Page 70 of 440 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480120170 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 6586

Quote Originally Posted by ouroboros View Post
    All gods that were ever worshipped, or even cursed, still exist within the human heart and will never die (Neil Gaiman to the contrary).
    If you replace "All gods that were ever worshipped, or even cursed" with Father Christmas, then I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Martini Sigil View Post
    There is no god, or gods... whatever can be asserted without evidence can be likewise dismissed.

Moreover, the God of the old testament is a psychotic, capricious, genocidal, slave and rape condoning sociopath... and no thinking person can read the Bible, or the Koran and not be appalled that most of the world actually tethers to this lunacy.
    Pretty much.

Quote Originally Posted by dancj View Post
    If you replace "All gods that were ever worshipped, or even cursed" with Father Christmas, then I agree.
    Careful, saying "Father Christmas" is tantamount that stating that Santa Claus can't be female!

Just like Superman can be black because he's not real, according to Jimmy Kimmel. Does that mean Black Panther can be white because he's also not real?

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ouroboros View Post
    Just like Superman can be black because he's not real, according to Jimmy Kimmel. Does that mean Black Panther can be white because he's also not real?
    Kimmel forgot to mention the codicil.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

BANNED

I don't care what happens on The Bachelor, and I don't want to hear about it.

BANNED

Robert Plant is a terrible singer. His only rival for awfulness is Jim Dandy Mangrum.

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
    Robert Plant is a terrible singer. His only rival for awfulness is Jim Dandy Mangrum.
    Yeah.. I don't understand that at all. Granted. his voice hasn't been anywhere near as good as it was at his peak (late '60s/early'70s) for decades now, but the guy was unquestionably amazing long ago.

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

It's true that there are people out there that find Plant's voice too much of an acquired taste. His voice has hardly improved with age also. I've heard quite a few comments like that down the years which is fair enough.

I think though that, when the sun finally sets on all of us, that he'll have been a more successful singer than you will be a comic-book writer.

Nah.

There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by WillieMorgan View Post
    It's true that there are people out there that find Plant's voice too much of an acquired taste. His voice has hardly improved with age also. I've heard quite a few comments like that down the years which is fair enough.

I think though that, when the sun finally sets on all of us, that he'll have been a more successful singer than you will be a comic-book writer.
    I'll admit that I was one of those people. While i have a lot of respect for Led Zep now, it took me a moment to warm up to young Robert Plant's voice.

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I'll admit that I was one of those people. While i have a lot of respect for Led Zep now, it took me a moment to warm up to young Robert Plant's voice.
    I was like that about Mick Jagger for a hell of a long time. Certainly throughout my teenage years.

It took years for me to be able to appreciate the Stones music properly. Jagger's voice turned me off. Like with you though, as I got older I learned to respect his uniqueness and vocal delivery.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WillieMorgan View Post

If you have to listen to something for years until you can finally convince yourself that you like it, then something is wrong there.

And I've told you that I don't want to write for DC or Marvel. I'm doing fine. I don't need a job from them. (I might listen to an offer to become the CEO though.) So yeah, Robert Plant will be as good at writing their comics as I will be.

His singing still sucks though.
    Last edited by Trey Strain; 03-12-2018 at 11:11 AM.

His singing still sucks though.
    Well, it is a thread for controversial (or minority) opinions.

Led Zeppelin is over rated. I'd rank The Supremes over them, just to throw in another popular group of the time. Led Zeppelin was mostly just gimmicky acoustical effects rather than any real musical talent.
    When if comes to a singing voice, it's Diana Ross, no contest.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

When it comes to British Invasion bands, I'd put Led Zeppelin well behind The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, The Who, Queen and The Kinks. I just never understood the appeal of Zeppelin and, in my opinion, Robert Plant doesn't stack up to Freddie Mercury, Roger Daltrey or even Mick Jagger.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!