm not sure if it's controversial, but as a bigger guy (Down to under 300lbs recently, just over 6ft) I worry more about causing problems for others on the plane rather than having an uncomfortable flight myself.
    I think that's called being considerate. The controversy level varies depending on where you go.

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

The reason why east coast hip-hop had a hard time breaking out of their region is because they didn't have groove and rhythm, they primarily focused on vibes and lyricism and obscure jazz samples where as everyone else to the west of them was using deep groove soul/funk samples. Everyone else used familiar music staples in black american households as samples. For example, the Isley Brothers, Parliament Funkadelic, Zapp etc. Btw I loved 90's east coast hip-hop productions, they just wasn't mainstream enough in terms of "black middle america", if that makes sense. Just making an observation.
    Rest in Peace mom, we love you and still miss you.
    8-29-53/11-30-21

I bet those old and obscure jazz samples had less risk of the original artist sueing for a chunk of the profits though.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by chicainery View Post
    I think that's called being considerate. The controversy level varies depending on where you go.
    Some basic things like being considerate or being polite/respectful to strangers who haven't given you a reason to act otherwise seem to be very controversial these days.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Wrong thread.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 09-10-2023 at 10:17 PM.

Extraordinary Member

You know, if it was me in charge of the Enterprise in Wrath of Khan, I'd simply vaporize the Reliant when it was building up to explosion, turn the Genesis Device into atoms, then it wouldn't explode and Spock wouldn't have to sacrifice himself. That seemed a bit of an oversight on the part of everyone on the Enterprise.