Page 322 of 439 FirstFirst ... 222272312318319320321322323324325326332372422 ... LastLast
Results 4,816 to 4,830 of 6582
    Incredible Member

If you use "jobbing" in a sentence or when you start laying out your own multi-year multimedia plan for introducing properties into existing shared universes or say diversity should've been introduced only a certain way or if your post has an embedded youtube opinion (not news) video, I scroll right past your posts and think you're the bad kind of fanboy.
    Last edited by newparisian; 11-30-2021 at 08:26 AM.

Incredible Member

On a roll today haha...

I don't get the point of opera, like as an entertainment medium.

I once bought a ticket to an opera thinking it was a regular musical. So then I'm sitting there and people are singing in a foreign language and nobody's dancing. There's not any acting, as such, just people standing still and hitting high notes. And there was a screen with English translation of the lyrics. And as I walked out after 30 min I thought to myself What the **** is this! Who enjoys this? Like I'm fine with foreign movies so subtitles are not an issue. But why go to a stage play where there's not much movement or variance in how the story is delivered AND you have to read subs? The **** outta here.
    Last edited by newparisian; 11-30-2021 at 06:32 AM.

Incredible Member

All publishers should have recap pages, like Marvel started decades ago.

"Say, how about we do the bare minimum to make sure new readers can jump on or existing readers who read too many comics on a monthly basis get a quick refresher, especially when our continuity (DC) keeps resetting every 5 years?"

"Nah, **** em"

Like Hickman can sacrifice some of those mid-story blank pages and put them to better use haha
    Last edited by newparisian; 11-30-2021 at 06:15 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by newparisian View Post
    All publishers should have recap pages, like Marvel started decades ago.
    Wasn't it in fact an editorial mandate at DC that recap pages were prohibited, specifically because Marvel used them?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by seismic-2 View Post
    Wasn't it in fact an editorial mandate at DC that recap pages were prohibited, specifically because Marvel used them?
    Don't know. I think at one point a recap page meant taking away 1 page of story (?), but I don't believe that's been the case for a long time. I think this is why JMS' Spidey didn't do recaps.

Either way, in indie comics (like Saga, say) the creators can decide how many pages each issue gets. Walking Dead did recaps just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Way over hyped. And I just dont see it being any better then any other crime show other then the fact it has a gimmick.
    Maybe not better, but it is different.

Retired

I can't say as I ever liked "The Little Drummer Boy." I remember being five years old in Kindergarten and we were at some activity with the older grades and they played this song and I was pissed off. What kind of Christmas song is this? The storyline makes no sense. And it's a song about a drum, but the drumline is not very intense. If it's a song about a drum, then I want it to really pound that beat. The drum is weak--what's the matter with this little drummer boy? Baby Jesus must have thought this is a pretty poor present--he's got gold, frankincense and myrrh--this little twerp is gong pa-rum-pa-pa-bum like that's going to impress anyone? Get out of here little kid!

The only rendition I'm somewhat okay with is Bing Crosby's when his good friend David Bowie drops by the old homestead and they start jamming on a mash-up of this and "Peace On Earth." But it's the latter song that saves it--"it's a pretty thing, isn't it?"

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I can't say as I ever liked "The Little Drummer Boy." I remember being five years old in Kindergarten and we were at some activity with the older grades and they played this song and I was pissed off. What kind of Christmas song is this? The storyline makes no sense. And it's a song about a drum, but the drumline is not very intense. If it's a song about a drum, then I want it to really pound that beat. The drum is weak--what's the matter with this little drummer boy? Baby Jesus must have thought this is a pretty poor present--he's got gold, frankincense and myrrh--this little twerp is gong pa-rum-pa-pa-bum like that's going to impress anyone? Get out of here little kid!

The only rendition I'm somewhat okay with is Bing Crosby's when his good friend David Bowie drops by the old homestead and they start jamming on a mash-up of this and "Peace On Earth." But it's the latter song that saves it--"it's a pretty thing, isn't it?"
    I was literally listening to the Vienna Boy's Choir version of the song from the Greer Garson-narrated special when I first read your post, Jim. Personally, I love the song and the many versions of it, including the Bing/Bowie version which might be my favorite.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    I was literally listening to the Vienna Boy's Choir version of the song from the Greer Garson-narrated special when I first read your post, Jim. Personally, I love the song and the many versions of it, including the Bing/Bowie version which might be my favorite.
    The Vienna Boys' Choir is the only version I have heard that I enjoyed. And as for the Special I enjoy part two better then the first.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post

I thought I read somewhere that Bowie was singing with Bing because his grandmother loved Bing Crosby, but Bowie refused to sing "The Little Drummer Boy" because he thought it was a God-awful song. The producers of the special eventually came up with the compromise that while Bing sang "The Little Drummer Boy", Bowie would sing the "Peace On Earth" part, and it all eventually worked out.

And I liked the song when I was younger, but grew to be annoyed by it as I got older.
    I now tend to refer to it as "The Little Dremel® Boy".

I really dislike almost all Christmas music.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Being formulaic isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    The Vienna Boys' Choir is the only version I have heard that I enjoyed. And as for the Special I enjoy part two better then the first.
    I think I saw the second one once, but I didn't like it as much as the first. Of course, I was an adult by that time, so that (and nostalgia for the original) might be the reason for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I really dislike almost all Christmas music.
    I personally love it, but only from Thanksgiving to Christmas. For the rest of the year, I don't want anything to do with holiday music, movies, or anything.

When it comes to Ninja Turtles movies ill take the very first 2 back in the early days over the 2 newer crap fests they gave us any day.

I think the reason for this is because of a time with my father. When I was a kid he took me to see part 1. He sat through it but he hated it but never let on. After the movie he took me to the toy store in the mall an let me get a Turtle Figure. I got Mikey of course. Then my dad said well he has to have a bad guy so he let me get Shredder. Then he said well that guy is tough better get another turtle to help out so I got Leo, then my dad said, two vs 1 is not fair so I got a Foot Clan Ninja. I walked away with 4 figures. I was on cloud nine. He admitted years later it was a but one get one free sale and let me get that many because he wanted to look like a hero. Well it worked
    Last edited by babyblob; 12-03-2021 at 06:58 PM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.