Page 155 of 440 FirstFirst ... 55105145151152153154155156157158159165205255 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,325 of 6586

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    While I know what I know about Louis C.K., I still can't not love Pootie Tang.

Don't know how to feel about that one.
    Could you elaborate what that is about? A link?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Zetsubou View Post
    "All men are created equal" says Thomas Jefferson who owned more slaves than George Washington. I guess he did not consider slaves as men.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...o_owned_slaves

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas...on_and_slavery

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All_men_are_created_equal

Well, not all men are created equal. God created man in different way, form or shape. Some are born smarter, taller or more beautiful. Some are born into privileged families. Some are born inferior in body or mind, some are born with genetic defects. others are born into poverty.
    That is not what he meant by "created equal". It's about their inalienable rights to which they are entitled. Slavery was a stain on this country and must always be a part of it's legacy and that of it's founders.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Some folks don't see problems until it effects them personally. I don't know if you're familiar with a youtuber called SomeBlackGuy...he's nowhere close to being a Candace Owens or whatever, but his whole thing is if people in general but black people specifically were more "chill" everything would just work itsself out. I just think, he's lead a lucky life where he didn't find himself on the wrong end of a racist attack.
    I know that kid too, got into a argument with him on YouTube lol. He definitely sounds, naive. But like Emperor said, it's hard to tell.

In fact you want to know a REALLY controversial opinion? I think the aforementioned black people are just being selfishly pragmatic. It's a survival skill that was adapted by us because of reconstruction, Jim Crow laws, institutional racism etc. Just look at the disagreements between W. E. B. Duboise and Booker T Washington. Booker was like don't demand anything, just keep your head down and white people won't hurt you. Modern black people still kinda live by that pragmatic motto for survival.

Which is why it's hard to get black people on the same page a lot of times. Because they're scared of the consequences. Hell my great grandmothers told me how some black people was resentful of MLK and the civil rights movement. So you can imagine what they thought about black radicals. Black people have always had to play chess, even if that meant throwing other black people under the bus.

I actually was able to visit Monticello last year and they did a really good job incorporating slavery into his legacy. History is mess and complicated. I find that both sides of the political aisle want to pick and choose aspects of history to justify their worldview. Their people were angels and everyone else were Satan. The truth is much more complex.

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    To spin it away from politics.

Rpgs and Wargaming are superior to videogames in most ways.
    RPGs are okay.

I've yet to be convinced that there's much to war games though. To much luck of the die rolls in the ones I've tried.

Board games on the other hand... There are some real gems there.

Quote Originally Posted by dancj View Post
    RPGs are okay.

I've yet to be convinced that there's much to war games though. To much luck of the die rolls in the ones I've tried.

Depends on what you play frankly.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by dancj View Post
    RPGs are okay.

I had built up a magnificent Bard. Perfect balance of slick and dangerous. I dropped out of the group for a bit, and they NPCd him into a pub owner married to the local dopey barmaid with a dozen kids.

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Madam-Shogun-Assassin View Post

Black people have always had to play chess, even if that meant throwing other black people under the bus.
    that's most black politicians in a nutshell too.

"Good White Folks" who want Non White, Non Christian people to always be expressing gratitude because we can sit next to them on the bus make me want to puke. The threat that they will vote for Trump if we dont "act right" is a current running under their convo. Ugh!

Quote Originally Posted by Madam-Shogun-Assassin View Post
    "Good White Folks" who want Non White, Non Christian people to always be expressing gratitude because we can sit next to them on the bus make me want to puke. The threat that they will vote for Trump if we dont "act right" is a current running under their convo. Ugh!
    Who are these people you are talking to?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darkseid Is View Post
    Who are these people you are talking to?
    There's a non-trivial demographic of white people who would consider themselves relatively tolerant and open-minded, and will act perfectly kind and friendly when in public. If you really get them to speak their minds though, they will make it fairly clear that they consider minorities to be an unwanted nuisance, their total dependence on immigrant labor notwithstanding, and that we should all just be grateful that we're allowed to stay in the country and have access to a fraction of the opportunities they take for granted.

To some extent, white moderates have always been unreliable allies to most minority activists because it's pretty clear that their definition of fair and just falls well short of what most people who have experienced oppression would consider to be valid, and they will always be quick to criticize us for being too extreme and demanding too much while almost never speaking up against the other side in the same manner. And this is understandable, I'm sure that most of them want to do the right thing and support righteous causes, they just aren't prepared to give up their privileged status to achieve this, and when the chips are down that side of them always comes out.

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

X-Men films was doing fine until fairly recently. I remember when DOFP, and Deadpool came out and people were like X-Men is fine where it is (at FOX). Then Apocalypse, and the merger happened and all of a sudden ALL X-Men films suck and has ALWAYS suck. ����

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Could you elaborate what that is about? A link?

- You don't know the film?

or

- You don't know why Louis CK would be an issue?

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor-of-Dragons View Post
    X-Men films was doing fine until fairly recently. I remember when DOFP, and Deadpool came out and people were like X-Men is fine where it is (at FOX). Then Apocalypse, and the merger happened and all of a sudden ALL X-Men films suck and has ALWAYS suck. ����
    People just think that if the X-Men is done under Marvel Productions they'll get a film that's closer to the comics. They basically want to see a real life actor playing Wolverine in yellow tights.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    People just think that if the X-Men is done under Marvel Productions they'll get a film that's closer to the comics. They basically want to see a real life actor playing Wolverine in yellow tights.
    I kinda split the difference, I want Disney's comicbook heavy accuracy, but I want FOX's tone to stay the same.