Page 370 of 440 FirstFirst ... 270320360366367368369370371372373374380420 ... LastLast
Results 5,536 to 5,550 of 6587

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    When I turn on my P.C. (not my Mac), I always get a homepage that comes up and has "news" items on it. I have no choice in this matter--maybe there's some way to filter this out, but I'm not that savvy and I can't be bothered.
    You can always change your homepage . . . it's not that hard to do.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    As much as I like Joan Jett, I have no idea why "Bad Reputation" is the new theme song for Folger's Coffee?!
    Because Folgers ain’t your Grandma’s coffee anymore! It’s the chosen drink of rebels and free spirits who don’t give a crap what anyone thinks! Suck it old people!
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Retired

My parents always drank instant coffee, except when company came over (originally they would bring out the big percolator but later had a drip coffee maker). They liked Folger's but it wasn't available in Canada. So whenever they went over the border into the States, they would come home with a jar of Folger's--it's mountain grown.

Instant Coffee is all I drink. I cant stand the Brewed stuff. Home made, Star Bucks, Duncan Doughnuts Doesnt matter. All brewed is nasty. But give me instant with some FV creamer and I will drink it by the gallon

My favorite is the Family Dollar House Brand Chestnut Hill Instant Coffee.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Instant Coffee is all I drink. I cant stand the Brewed stuff. Home made, Star Bucks, Duncan Doughnuts Doesnt matter. All brewed is nasty. But give me instant with some FV creamer and I will drink it by the gallon

My favorite is the Family Dollar House Brand Chestnut Hill Instant Coffee.
    You can handle more coffee than I can. I am, sadly, pretty much a super taster for bitterness. And I despise bitter food and drink.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    My parents always drank instant coffee, except when company came over (originally they would bring out the big percolator but later had a drip coffee maker). They liked Folger's but it wasn't available in Canada. So whenever they went over the border into the States, they would come home with a jar of Folger's--it's mountain grown.
    Which one is "good to the last drop", and which one has that guy who never had a second cup at home chugging that stuff with a whole second cup?

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Which one is "good to the last drop", and which one has that guy who never had a second cup at home chugging that stuff with a whole second cup?
    Maxwell House was good to the last drop. Not sure about the other thing.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

I used to think it was very bitter. And in fact still do. I am honest enough to know it is the FV creamer that is the only reason I drink it.

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    Because Folgers ain’t your Grandma’s coffee anymore! It’s the chosen drink of rebels and free spirits who don’t give a crap what anyone thinks! Suck it old people!
    Bad Reputation came out in 1980. People that enjoyed that song are grandmas now.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I used to think it was very bitter. And in fact still do. I am honest enough to know it is the FV creamer that is the only reason I drink it.
    I was thinking of trying some instant. Never had any before.

I was thinking of trying some instant. Never had any before.
    I drink instant all the time at home. Not worth it for me to dry brewing a cup myself.

I tend to go with Folgers, but in part that's because of price. I use to like Taster's Choice years ago, but that's slightly more expensive.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    As much as I like Joan Jett, I have no idea why "Bad Reputation" is the new theme song for Folger's Coffee?!
    I remember that commercial too and being confused. Then I thought maybe because caffeine is getting a bad rep? But would they be so bold?

My wife uses a K-cup brewer, paired with a reusable pod for her own grounds. There's also the single cup drip brewer, although you also need filters for those. They work best with either an electric kettle, or (better) instant hot water if you have that in your home. My wife is not quite a coffee snob, but she comes close, as does a cousin of mine in addition. Despite not being able to stand the stuff, I can't help but learn about it by mere proximity.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    I remember that commercial too and being confused. Then I thought maybe because caffeine is getting a bad rep? But would they be so bold?
    Instant itself has a bad reputation among coffee aficionados.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    I'd accept it if they were coming out with brand new exotic flavors or something, but it's just promoting their regular old stuff.