Page 390 of 441 FirstFirst ... 290340380386387388389390391392393394400440 ... LastLast
Results 5,836 to 5,850 of 6604

Quote Originally Posted by Madam-Shogun-Assassin View Post
    Most of the people complaining about Leonardo Dicaprio's dating life are bitter women who'll never get the chance to date him in the first place.
    Bitter seems a strange euphemism for "over 25."
    Dark does not mean deep.

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Bitter seems a strange euphemism for "over 25."
    That's fair lol. But my point stands, I don't buy the sappy concern trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    People actually care about his dating life?
    Is it the late 90s again and nobody told me?

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Is it the late 90s again and nobody told me?
    I hope not, my liver would never survive that again.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    People actually care about his dating life?
    On social media, yes. It's one of those situations where you're glad that you're not a celebrity. I couldn't imagine having my personal life under a microscope like that.
    Rest in Peace mom, we love you and still miss you.
    8-29-53/11-30-21

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

I think democrats funding rightwing extremist candidates is a dumb and dangerous strategy that'll blow up in their face.
    Rest in Peace mom, we love you and still miss you.
    8-29-53/11-30-21

Quote Originally Posted by Madam-Shogun-Assassin View Post
    Most of the people complaining about Leonardo Dicaprio's dating life are bitter women who'll never get the chance to date him in the first place.
    Most of those that I've seen making jokes about it online are not bitter at all, just pointing out that it is questionable if someone dates women of the same age while he gets older. Especially now that they could be his children. And some of the comments are hilarious, like the Titanic movie will be 25 yers old soon, so it has just a few months left for Leo to date it.

Personally, I'm fine with age difference, as long as both are old enough to consent and one person isn't in a position of power over the other (like teacher-student, that is so much out of line). But I start to see it as creepy when the age difference gets to over 20 years because the older erson could be of the age of the others parents. Sometimes they even have children of the age of the younger partner - that is definitely creepy (not the case with DiCaprio thankfully).

And I definitely side-eye when the younger person is just slightly over the age of consent and the older one is much older, like 35 and 19. What is the saying? Age of consent is for some people like minimal wage for corporations - if they could legally go lower, they would.
    Slava Ukraini!
    Truth and love must prevail over lies and hatred

Most of those that I've seen making jokes about it online are not bitter at all, just pointing out that it is questionable if someone dates women of the same age while he gets older. Especially now that they could be his children. And some of the comments are hilarious, like the Titanic movie will be 25 yers old soon, so it has just a few months left for Leo to date it.
    Why is this a big deal now though? hasn't pretty much every male celebrity ever done this sort of thing?

Mighty Member

It's amazing how wind and rain over millions of years formed the likenesses of four great American presidents.

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheday View Post
    It's amazing how wind and rain over millions of years formed the likenesses of four great American presidents.
    I wonder how that affected betting pools in those elections. You'd think by the time Roosevelt was running, the results of Rushmore would have been pretty clear and money would be rolling on on Teddy to win.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Hope they don't wind up like New Hampshire's Old Man of the Mountain.

Mighty Member

Seriously though, I believe Washington, Jefferson, and especially Lincoln might've been embarrassed by Mount Rushmore. Teddy Roosevelt was still alive when the sculptures were started (I think) and approved of his likeness being added.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor-of-Dragons View Post
    I think democrats funding rightwing extremist candidates is a dumb and dangerous strategy that'll blow up in their face.
    It does have some potential to do so. At the least, it will give the opponents of anyone attached to the effort an easily swallowable way of dismissing even the most badly needed of progressive changes as a cynical ploy.

Astonishing Member

Seriously though, I believe Washington, Jefferson, and especially Lincoln might've been embarrassed by Mount Rushmore.
    At least Lincoln would have been, since the monument's sculptor Gutzon Borglum was heavily involved with the Ku Klux Klan.

Mt Rushmore was conceived in 1923, Roosevelt died in 1919.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!